fox form skills

Ryneris - Lost City
Ryneris - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Venomancer
Ok I am relying on all those high-lvl venos who lurk the forums to answer my questions x).

I have a veno, lvl 20, which is so far light armour (don't tell me how arcane is better than light, or light sucks, or whatever since I don't really want to hear it. I know there are pros and cons). I only rolled LA to be able to use the fox tree skills.

When I use fox debuffs like amplify damage, purge, etc. will the effects be lessened if I have an arcane/vit build? Or will they be the same?
I know the attacks will have less effect but I am mainly looking at the debuffs.
Post edited by Ryneris - Lost City on

Comments

• Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    you dont need to be LA to use fox tree skills, mages use them too.
    being an arcane build doesnt affect these buffs at all, why would they be lessened because of your armor, thats a silly conclusion, armors do not affect anything. its the level of the skill that does.

basically arcane vit will have better everything except PDEF, its plenty easy to PVP on an arcane build though if you know what youre doing for taking down tards who attack you :P.
  • Ryneris - Lost City
    Ryneris - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I pretty much thought that the debuffs would have the same effect in both kinds of armour :P it was just that I read a thread (forgot which one) that said otherwise, so I wasn't really sure.

I think LA veno would be more versatile at PvP since they have the extra psy attack edge. Against robe builds they switch to fox and use psy atk, against other armour use arcane. And maybe it would be more convenient, to use fox atk skills after you switch as well as debuff...and the defense is more evened out.

Is there any cons/pros I am missing here? I want a veno build that can survive/deal damage in both PvE and PvP. And have the most choices to adapt to any PvP situation.
  • Angerr - Harshlands
    Angerr - Harshlands Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Against robes you tend to just send in a nix and a bleed + stun with a couple of hits will kill them, unless they are pdef sharded.
  • Nightfaii - Harshlands
    Nightfaii - Harshlands Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I think that befuddling mist and maybe some other curses have a hit rate on them... LA build would affect that hit rate.

I'm almost certain I sometimes miss my mist debuff because of my crappy robe HR. Not positive though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vulpes - Dreamweaver
    Vulpes - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Curses are unaffected by anything armor-related.

Debuff strikes actually have to hit (Leech doesn't, but it's not really a debuff). Since wearing LA means your dex will be higher than an arcane veno, you'd hit your target more often, which means the debuff works more often.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Curses are unaffected by anything armor-related.

Debuff strikes actually have to hit (Leech doesn't, but it's not really a debuff). Since wearing LA means your dex will be higher than an arcane veno, you'd hit your target more often, which means the debuff works more often.

Yeah, I'm a level 91 arcane build with 175 accuracy. I only have even that much since I have +20 dex from my equips.b:surrender

I can actually hit other arcane builds and barbs though!
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • FlappingPix - Heavens Tear
    FlappingPix - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I started out using light armor from the beginning since I figured the added pdef would be more beneficial since I primarily use the foxform skill tree. But really the armor makes little difference compared to just knowing how your skills work and letting your pet tank most of the time. The only downside is for the fox form skill you really have to keep the main damage skills as up-to-date to make sure your damage doesn't lag too far behind making your killing speed on par for the mobs in and around your current level. The repair bills for this type of build can be a pain early on until you are making good money from drops.