Genie skill bonuses... Fractional or Threshold?

Aurorie - Dreamweaver
Aurorie - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
edited June 2009 in General Discussion
Hello everyone, had a quick question that I have not been able to find a definitive answer for elsewhere~

Are the skill bonuses genies get from stats fractional or threshold based? For example, Holy Path DEX modifier is 100 dex for 1 extra second of duration... My question is: Will 50 DEX give you 0.5 seconds extra duration, or do you only get the bonus when you reach 100 DEX (which would be very difficult to achieve).

I would imagine the bonuses are fractional due to the fact that each point in MAG gives some bit of energy regen rate increase (and also because certain skills like Holy Path need extremely large amounts of stat points in one area to get that bonus), but I wanted to see if anyone has actually tested this or has a confirmed answer. Thanks in advanced =D
Post edited by Aurorie - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Y'know, I've been wondering the same thing...! However, I don't have an answer for ya. Sorry. ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I would think it is similar to the crit calculation where you need 20 points of dex get exactly 1 extra crit. For that case it is threshold based. I haven't done any tests of this though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Aurorie - Dreamweaver
    Aurorie - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Hmm, I'm somewhat shocked nobody has really done any testing on this (or a definitive answer given by PWI)... seems like it would be an important thing to know! Albeit a bit hard to test conclusively for in some cases. xD
  • Illyana - Dreamweaver
    Illyana - Dreamweaver Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Dex boosts to skills are not fractional, however MP regen as an effect of a genie's magic attribute is. For example, a MP regen of 1.5 will give you 3 MP every two ticks.
    5.0 "Pure" 8jun Sage Clawrcher of Dreamweaver