Nix for Hardcore Grinding - Can it earn me $$$ ?

nicoleluver
nicoleluver Posts: 4 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Venomancer
Hello all ^^ I'm in my 50s, and plan to get a Nix soon. My question to all those Lv 80+ Venos that own a Nix is

a> Is Grinding with Nix on Air Mobs really profitable at 80+ ? How much do you earn every Hr or every day say on average ?

b> Since the TT Prices are dropping and I have no intention of getting a Herc, I would want to make more money by grinding with my Nix. I got plenty of time to grind for many hours so would it be wise to actually invest in my nix than a Herc for making more money ?

c> I heard grinding past Lv 90+ Gets you loads of money. Which would make the more profit here ? Grinding on air mobs with a Nix or AOE grinding with a Herc ?

Thnx for your replies ^^
Post edited by nicoleluver on

Comments

• tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    People grind air mobs for the bonus xp, not the coin.

So far with the Herc, I've gotten 6 Flame Boots of Intensity molds which all sold in less than a day for over 1m. I got a Misty Forest Ring which sold for 8m in less than a week. Today I farmed 10 apo pages, and got a Feng's steel armor (gold mat) along with the standard tt mats.-None of this is possible to do with a Nix, and it doesn't take a Nix to grind air mobs.
    a> Is Grinding with Nix on Air Mobs really profitable at 80+ ?

The higher lvl in general, the higher the profits.
    How much do you earn every Hr or every day say on average ?

At lvl ~80 I made ~11m in 2 days of heavy playing (~14 hour days).
    Since the TT Prices are dropping and I have no intention of getting a Herc, I would want to make more money by grinding with my Nix. I got plenty of time to grind for many hours so would it be wise to actually invest in my nix than a Herc for making more money ?

Not having a Herc prohibits you from being able to solo otherwise unsoloable quests. Having Herc, you're not burdened by waiting for or finding a squad. Nix simply helps you kill faster. The prices that are dropping are the common items because there is other stuff that makes tt's worth farming. You can still get 200k from apo pages and they appear to fall about 2-3 times per unsubbed run of 2-2, and they're not even boss drops.
    c> I heard grinding past Lv 90+ Gets you loads of money. Which would make the more profit here ? Grinding on air mobs with a Nix or AOE grinding with a Herc ?

The way you talk about grinding, you should have no problem at all getting both a nix and herc before you're level 80. I'd go for the Herc first personally just for that liberation it brings. If you want to make money, try buying and selling.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Lailahh - Harshlands
    Lailahh - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    ok this is a noob question but whats a vix and a herc i just wanna know cuz I've herd people talking about it a lot but i have no idea I've searched and all i got was the abbreviation of them
  • hawk
    hawk Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    ok this is a noob question but whats a vix and a herc i just wanna know cuz I've herd people talking about it a lot but i have no idea I've searched and all i got was the abbreviation of them

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=263181
  • Walterthewf - Harshlands
    Walterthewf - Harshlands Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    If your grinding for money, there is no question phoenix is superior in every way to herc.

You can get 200kish gold an hour. About.
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    If your grinding for money, there is no question phoenix is superior in every way to herc.

With herc, you can solo aoe grind.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    tweakz wrote: »
    So far with the Herc, I've gotten 6 Flame Boots of Intensity molds which all sold in less than a day for over 1m.
    b:cry b:cry b:cry

I killed that stupid drake boss over a hundred times for a month trying to get that mold. Nothing. I finally bought the stupid thing from someone for 1.5 mil.
  • tweakz
    edited June 2009
    Sorry to hear, the most I've sold them for is 1.2m. I also just bough one a few days ago for 500k and sold within a day for 1.2m. I've used +.2m/s boots for myself instead as long as I can remember.
  • Jadye - Dreamweaver
    Jadye - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    b:cry b:cry b:cry

I killed that stupid drake boss over a hundred times for a month trying to get that mold. Nothing. I finally bought the stupid thing from someone for 1.5 mil.

drake boss???

well anyways i second the herc as my fav..i got my herc at lvl 22 an solo'd my own fb19-39 an workin on doin my fb51, (as solo i mean no cleric just me) and i do mold runs everyday with him on fb29...anyways herc is more profitable to me cause i can mob bout 10-20 mobs an heal pet while hercs reflect pretty much pwns em which a nix cannot do, also a nix cant do fb runs...so personally i find herc to be better cause i make around 100-200k an hr depending on the types of mobs i grind an DQ's im going after to sell, so bout 200k i make an hr an im only lvl 49..(not counting all the molds i sold when i do FB runs) Oh and got a WoF to sell if mag user readin forum needs one on lol, found off fb39 run, got lucky...1.5mil cheap
  • Jadye - Dreamweaver
    Jadye - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2009

nix is only good for quickness not quantity, herc has tons an tons more p.def an m.def then a nix and can mob alot more, dueled a nix lvl 57 vs herc lvl 49 an herc won but mainly due to reflectb:flower (no healing) but hercs can take and dish good damage while nix can only dish out more damage but not take it muchb:bye
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    tweakz wrote: »
    Sorry to hear, the most I've sold them for is 1.2m. I also just bough one a few days ago for 500k and sold within a day for 1.2m. I've used +.2m/s boots for myself instead as long as I can remember.
    Yeah, it was only the second one I saw for sale in 2 weeks of looking on AH and cat shops (the first one was priced at a ridiculous 5 mil). I figured a fair price for it was about 1 mil, but my shop makes 500k - 1 mil a day. Considering I'd wasted 2 weeks shopping and a month FBing trying to get it, I wasn't gonna quibble about a half mil extra.
    drake boss???

Raving Drake Brute in FB59.
  • Plicid - Heavens Tear
    Plicid - Heavens Tear Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I got my Nix before my Herc and it can help you lvl very quickly if you dont mind grinding. Killing Bloodbirds(lvl 82) north of city of the lost I would make 150-200k an hour starting at about lvl 70. Also will get you more Wind Ginseng than you know what to do with. Herc is nice for TT, but that is almost all I use it for. If I can use Nix I do, kills much faster.I skipped alot of my quests from 60-80 because I got faster exp from grinding air mobs.
  • Byno - Sanctuary
    Byno - Sanctuary Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I can aoe grind with my bird easily. Sure I'm taking on 5 of them instead of however many a herc can handle, but I can take it down quick. Even if I had a herc, I'd probably stick to birdy for grinding.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    When using a Nix you are out of harm way if you stay on your areomount.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • tweakz
    edited June 2009
    I like to have a variety of grinding methods at my disposal.
    When using a Nix you are out of harm way if you stay on your areomount.

-One thing Veno's are criticized for, but then I see a lot of people that put down unwined 59 cause they're lazy too.
  • Walterthewf - Harshlands
    Walterthewf - Harshlands Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited June 2009

Slower XP

Requires more effort

Greater risk of death

Yes, you can.

That doesn't mean you should.
  • tweakz
    edited June 2009
    When I wanna be lazy, I use the nix from air mount. When I feel like working, I do some aoe / mining at same time with herc. Then there's some in between options.
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009

I have both herc and phoenix, I stopped AOE grinding after my nix reached level 70. I get much more exp by grinding on air mobs with nix then AOE with herc. But AOE grinding with a herc is cool b:pleased.
  • tweakz
    edited June 2009
    I've got a Plumpfish with herc's buffs that can solo aoe grind for fast xp. It cost me about the same as a Herc or Nix, and I don't use it much (more than enough to keep leveled though) because I'm still working on rep.