Few questions for Venos

TrinityX - Harshlands
TrinityX - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Venomancer
Hello there!,

Ok I have a few questions, I've been playing for abit now, I'm a arcane Veno atm with sawfly and golam at my lvl 51, these 2 pets have served me well to get me to where I am but the more I hear ingame and on these forums is to be the best a veno can be I'm going to need a herc and nix the problem is although i do spend some money on cashshop items they are really out of my prise range atm so my first question is whats the best (if any) way/place/items to farm to be able to get the cash together ingame?.

Also Im wondering what pets are good for pulling and what is a good tank pet against magic? atm I have the frost antelope which seems to have good magic def and I have a Neolithic wolf which seems to have good speed?.

3rd question is on my server (PvP) lots of Venos aswell as Clerics and Wizards are using light armor, im lvl 51 atm and really thinking of swithing to light at around the lvl 60 mark, these are my stats atm.

Vit: 51
Str: 38
Dex:10
Mag: 171

At lvl 60 what should my stat's look like to wear lvl 60 light armor?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help. :)

-Trin
Post edited by TrinityX - Harshlands on

Comments

• Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I'm going to need a herc and nix the problem is although i do spend some money on cashshop items they are really out of my prise range atm so my first question is whats the best (if any) way/place/items to farm to be able to get the cash together ingame?
    Best way is to set up a cat shop which buys low and sells high.
    Next best way is to farm TT and sell the mats, but you're a bit low level for that.
    After that, pretty much any grind spot works. You should strive for making over 100k/hr in drops. Preferably even 150k.

At your level, I would suggest finding something that drops element crystals. I sold out of those quickly on my shop at 7.5k each. I ran out before trying higher prices, so they may sell well for more. Most of the other high-demand DQ items are DQ31 and lower, so you're unlikely to get those as drops with any frequency.
    Also Im wondering what pets are good for pulling
    Herc and kowlin. If you want cheap, a guardian wolf works well.
    and what is a good tank pet against magic?
    Herc and cub. If you want cheap, a guardian wolf works well.
    atm I have the frost antelope which seems to have good magic def and I have a Neolithic wolf which seems to have good speed?.
    I believe the neolithic is just a higher level version of the guardian. So you're pretty much set in terms of free pets. There are some faster level 60-62 pets you can tame inside FB59.
    At lvl 60 what should my stat's look like to wear lvl 60 light armor?
    To wield the best magic weapon for your level, your mag has to be at least 3x your level. So at 60 you need 180 mag. You should always put at least 3 points into mag every level.

To wear light armor, your str and dex need to be your level+4. So at 60 you'd need 64 str and dex. You will need to add 1 str and 1 dex every level to continue to wear light.

That will leave you with just 2 extra stat points (because at level 1, 3x you level is 3 mag, but you start with 5 mag, so you have 2 extra points). That means the max your vit can be is 7.

You can lower these requirements if you have equipment which give stat bonuses. But be aware that stat bonuses on a piece of equipment cannot help you wear/wield that equipment. e.g. If you need 57 dex to wear light armor, and you find a piece which gives +5 dex, you will still need 57 dex to wear it even though once it's equipped your dex will be 62.
    Thanks in advance to anyone that can help. :)
    You're welcome. Here are some periods for you to use in your next post.
    b:chuckle
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Until you encounter a player that's actually intelligent who sees your shop, realizes If you won't even pay your own price, why the hell should I, then puts you on a shop blacklist in their faction so no one ever does any business with your greedy price raising self.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    You can lower these requirements if you have equipment which give stat bonuses. But be aware that stat bonuses on a piece of equipment cannot help you wear/wield that equipment. e.g. If you need 57 dex to wear light armor, and you find a piece which gives +5 dex, you will still need 57 dex to wear it even though once it's equipped your dex will be 62.

If she goes LA, it won't even matter since she will always have enough stat points to wear current level armor. Only HA venos need to juggle +stat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Until you encounter a player that's actually intelligent who sees your shop, realizes If you won't even pay your own price, why the hell should I, then puts you on a shop blacklist in their faction so no one ever does any business with your greedy price raising self.
    Zoe, Zoe, Zoe...

When the Pokemon craze started, I thought they were the stupidest thing. I wouldn't have paid a penny for those cards. A friend of mine felt the same way, but he made a fortune importing and selling the cards. Just because you think something has no or little value does not mean everyone else thinks like you do. It's perfectly legit to sell things for more than you yourself would pay for them (market price is higher than what you value the item). Just like sometimes you'll find you can't sell something for what you yourself think it's worth (market price is lower than what you value the item).

Apparently element crystals are needed for some DQ quests, and they're rare enough that people doing the quests are willing to pay that price when they see it in a shop. I had a batch of almost 100 from doing FB51, and put them on my shop 20 at a time. The first batch at 3500 sold in less than an hour. I gradually ratcheted up the price until I ran out of them at 7500. The market price for them on HT may be even higher.

If people are that desperate for them, then I'd say you're the greedy one for wanting them to be sold for less than market price.
    If she goes LA, it won't even matter since she will always have enough stat points to wear current level armor. Only HA venos need to juggle +stat.
    Right. I was just trying to warn against trying to toss a few more points into vit by getting stuff like armor with +str or +dex bonuses. You need to get stat bonuses on ornaments, hat, and cloak. Or play musical chairs with your ornaments when equipping multiple pieces of armor with stat bonuses.
  • TrinityX - Harshlands
    TrinityX - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Thanks everyone for replying its really helped.

There was one question i forgot to ask last night when i posted, what skills should i have on my golam and sawfly?.