Keep All Equipment Drops

Options
youloverce
youloverce Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
At lower levels you drop quite a bit of equipment from mobs, insteadof npcing these items you should crush and sell the stones off to genie uses.

Just a little help. :)
Proud Member of Harvesteri (LOST CITY - PVP)
Level 8X Blademaster
Weapon Specialty Hand Combat (Fist and Claws)
Some people use there hands to heal and caress, I am not one of them.

Harvester - Gathering the souls of the impure.
Post edited by youloverce on

Comments

• mooman321
    mooman321 Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I will take your word on the economics of that, but would also add a few more pointers

Break for nectar! Look for it and keep all of it. I would have a lot easier time leveling my apothecary skill if I had kept nectar since the beginning.

That actually goes for ANY STACKABLE MATERIAL. Iron, coal, sandstone, all herbs animal skins, COTTON THREAD, jade, DQ items.....

When you start the game it takes awhile to figure out what to keep, and the best way to sell what you don't. Stackable materials don't take up additional slots and can always be sold when money is needed.......BUT once sold have to be bought back at a higher price or farmed.

I like the Idea of decomposing since is converts space hogging items into a stackable form. I would like more discussion on the economics of it from people who know. How much $$ do you lose in the transfer (selling to NPC vs decomposing and keeping stones)?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zetarana - Heavens Tear
    Zetarana - Heavens Tear Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    ^^ I second that...

Gosh I wish I had known that when I was newer and had all the stuff I needed for quests later on.

So does the ratio change on drops from mobs as you level up?

(for instance, getting purified oil from x mob (that drops it) that is level 30.)
    Does the chance decrease from when I was 30 and now @ 46?

THX
    Zetarana - Arcane Veno
    Nephandus - Arcane Wizard
    Faction: Nocturne
  • Cynaya - Sanctuary
    Cynaya - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    That sounds like a good idea, just one (noob) question though - ummm, could ya please explain how I "crush them down"? I have absolutely no idea what you mean by that, or how it's done, lol.

I'm a packrat by nature (in real too), and the itsy-bitsy bank is almost a game-killer for me. We'll see how I feel after I find the rest of the items I need to expand the bank. Right now my bank is completely full because of the materials I've kept (iron, coal, herbs, etc.). So any suggestions for "crushing" things down to save space are greatly appreciated.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    ^^ I second that...

Gosh I wish I had known that when I was newer and had all the stuff I needed for quests later on.

So does the ratio change on drops from mobs as you level up?

(for instance, getting purified oil from x mob (that drops it) that is level 30.)
    Does the chance decrease from when I was 30 and now @ 46?

THX

Yes. The higher you are compared to the monster, the lower the drop rate. You can find more information about that here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xymantha - Dreamweaver
    Xymantha - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    That sounds like a good idea, just one (noob) question though - ummm, could ya please explain how I "crush them down"?

in order to "crush them down" you must learn the crafting skill appropriate for that equipment. rings need craftsman skill, armor needs tailor skill, weapons need blacksmith skill. to keep being able to decompose your equipments, you must also level up those skills througout the game. the stones you get can either be fed to the genie to increase its blue bar - or you can take them to the apothecary (if you have that skill) and make yourself some charms for attack bonus (good for plowing through tough enemies faster) ;)
    I'm a man