This class get's crazy after fb59

Feiric - Harshlands
Feiric - Harshlands Posts: 240 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Wizard
I need a little advice from you big guys & gals. Like the title implies, I got the level 59 spells. I've got more of an arsenal than what I'm used to dealing with here. So I'm going to ask you a few questions on your experience from going through this.

1. Two sparks to choose from. With sutra and the big three spells that give this level some meat, do you ever find yourself using sparks?

2. I just got pretty good with my hotkey setup until now. There's so much to choose from in arrangements, you have any advice on hotkey setups? This is my biggest concern because once I set everything up and use it for a while, it's hard for me to rearrange my hotkeys. You know, you find out that you really don't use this spell as much as you should use the other and you want to move stuff around ... I don't want to deal with that riff raff. If you're higher level than me, then I really don't need to explain why.

So if you have a screenshot of your arrangement, that would be awesome to get some ideas from.

3. Sutra. I guess that doesn't work in macro, huh? Or Force of Will. Am I right or ****?

--

I wouldn't say I'm freaking out about all these friggin spells, because I love a good challenge. I just need your advice so I can be a little more confident in how I'm playing this class. I picked some fights with barbs, archers and venos to try out the sweet damage, but mostly lost because I suck and am still in the process of arranging my hotkeys. I don't really care if I die, but I'd rather not do it, you know?

Thanks in advance all.

EDIT: One more question from reading that poll on builds just now. I'm LA and am about ready to really get my feet wet in PvP. Would you Lost City and Harshlands wizzies recommend restatting to pure? Why or why not? I was planning to restat at between 80 and 90. But I want to know what you think about doing it now, instead.
Post edited by Feiric - Harshlands on

Comments

• Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    ES doesn't work in a macro you are correct, I have never tried FoW. I hardly ever spark, although I think you will more once you hit Sage/Demon.
    I always have both bars expanded all the way. I have all my quick/often spells on 1-6 then next to those it is all my less often used spells my Hailstorm and d.o.t's mostly and in the third is my quick to click spells my blink and heal. Now onto the F-bar. I have F1 as attack, F2 as pickup, F3 is meditate, F4 is fly. F5 is my starter spell in this case DP. F5-F8 are my ults. Above that bar are all my buffs. And finally on the last bar are all my pots with assist attack
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • Cosoc - Sanctuary
    Cosoc - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    1 - blink - easy to press 1 and s for a quick retreat
    2 - pyro
    3 - gush
    4 - DP
    5- GS
    6 - SS

F's i group with the element so its easy to remember

F1 - pitfall (finisher) will exchange with undine when i get it
    F2 - pheonix (fire - above pyro)
    F3 - BIDS (water ULT - above gush)
    F4 - Tempest (fire/phys ULT - above DP)
    F5 - Sutra (easy set up for sutra combo - sutra - dp-gs-ss-dp - F5-4-5-6-4)
    F6 - FOW (earth - above ss)
    F7 - spark erupt 1 (i like to use spark-force-sutra - only good with full chi)
    F8 - MS (earth ULT)

i dont have stane rain hotkeyed cos i dont use it... and wont till sage (its not maxed)
    hailstorm - useless still at lvl 1
    COF - same

all other spells/sheild/pots/fly/mount i just press with the mouse...
    im on pve so pure all the way XD
    hope this helps - gl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tuathose
    tuathose Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    dont know, maybe i could help you out, you notice how the F1-F8 keys have 3 total sets you can choose between by pressing tab. What i have done with my chars when they get high enough to have multiple attacks, i have pulled those sets so all 3 show, and filled all the actual spells in them. I leave them open and select the spells as i need them. I dont use macros anymore, though i keep one on hand, if in a fight and i need to chat, I can push the 1 macro i have and type in what i need to say while the macro runs its course. Don't try to use just one set of 8 skills, spread it so you have 24 options on one set, and 18 options avail on the other. lol shoot 1-6 i have hotkeyed for my rides, and emoticons. Hope this helps.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I have my stacks visible, can't manage the tab hitting whilst fighting. I do however have lots of FPS experience so I'm pretty fast at clicking the one's I can't hotkey.

Force of Will does work in macro's and at lv.60+ 90% of your quest mobs will be magical, so if like me you don't like taking uneccasary hits replace Phoenix with it in all your macro's(or set up new versions so you can switch), I'd post a screenie I honestly don't know how O,.,O
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Shevanel - Sanctuary
    Shevanel - Sanctuary Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Print screen - saves in the PerfWorld folder on your comp.

www.tinypic.com - upload to there and get the html link, and just paste it here.
    Koiz - omfg my life is now complete
    Shevanel - haha oh?
    ~~~
    Koiz - i took this massive dump
    Koiz - while listening to im on a boat hahahah
    Shevanel - hahahahaha
    Shevanel - haha
    Shevanel - Oh wow

Certain levels of Boredom..
    ThaMessiah: I'd rather endlessly wack it till I shot a load that hits my ceiling than do a 3-2
    edited June 2009
    This should work, behold the Pineapple Man!

http://i40.tinypic.com/2sb52mt.jpg

Yay it worked, thanks Shev.

F1, F2, 5, F8, the rainbow thing and the green orb are my macro's.

• Shevanel - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    You fixed it!

Thats so different to how I have it set out. First I have my monitor and game set to 1280x1024 so everything is tiny..

I'll get a screen of mine up after this RB

Ok, I don't use any macros.. I like to play it as I see it.

And I also don't have that many skills.. and at the same time, more than I even use..
    Shevanel - haha oh?
    ~~~
    Shevanel - hahahahaha
    Shevanel - haha
    Shevanel - Oh wow

ThaMessiah: I'd rather endlessly wack it till I shot a load that hits my ceiling than do a 3-2
    edited June 2009
    It set itself to 800x600(and 1440x900 every time I press alt+tab >.<). Be honest, does my armour look silly or cool?

• Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    quite nice, I will post my skills and hotkeys too tonight.
    But there is not "propper" way to do it, everyone does it to fit his/her needs

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Feiric - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    Thanks for all the input. The screen shot was intersting to look at so thanks Witch. Mine is a lot different. Maybe I'll put up a screen shot to see if you guys have suggestions, comments or .. concerns .. if you're weird like that.

Actually everyone's hotkey layout is a bit different, so that's kind of intersting. Wish there was some way to put them to the test.
  • Feiric - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    quite nice, I will post my skills and hotkeys too tonight.
    But there is not "propper" way to do it, everyone does it to fit his/her needs

I've thought the same thing, but I'm still just curious as to what other poeple are doing with their layouts after getting most of their skills besides the 79+ leftovers.
  • Shevanel - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    I can only stand 800x600 on my laptop..
    The armour looks cool, but a little over the top d :
    I dunno about the collar.. looks like you're a vampire or something.

It's definitely different, which is a good thing in a game where there can only be so many combos.
    Shevanel - haha oh?
    ~~~
    Shevanel - hahahahaha
    Shevanel - haha
    Shevanel - Oh wow

edited June 2009
    The shirt's a Steppenwolf Lord's Cape(lv.77 Legendary), I'm pretty sure looking at the pictures that TT80 Gold armour looks the same.

The Pants are Hades(lv.70 Legendary).

So I guess my armour is kind of over the top >.>

Nobody around my level seems to show their armour, shame really. I like the shiny demon face on the front so I've started wearing it instead of my helmsley setup.

• Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    One thing I forgot:
    My 59 ultimates are still at lvl 1. I maxed masteries and not the ultimates. They do some nice dmg, and AOE is good, but I found it more usefull to 2 shot a lvl 76 dragonmaid and add a 1-2k to pyro/gush dmg than to have an ultimate maxed. I use the 2 spark on sutra 99% of the time, and I want to do the max dmg in that 6sec. That's how I play, you guys might have other preferences.
    Now that my SS is maxed, I do more dmg with a lvl 10 SS than with the MS (on Dragonmaids I do 106xx dmg with SS and 10400 with MS) , BIDS is a doll, so I will max that and GS next. Proabably after I get my Undine.
    Ultimates are nice and do amazind dmg, but for my needs atm the BIDS and Blade Tempest at lvl1 do enough dmg.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    The shirt's a Steppenwolf Lord's Cape(lv.77 Legendary), I'm pretty sure looking at the pictures that TT80 Gold armour looks the same.

The Pants are Hades(lv.70 Legendary).

So I guess my armour is kind of over the top >.>

Nobody around my level seems to show their armour, shame really. I like the shiny demon face on the front so I've started wearing it instead of my helmsley setup.

lol, yeah, I'll get the same cape at lvl 77.
    I don't have any pics available (i'm at work) but I'm always in Armor mode.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Damaged - Lost City
    Damaged - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    2upbrjs.jpg
    Ults at level 1, current sutra combo stuff maxed (DPs, earth masteries)

Double sparks useful for grinding on increased life mobs\you get gangbanged and want to see your character scream RESIST! like a macho man, not to mention it regens some mana

Two macros, one for grinding which i change frequently, one for bosses (looping DP, SS, Stone Rain)

As for sutra combo i'm from the UK (200 ping), and with a macro'd sutra combo i can only pull off 3 spells, by spam clicking I can get 4 spells off easily.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee231/Legault_/2009-06-1716-27-22.jpg

I have my other skills, Seize/Hail/Dragon Breath/Pitfall/etc on the third bars, but I usually keep those hidden since I don't use them often anyway.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Vvladamir - Sanctuary
    Vvladamir - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    What is a macro? b:thanks
    Fire can weather anything, it can evaporate water, burn the earth, melt the ice, and burn the air.
    Vvladamir Sanctuary Pure Wizard
    edited June 2009
    On your skills page you'll be able to see the bottom line(combo skills) is empty. Click 'New' and then drag some skill icons onto it. Then click save. Add this to a hotkey and that one button fires off all the skills you added to the combo.

You probably won't use one until you get the Will of the Phoenix pushback skill.

• Satuki - Harshlands
    Satuki - Harshlands Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    http://i42.tinypic.com/velt1k.jpg

5 would be undine when i get it
    2 would be sleep
  • Feiric - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    It's pretty interesting seeing everyone's layout. I took some ideas and readjusted, and being a wizard has gotten a lot more managable. Here's a screenie I just took. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

http://i42.tinypic.com/2m7hovs.jpg

EDIT: Just wanted to give my own input for anyone else looking for ideas as well. If you notice, my genie is on the right side above the F row keys. I found that pretty convenient when stacking the debuffs while casting at the same time. I tested it out on my guild leader who's a cleric 10 levels above me with Blade Tempest and got him in one shot (in a see-how-much-damage-it-does duel.) A good cleric probably wouldn't let that happen in real PvP, but I thought it was still pretty friggin' awesome. Genie's rock.
    edited June 2009
    Wow you have emberstorm hotkeyed, good luck with that.

• Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i use this on mine:

Untitled-2.png

the 3 empty spots use to be apoth items: fury pots, purify pots, and damage absorb pots. but i've been very inactive recently and have had no time to farm.
  • Feiric - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    Wow you have emberstorm hotkeyed, good luck with that.

Not hotkeyed. Mouse keyed :) Just wanted to see what it looked like a while back and never took it off.
    edited June 2009
    lol, fair enough. That skill is as dissapointing to watch as it is as a skill.

• Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]