About the gold prices ...

Options
Feiric - Harshlands
Feiric - Harshlands Posts: 240 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Dawnglory (EU)
If I'm wrong about the gold buying system at the auction house, call me a noob and ignore me.

The auction house has sections for buying and selling gold, right? People are asking for a lot of coinage for their gold in that section. In my opionion, they're not even worth talking about.

What get's me is the people who put the coins fourth to buy gold at 150-160k. That's not helping, the way I see it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I go there and say I want to sell my gold for ... 120k. It's going to the highest paying customer, right? So it's going to the people offering to pay high prices. I'd still end up selling the gold for 160k. Am I missing a box to check or something?

I want to help this server's gold prices go down. But as long as people are willing to pay high for gold, deflating the gold prices won't happen.
Post edited by Feiric - Harshlands on

Comments

• Teehee - Harshlands
    Teehee - Harshlands Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Guess what, people spent their own REAL LIFE money to buy that gold, and if I'm gonna sell it I'm selling it for however much people are willing to pay for it. You don't have a place in asking for lower prices because you want an easier time freeloading off the game. Gold is always 1 Gold/$1 if you spend even a couple dollars into the game.

Actually I don't even bother selling gold anymore, too many QQ'ers..when I did sell gold I always sold at 1-2k lower than the current lowest selling price. I just grind if I need game coins now. Only reason my bank is empty now is 'cause of the dragon orbs sale...b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Feiric - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Guess what, people spent their own REAL LIFE money to buy that gold, and if I'm gonna sell it I'm selling it for however much people are willing to pay for it. You don't have a place in asking for lower prices because you want an easier time freeloading off the game. Gold is always 1 Gold/$1 if you spend even a couple dollars into the game.

Actually I don't even bother selling gold anymore, too many QQ'ers..when I did sell gold I always sold at 1-2k lower than the current lowest selling price. I just grind if I need game coins now. Only reason my bank is empty now is 'cause of the dragon orbs sale...b:dirty

I respect your opinion, but you're preaching to the choir. However, it seems like you misunderstand what I'm saying. I'm not asking people to stop selling high. I'm saying people are buying too high.

Out of curiosity though, where did you get the bit, "You don't have a place in asking for lower prices ..."
  • Lindt - Harshlands
    Lindt - Harshlands Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

Gold prices here are higher than on other servers, suck it up and deal with it.
  • Feiric - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    Options
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

Gold prices here are higher than on other servers, suck it up and deal with it.

"You can put a bucket over a pig's head, but it'll just make him SKIDDDIIIISSHH!!!!!"
  • Acrelar - Harshlands
    Acrelar - Harshlands Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I'm not asking people to stop selling high. I'm saying people are buying too high.

I didnt buy gold in the AH since my 6x's cause its too costly for me and honestly I can't give you a reason why goldprices are still so high. People must be **** or something to be willing to buy gold at 170k each. Earning 170k ingame takes me more time than earning 1$ working. Screwed up imo, but hey,I don't blame the gold suppliers for the prices. I would try to get as much out of my gold as possible with overpriced TT mats and stuff around either. Its not just the gold that is costly,its everything. Coins are not worth much on the server, gotta wait til everyone hits higher lvls and skills actually cost a million to upgrade, maybe they will be less wasteful with their coins then and everything will start deflating. Repairbills dont seem high enough to cover it alone b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig made by Scarlet
  • Nightfaii - Harshlands
    Nightfaii - Harshlands Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Venos and botters... they have the coins so Harshlands gold price keeps going ^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cl1ckftw
    cl1ckftw Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    none of you actually read his post, he is asking why he cant sell gold for 120k, as when he does this it will just sell it for the highest bidder @ say 170k. he is tryna help the server and 2 of you call him a greedy cun,t? Niiiiice
  • Nike - Harshlands
    Nike - Harshlands Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Basically if you want to bring gold prices down, you'd have to spend quite a bit of your own money to do this. You'd basically have to set up a bunch of sell orders at low prices. But, you'd have to sell enough so that there is a surplus of supply. In otherwords you'd have to be able to satiate the server demand plus some more.
  • Feiric - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Basically if you want to bring gold prices down, you'd have to spend quite a bit of your own money to do this. You'd basically have to set up a bunch of sell orders at low prices. But, you'd have to sell enough so that there is a surplus of supply. In otherwords you'd have to be able to satiate the server demand plus some more.

Yeah, that's the only way I could think of. I was hoping there was a better way to go about it. I'm not rich lol. That would take a big handful of wealthy and generous people.
  • lawlage
    lawlage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Gold prices are so high because of an increased demand for gold due to multiple events. What really kicked it all off was the Oracle event. The GMS do this on purpose. Shi.ttier game economy= more people just buy gold with $$$. Only way prices go down is if people stop buying gold for so much. But that doesnt seem like its gunna happen anytime soon. Also the outrageous number of venos put a surplus of coins in circulation, decreasing its value. All this meshed together with a small server population = high gold prices. If you want to see it go down, make a buy offer at what you want it for. If enuff people follow suit, we might be able to make a change.
  • Starrr - Harshlands
    Starrr - Harshlands Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I didnt buy gold in the AH since my 6x's cause its too costly for me and honestly I can't give you a reason why goldprices are still so high. People must be **** or something to be willing to buy gold at 170k each. Earning 170k ingame takes me more time than earning 1$ working. Screwed up imo, but hey,I don't blame the gold suppliers for the prices. I would try to get as much out of my gold as possible with overpriced TT mats and stuff around either. Its not just the gold that is costly,its everything. Coins are not worth much on the server, gotta wait til everyone hits higher lvls and skills actually cost a million to upgrade, maybe they will be less wasteful with their coins then and everything will start deflating. Repairbills dont seem high enough to cover it alone b:surrender

what kind of crack are you on? mats on this server are a hell of a lot lower than any other server. the 2 biggest failures of this server by the GMs were the oracle event the 2nd week of the server and the battle pet pack sale. between those 2 and the low population of harshlands the server was damaged beyond repair.

the only thing that might have a chance of helping would be doubling the server population. but with the memory leak this game causes now the lag is already unbearable even with a small population. so even though it might help the economy the game would constantly crash and be unplayable for a lot of people. its kind of a catch 22 so basically harshlands is screwed either way.
    Staring at the wall is much more rewarding than playing PW.
  • Kageneko - Harshlands
    Kageneko - Harshlands Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Yeah, that's the only way I could think of. I was hoping there was a better way to go about it. I'm not rich lol. That would take a big handful of wealthy and generous people.

Only way you could achive this is to do same thing most of countries do in case of serious inflation. When inflation occurs they take large sums of reserves and buy highly demanded foreign currency, then sell it back vie exchange office for much lower price. To make it simple at this moment you would have to put between 4000 and 5000 gold monthly on sale for 120k to make it steady there. I doubt any1 is rich enough to do that kind of stunt.
    Working on sig atm, Im missing it due to lack of ideas.
  • Feiric - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Only way you could achive this is to do same thing most of countries do in case of serious inflation. When inflation occurs they take large sums of reserves and buy highly demanded foreign currency, then sell it back vie exchange office for much lower price. To make it simple at this moment you would have to put between 4000 and 5000 gold monthly on sale for 120k to make it steady there. I doubt any1 is rich enough to do that kind of stunt.

That's a lot of money! How about people just stop offering to pay so much? Today I saw WTB prices higher than 170k! I'm conviced that people in this game are smoking crack and my cause is hopeless. Sorry for the lost-cause thread. I should have known better.
  • Saveless - Harshlands
    Saveless - Harshlands Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

iamkiller says he'll volunteer. b:chuckle
  • Ligeia - Harshlands
    Ligeia - Harshlands Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    How about people just stop offering to pay so much?
    Sure thing. I'll just stop buying heiros, dragon orbs and mijis until the people selling gold decide to lower their prices; it's not like I need any of that stuff, anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Bakura~
  • Kageneko - Harshlands
    Kageneko - Harshlands Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    That's a lot of money! How about people just stop offering to pay so much? Today I saw WTB prices higher than 170k! I'm conviced that people in this game are smoking crack and my cause is hopeless. Sorry for the lost-cause thread. I should have known better.

Well at least its a noble cause, but still expecting ppl to just stop buying CS items that give them heck of a lot of ease, just so the gold price can go down is kinda not realistic. True on this server u have to zipp up more, farm more, do more HH, do more fb 69 and 79 mold runs, more buy cheap sell high stuff in order to get some money, and yeah it kick a lot of fun outa game, but still it aint as bad as leaving server for it. Just simply when and if server population goes up the gold price will go down.

Or after another snowman event, lol that knocked down gold price on LC for 15%, and made perma impact on it. b:laugh
    Working on sig atm, Im missing it due to lack of ideas.
  • Feiric - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Sure thing. I'll just stop buying heiros, dragon orbs and mijis until the people selling gold decide to lower their prices; it's not like I need any of that stuff, anyway.

lol Did you read the quote you pulled before you typed this?
  • Ligeia - Harshlands
    Ligeia - Harshlands Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Yeah, I did. My point is that refusing to pay the prices only hurts yourself because then you can't get the stuff you need. Does no one remember when gasoline was nearly $5/gallon in the US?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Bakura~
  • Feiric - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I understand your point about refusing to pay the prices. I guess my idea was just too broad. I figure that if at least most of the people lower their buying price, it'll force gold sellers to give in. Just trying to come up with a solution since everyone's so upset with the gold prices. Oh well. No tranquilizer dart for the big economy animal. Maybe we need to get some of that U.S. stimulous package for PWI lol.