combos/macros not working for me

azahlin
azahlin Posts: 9 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
I tried to do a few different combos with my Veno. Only the first skill was executed then the combo stoped. Anyone an idea why?
(I took care that had enough mana and such) I tried easy things lik e.g. 2 dmg spells in a row or Fox Form, Pet Heal, Fox Form but nothing worked out. Only the first skill was executed.
heeeeelp b:shocked b:bye
Post edited by azahlin on

Comments

• Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    combos can be a bit tricky, did you have enough chi for the 2nd skill is a common problem, was the 2nd skill definitively a fox form skill? and ive had problems with macros in past some combinations just dont seem to work or can cutout
  • azahlin
    edited June 2009
    Yes, I had enough mana/chi. I tried doing the combos "manually" by just clicking the different skills. Regarding the fox Form, I tried macros with it and without it. Did not matter, none of them worked for more that the first skill b:cry
  • Enina - Heavens Tear
    Enina - Heavens Tear Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I've had that problem, too, from time to time. It only manifests - for me - when I try to macro the same skills right after each other. It'll trigger the first of the attacks, but stops at the second.

I assume that it's because all skills have a short cooldown - even the insta-cast-again skills like Venomous Scarab - and when the macro runs, it esentially tries to run the skill before the initial cooldown has finished, which leads to the feedback of the skill being unavailable, and the macro stopping.

Putting different attacks in the macro so an attack isn't repeated, however, gives a perfectly smooth result.
  • azahlin
    edited June 2009
    I tried it also with two different spells, didnt work. Since it seems to work for everyone else I think I will draw a ticket and ask a GM about that.
  • djbigray
    djbigray Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    do keep pressing the combo.just press it once.and if you have kept pressing it you may have to restart to get it working normal
  • Temptresss - Lost City
    Temptresss - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I'm having trouble with this as well and have tried asking GMs about it but they won't respond.

Here's what I've found out so far.

Using Soul Transfusion + Metabolic Boost in any order i cannot make work.

(Emergency Heal)

Using Fox Form + Summer Sprint in any order I cannot get to work.

(Armored escape)

I know for a fact that I have the required Chi, mana available to make these skills work, but I'm thinking to some degree, macros are a fail.

One that I did have some success with after playing around a bit was:

Ironwood Scarab + Venomous Scarab + Venomous Scarab

(allows for an effective kill on mobs my lvl while training lower lvl pets. The no delay time allows me to kill off a mob before it can react to agro and reach me or cast spells at me. And also allows me to focus on getting next pet skill activated.)

I found when you use the above combo, putting the three icons side by side in the macro creation screen, it fails. However, if you put IW and one VS side by side, then put the final VS all the way to the last combo slot, the combo works. So perhaps there is some delay involved. Maybe try putting space between your skills in the slots and see if they work then.

Even with that, the one combo that has given any success, still only works when it wants to... sometimes it works, sometimes it fails.
  • azahlin
    edited July 2009
    I have the feeling that fox form is not working properly when used in macros. Its a real shame since it would be nice to do a macro like Fox Form-debuffs-Fox Form. But this seems to be buggy!
  • chukan
    chukan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I have the same problem and i tried classes such as cleric, veno and barbarian and all dont dont work me at all...