To Conqueror:

drake01
drake01 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Arigora Colosseum
Dear Conq,

Yes, you guys are awesome. I'm not being sarcastic at all, but you have managed to completely dominate the Lost City server in every conceivable way. While you may say otherwise publicly, I think we all pretty much realize that within a few weeks, the PW TW map is gonna be a solid red rectangle.

I'm not complaining, I really do think you guys managed to 'win' Perfect World fairly. All the same, after you've completely dominated every burgeoning level 3 guild on the server, what are you going to do?

You could put a KOS on every faction ever created, and probably be able to enforce it. You could even buy the cash shop with the salary you'll be making. But really, where's the fun in that?

All I ask is that the other 99% of PWI be allowed a stake in the game as well. Give us some breathing room, let us color the map up a little bit. Really, what I'm asking for is a chance for the rest of us to grow and become an organized challenge to you. I promise, it'll be much more rewarding to crush us once we figure out what the hell we're doing.

Am I being unreasonable?
Post edited by drake01 on

Comments

• Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    They wouldn't be able to buy the cash shop if people stopped buying gold. Even if CQ let people have some land to battle over, it would never be constant coloring, one guild will eventually take hold, challenge CQ, then probably get wiped.

RQ and Spectral for instance, CQ attacks their land when they have it, not that hard for the map to get red again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    drake01 wrote: »
    Dear Conq,

Yes, you guys are awesome. I'm not being sarcastic at all, but you have managed to completely dominate the Lost City server in every conceivable way. While you may say otherwise publicly, I think we all pretty much realize that within a few weeks, the PW TW map is gonna be a solid red rectangle.

I'm not complaining, I really do think you guys managed to 'win' Perfect World fairly. All the same, after you've completely dominated every burgeoning level 3 guild on the server, what are you going to do?

You could put a KOS on every faction ever created, and probably be able to enforce it. You could even buy the cash shop with the salary you'll be making. But really, where's the fun in that?

All I ask is that the other 99% of PWI be allowed a stake in the game as well. Give us some breathing room, let us color the map up a little bit. Really, what I'm asking for is a chance for the rest of us to grow and become an organized challenge to you. I promise, it'll be much more rewarding to crush us once we figure out what the hell we're doing.

Am I being unreasonable?

go post on your main b:chuckle
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drake01
    edited June 2009
    From where I'm sitting, there's two options:

1. Conq gives land, Spec and RQ keep their e-peens in check, and two or three TW powers develop to challenge Conq within a month or two.

2. EVERY level 3 guild coordinates an effort to simultaneously attack Conq on as many territories as possible.

Now, option 2 could set back Conq majorly, but inter-faction team work being what it is, its a pretty obvious dead end. We all either organize, or hope that Conq leaves us a designated play pen to fight each other in.
  • drake01
    edited June 2009
    go post on your main b:chuckle

This is my main, i just never use the forums b:laugh.

Love the sig =P
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    pick your avatar then XD
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rakthor - Lost City
    Rakthor - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I think it'll be better if CQ rules the whole map rather than Spec or RQ.... they seem kinda... mean...ish..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited June 2009
    Don't ask for handouts. In Oracle/PW-MY, one guild took over all the lands and held it for months, but people are slowly taking it back. And that is a server with rampant fake bidding.
  • Anberlin - Lost City
    Anberlin - Lost City Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    If you're smart enough to figure out that CQ are likely to own the whole map soon then you should be smart enough to figure out that this is a stupid idea.

The little "play pen" will just get **** by big meanie guilds, the only way to keep Spectral off would be for CQ to bid on it and then not show up, which is probably against one rule or another. (The GMs could even make a rule for the occasion just like they pulled that "No training in TW" out of nowhere

So! Unless you're actually suggesting we give Spectral free land, maybe you should get back to thinking about how to make your own guild stronger. b:bye
  • ISnoopy - Lost City
    ISnoopy - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Afaik they dont own the whole map... Like 10 territories owned by others.
  • Lighter - Lost City
    Lighter - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    volst wrote: »
    Don't ask for handouts. In Oracle/PW-MY, one guild took over all the lands and held it for months, but people are slowly taking it back. And that is a server with rampant fake bidding.

I'm trying to bring the situation to light more so than I'm actually asking Conq to hand over half their territory. And I think Lost City lacks some of the inter-faction cooperation of Oracle, but maybe that will change once the TW map goes completely red, and stays that way.
    If you're smart enough to figure out that CQ are likely to own the whole map soon then you should be smart enough to figure out that this is a stupid idea.

The little "play pen" will just get **** by big meanie guilds, the only way to keep Spectral off would be for CQ to bid on it and then not show up, which is probably against one rule or another. (The GMs could even make a rule for the occasion just like they pulled that "No training in TW" out of nowhere

So! Unless you're actually suggesting we give Spectral free land, maybe you should get back to thinking about how to make your own guild stronger. b:bye

In the event that one 'big meanie guild' comes to dominate the remaining land and actually begin to pose a threat to Conq, you should really see how it benefits everybody. Big meanie guild gets land they've been dreaming of since CB, Conq finally finds a slightly challenging enemy, and the smaller guilds stand a chance to profit as well. Aside from the obvious alliances and treaties that would form, the remaining guilds would effectively be able to take some land away from both Conq and the big meanie guild, as both would be far more preoccupied with each other than concerned with baby level 3 factions occupying small territory.
    Afaik they dont own the whole map... Like 10 territories owned by others.

XD
  • yasii
    yasii Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Thats just a silly idea- what would CQ have to gain by doing that.

Fair play to CQ tho, they've done really well to get to this position. We shouldnt ask or expect them to play along with these kind of ideas though. If you dont want the map going and staying red the other guild need to step up to the challenge. Spectral and RQ are the only ones trying atm. b:cry

GZ need to wake up and see how CQ are using their tw's to grab their land while still keeping them onside. So sneaky! b:angry
  • Anberlin - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    In the event that one 'big meanie guild' comes to dominate the remaining land and actually begin to pose a threat to Conq, you should really see how it benefits everybody. Big meanie guild gets land they've been dreaming of since CB, Conq finally finds a slightly challenging enemy, and the smaller guilds stand a chance to profit as well. Aside from the obvious alliances and treaties that would form, the remaining guilds would effectively be able to take some land away from both Conq and the big meanie guild, as both would be far more preoccupied with each other than concerned with baby level 3 factions occupying small territory.

The problem with that is that the Big Meanies are our enemies. It was fine when GZ were the biggest meanie and we left them alone to do what they wanted with the non-CQ land but then Spectral got bigger.

Your posts are getting closer and closer to basically saying "Please stop taking Spectral land and let your greatest enemies grow". Spectral are challenging enough without us leaving land for them, what next.. should we farm HH for them too?

@your last sentence: I'd like to see the day CQ is too preoccupied with Spectral or any other faction that the 120-ish members not in the big war are unable to defend from a level 3 faction.
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    They seemed more than ready to defend when I attacked. Props to them for getting where they got, but I made my faction specifically to give them a little friendly compitetion in the future. They came prepared and actually have been helping my faction grow so they can get some good comp in the future. All around props for a well run faction.
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • Lighter - Lost City
    Lighter - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Point taken Anberlin. Maybe in the coming months the rest of us will manage to grow strong enough to pose something of a threat. Til then, long live Conq?
  • AdeptRogue - Lost City
    AdeptRogue - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    If you really dont want CQ owning the whole map then make your own guild or *gasp* merge? make a serious guild for TW. these days u see ppl switching guilds every *beep*ing week. (of course this doesnt apply to the more passive players looking for a "family").

Why not make X-guild dedicated to lvling and TW. sure you can still have fun and pk etc. but while keeping the objective in mind. you need to be well funded for tws and its easier if u have alot of ppl donating some money than maybe the top 5 or 10 in guild paying for everyone. organize urself, have material collectors, craftsmen, tailors and so on. you cant just rely on having a couple 9x,8x,7x to support the whole guild have all the lower levels help each other out.

Of course bringing up a guild thats good enough to pose a threat in tw from scratch is quite a challenge.

On the other hand, why not plan an organized attack on CQ. instead of trying to outbid each other on the same peice of land, thin their defences, line up 7 or 8 attacks on one weekend. fatigue plays an important role as well. Its a PvP server and every guild has their Kos and Allied friends but if you want to take a land owning beast(no insult intended CQ :)down then stop fighting each other so often.

Anyways these are my thoughts on the matter at hand, of course as a lvl 55 i have no exp in tw but its quite simple in theory.
  • meaangirl
    meaangirl Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    We at conq would never give up salary b:laugh
  • Allnighte - Lost City
    Allnighte - Lost City Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    it's threads and posts like these that remind me that the majority of players have no idea what's going on in other [big] guilds.

or that people have no clue how game mechanics even work regarding land and wars.
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I agree Allnighte, I am new to them, but I try b:surrender. I always keep in mind most of the people posting don't even know what a catapult looks like.
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • U_got_sniped - Lost City
    U_got_sniped - Lost City Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    yea first time i saw a TW (youtube vid) i was like WTF LOL at the caterpuller/pultb:laugh damn it looks funny when the little kittens run around with a red dot in the **** while a entire faction attack himb:chuckle
  • Levendula - Lost City
    Levendula - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    To Conqueror I can just say congratulations, and the same for their leader.Its not that easy to lead a guild as u think.For example remember Bloodlust and RQ too.They both were strong guilds but now FAILED.CQ will be not guilty if they will own the server, but we are!!!There are a lot of guilds with 1-2...10 high lvl ppl.These guilds will never win nothing and of course they cant win a TW against CQ. So better think a bit and try to unite somehow with guilds with more higher ppl.I know its hard to leave a faction ( I couldnt leave mine) but try to tell me a better idea. Thanx for read.
  • Sacred - Harshlands
    Sacred - Harshlands Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    To Conqueror I can just say congratulations, and the same for their leader.Its not that easy to lead a guild as u think.For example remember Bloodlust and RQ too.They both were strong guilds but now FAILED.CQ will be not guilty if they will own the server, but we are!!!There are a lot of guilds with 1-2...10 high lvl ppl.These guilds will never win nothing and of course they cant win a TW against CQ. So better think a bit and try to unite somehow with guilds with more higher ppl.I know its hard to leave a faction ( I couldnt leave mine) but try to tell me a better idea. Thanx for read.

How exactly did RQ fail? Maybe my definition of failure differs from yours and thats fine. But my definition of failure for any guild is when the guild completely disbands. Not considering territory for this matter. If your guild is off the map, that doesn't mean you can't keep trying.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    A level 3 faction can only hold 200 people.

Eventually people will become high levels and still unable to join CQ.

What then?

Eventually there will be another faction that is strong enough to challenge CQ. Simply because a single level 3 faction isnt large enough hold every single high level player in the game.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Hidden - Lost City
    Hidden - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I'd like to see the day CQ is too preoccupied with Spectral or any other faction that the 120-ish members not in the big war are unable to defend from a level 3 faction.

Riot.

/10char
  • Anberlin - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Riot.

/10char

Fair enough.
  • Aresnew - Lost City
    Aresnew - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    b:victory