Levels vs. Coins

Options
BratFury - Heavens Tear
BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
edited June 2009 in General Discussion
For those who don't use cash shop I am amazed they can exist at all in this game with anything. At leve 69 I had almost 5 million saved up. I had nothing great except a panther spurred 1x and a maxed yofials star. 2 items of clothing and a pair of heels. Yet at level 70 I went down to about 300k and that was BEFORE I finished buying all level 70 gears.

I spend/spend about 10.00 a week in the cash shop. Not very much but thats 40.00 a month. I usually use it to buy things I can resell or sell the gold itself to try and have some money in game after buying charms. I don't even bother with angels, as a wizard I die too much and the cost would be too great.

But I see these people in the game with Millions and Millions at level 70 and 80. My question is... how do they get that much? Did they grind and sell like crazy? Or did they utilize the cash shop and spend way more money than me to get what they have? I saw someone level 80 looking to buy a violet or a boa which is like 12 million. How do people get that much in game money to spend? What am I missing?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by BratFury - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    If they're in a large, land-owning faction, they could be getting a decent TW paycheck every week. ~.^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    its called cash shop.
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Plicid - Heavens Tear
    Plicid - Heavens Tear Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    for a while I used to buy underpriced goods in Arch and just sell in catshop while I slept and made a mil or 2 that way, so it is possible. but most of my $$ comes from TT and Grinding now. coin comes easier the higher lvl u get.

It is possible they have a High lvl main, but honestly it is probably cash shop 9/10 times.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Part of it is knowing what's essential and what isn't. For example I see heaps of 4x players with legendary weapons, mounts, upgraded aerogear, refined weapons, sharded armor, hp and mp charms, upgraded inventory and bank, cash shop outfits and spamming exp scrolls. And I see these same players crying and complaining they don't have enough money O_o

As well as this, these types of players don't pick up coin, npc crafting mats, don't collect mats, go on DQ's, the lot.

None of this is needed. A smart player can survive perfectly well in NPC gear, basic few skills and quest reward equips and nothing else. During your leveling you study the market, pick up anything you find or see, mats, coin, items anything. At endgame, then you can start putting the money in, because you'll actually have the funds.
  • Kazue - Heavens Tear
    Kazue - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    If you insist on buying all your gears, of course you'll be poor. After all, your paying someone else to do the work for you.
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    1. TW salary
    2. Cash Shop
    3. grind alot
    4. got lucky with molds in fb69,79,89(+50% acc ring,XS,+2% crit ring, etc..)

thats about it b:bye
    edited June 2009
    Options
    its called the cash shop

b:chuckle

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    its called cash shop.

i have a big pennis. that is all
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    your veno, how can u have problems with money =x
    but to be honest my main-income is tw pay at the moment lol. I do use cashshop rarely ( 100$ only so far since dreamweaver opened ) - thats only when really needed or im too lazy xD
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Gralth - Sanctuary
    Gralth - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    About 140M for me and my friend from Jolly Roger event (started with 3M at the beginning of an event)

Now I'm just buying underpriced items and selling for an ordinary price while I sleep.

50%-off boutique sales help much too... Prices often go back to normal in under 1 week...

I've never farmed... yet :)

So just look out for events and occasions and... profit ^_^
    You're no better than Raskolnikov... who felt he could justify killing an old woman... with an ax!
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I am not a veno, I am a wizard. I am sure I wrote that in my original post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nightfaii - Harshlands
    Nightfaii - Harshlands Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    hmmm.... never knew so many ppl had to buy/sell cash shop items.

I have 6m w/ legendary gear just from grinding :/
    Maybe its because I sell my DQ items.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    For those who don't use cash shop I am amazed they can exist at all in this game with anything. At leve 69 I had almost 5 million saved up. I had nothing great except a panther spurred 1x and a maxed yofials star. 2 items of clothing and a pair of heels. Yet at level 70 I went down to about 300k and that was BEFORE I finished buying all level 70 gears.

I spend/spend about 10.00 a week in the cash shop. Not very much but thats 40.00 a month. I usually use it to buy things I can resell or sell the gold itself to try and have some money in game after buying charms. I don't even bother with angels, as a wizard I die too much and the cost would be too great.

But I see these people in the game with Millions and Millions at level 70 and 80. My question is... how do they get that much? Did they grind and sell like crazy? Or did they utilize the cash shop and spend way more money than me to get what they have? I saw someone level 80 looking to buy a violet or a boa which is like 12 million. How do people get that much in game money to spend? What am I missing?

They grind, pick up drops, and sell stuff in cat shops, the AH, and vendor the rest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

no, it's cuz you're a veno b:kiss
  • DollParts - Sanctuary
    DollParts - Sanctuary Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    my wiz isnt exactly making much money for the lvl. I make more money than i spend but i do use a ton of pots/remedies. Mostly just mp stuff.

Having a higher lvl veno has really helped tho. I can always jump on it for an hour, spend no amount of money and be a few 100k's richer. And sometimes i just get real lucky with money.. like a few days ago i had a ton of mats in my wh so i decide to wine and solo a fb79. killed all the bosses and came out with 5 molds. Nearly 10mil after i sold them. Veno money makers are the way to go in my opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Grievence - Sanctuary
    Grievence - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Money making in this game is not hard when you find the right system, if i need money i can make about 1 - 1.5 mill for about 2 hours work (on a good day), with no costs to me such as using charms etc (i.e. no grinding). you just need to think logically. oh and ive never spent any money on the game, but occasionally buy gold in game when i need it.

And no i wont tell you how to do it.b:laugh
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I grind and sell things. It's pretty easy. But I believe most use real money.

And no, I don't have a Hercules so there's no soloing TTs for me.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear
    Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    About 140M for me and my friend from Jolly Roger event (started with 3M at the beginning of an event)

Now I'm just buying underpriced items and selling for an ordinary price while I sleep.

50%-off boutique sales help much too... Prices often go back to normal in under 1 week...

I've never farmed... yet :)

So just look out for events and occasions and... profit ^_^
    This. I made maybe 40-50 mil from Jolly Jones event, and I didn't even spend that much time on it. Now I have a stack of dragon orbs ready to sell.
  • Kalza - Sanctuary
    Kalza - Sanctuary Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Make a veno to farm dq items,npc and repeat
    Repairs for a veno: "wtf is repairing?" - Aschia
    Charm useage: "I've had the same charms for 3 weeks now u nub"- Aschia
    gawd I hate venos -,.,-
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Make a veno to farm dq items,npc and repeat
    Repairs for a veno: "wtf is repairing?" - Aschia
    Charm useage: "I've had the same charms for 3 weeks now u nub"- Aschia
    gawd I hate venos -,.,-

This made me lol.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    This. I made maybe 40-50 mil from Jolly Jones event, and I didn't even spend that much time on it. Now I have a stack of dragon orbs ready to sell.
    The important thing to remember is that once you make some money, don't spend it all. e.g. If you're making money off of 50% sales, say you make 10 mil from one event. You can spend 5 mil on skills, equipment, etc. but save the other 5 mil for the next event. Next 50% sale, you buy 5 mil worth of stuff, then resell it to end up with another 10 mil.

If you'd spent 9 mil and only saved 1 mil, next 50% sale you could only buy 1 mil worth of stuff, and you'd end up with 2 mil after selling everything. 1 mil profit instead of 5 mil profit. Saving most of the money you make so you can reinvest it is the key to maintaining high cashflow.
  • Kalza - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Options
    The important thing to remember is that once you make some money, don't spend it all. e.g. If you're making money off of 50% sales, say you make 10 mil from one event. You can spend 5 mil on skills, equipment, etc. but save the other 5 mil for the next event. Next 50% sale, you buy 5 mil worth of stuff, then resell it to end up with another 10 mil.

If you'd spent 9 mil and only saved 1 mil, next 50% sale you could only buy 1 mil worth of stuff, and you'd end up with 2 mil after selling everything. 1 mil profit instead of 5 mil profit. Saving most of the money you make so you can reinvest it is the key to maintaining high cashflow.

<
    has 237 coins after a 3 hour grind b:cold
    edited June 2009
    Options
    <
    has 100k coins and no charms after 1 (me) v 4 in pk :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    i have 42.1m after wasting 2m on a divorce and 4m on my armour.

i got my money from selling 2 of these: http://www.pwdatabase.com/my/items/15307
  • Kalza - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Options
    i have 42.1m after wasting 2m on a divorce and 4m on my armour.

i got my money from selling 2 of these: http://www.pwdatabase.com/my/items/15307

GJ b:cry

10 char
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    i farm and it is sooo worth itb:bye
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    Torsay - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

lol... good one
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    i have a +5 refined g6-8 citrine sharded set of TT90 armor, and like 25m after my sage/79 skills and buying the gems/orbs from just leveling and doing 3-1. leveling a few hours kind of makes a mil or so a day
  • Mizorie - Lost City
    Mizorie - Lost City Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

Err you should have just farmed hh, it would have been free.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dalamaar: Mizorie you have no soul.
  • youswallow
    youswallow Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    omg WHAT THA F are u guys talking bout buy/resell......WRONG tha secret is farm mats DERRRRR sell ult subs i have bought everything i have doing this
    whats everything u ask well....so far i have bought super safe , super inventory, maxed deavas , maxed kirin , 10 hp charms , 35 mp charms , raptor for alt , panther for little bro's char , bought those expensive 2 star equips for lvl 4 manufactuing, OMG do i need to go on wasted mad money on random WC and stupid cube and i have never spent real money get with tha program ppl buy/sell u can make decent profit but farm mats ALL PROFIT its a FREE game keep it that way DERRRRRR