How can i make a farming run??

Options
Erond - Heavens Tear
Erond - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
edited November 2009 in The Crafting Nook
Ive been trying to make a farming run but im breaking my head, ive checked the database for the materials spots but they are a lot and i couldnt plan a good run.
Does anyone know either a good run or an efective way of planning one??
Post edited by Erond - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• CornHilario - Heavens Tear
    CornHilario - Heavens Tear Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Ive been trying to make a farming run but im breaking my head, ive checked the database for the materials spots but they are a lot and i couldnt plan a good run.
    Does anyone know either a good run or an efective way of planning one??

-raises hand-
    i would like to know too. >:|
    One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MS paint ftw. Disclaimer: my suit is actually gray, not black.

♥: The best f♥♥king censor ever. Always remember to show
    love to eachother on the forum even when you are cussing eachother out.
  • Mothra - Lost City
    Mothra - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Well it depends on what mats/herbs you want. Usually the related ones aren't too far from each other.
  • sizion
    sizion Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    There is a mid-mat route by Fangs Town (PW-MY, as that is what I play) farthest south town, black skies etc.

Tele to the bamboo village and fly east of there.

Hard to explain on the forums, would need someone to show you.

If you fly, you'll only have to wait around 30 seconds for them to respawn.
    There is more steel mines in it though, two woods, two powders and some anthracite.

Sorry I don't know the PWI terms. But that is the route I run.
    And also, by WQ vol 28, ALOT of mines in that area. I get around 30 mats when I pass there on WQ.
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Nobody will tell you the routes... unless you follow then.

And Yes I have 2 routes :)
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • erethizon1
    erethizon1 Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Your best bet is to check the map for areas that have the kinds of materials that you want and then go there during a day/time that is not crowded. If you are looking for materials while other people are there farming them there is a good chance you will see few if any materials because other people are grabbing them as soon as they appear. You may have flown by a spawn point a dozen times and never known it because it was always missing. Finding a time without crowds is the most important part of establishing a new route. Even one person farming can make it very hard to find what you need (but even then, if you wait for 10 minutes that person will eventually pass by you on their route and you can then just follow them and memorize their path). After you have their path memorized you just skip slightly ahead of them and wait at the spawn point for the material to appear (or you could be nicer and wait for them to stop farming before you take over their route).
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Why do farming runs when you can grind?
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Why do farming runs when you can grind?

One hour grinding for a barb only makes around 100K.

One Hour farming mats gives 350K if you have a good route.
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    One hour grinding for a barb only makes around 100K.

One Hour farming mats gives 350K if you have a good route.

I think your one hour of farming mats is kinda exaggerated and you overpriced your mats like hell....

Anyhow, one hour of grinding for a level 6x would be the killing of around 110 mobs... Giving you EXP, Spirit, Drops (Sellable loot, DQ drops, some other special stuffz) + the potential to mat farm near you.

Anyhow, one hour of mat farming is horribly nerfed by other people who also want to mat farm with you and you also need a fast mount. First of all, it is impossible (Yea, try to prove me wrong) to make 350k in one hour by just mat farming since if each mat sells for 3k (Like some sell for 2k some sell for 4k, we are talking mid mats rite? Herbs sell for 500 - 800 (mid)).... Then you need to farm over 110 mats or farm for 500 - 700 herbs!!

Ok... so HOW DA HELL do you farm 110 mats or even 500/700 or any combination of the above that makes 350k in one hour? Yea, thx for bull****ting.... Heck, if you take 2 min to farm one mat, you could only farm 30 mats... if mats sell for 3k avg you would make 90k..

Grind makes over 100k... and you only make 90k... Now go back to grinding
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

• Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I dunno, I find mat farming to be an easier way to make money than grinding. It's pretty mindless. Most of the time I just watch TV while doing it which makes it go by a lot faster - lol. When I was farming for my herc I was able to make 1m+ a day, which I couldn't do with grinding. So, imo and from my experience, it's a better source of income than just grinding.

As for making your own route.. I don't see what the problem is, really? Look up the different mats on pwdatabase, and compare their locations. Then just jot down the coords and sort out the ones that are near eachother. That's how I set mine up. When you actually run through it you'll probably find a better order for them, and after awhile it will mostly be by memory.

It can be a pain sometimes when there are other people that have your stops along their way... either try to work something out with them, or wait until a later time. Usually if you're the first one on your route you're good to go for however long you like, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Xenaaah - Heavens Tear
    Xenaaah - Heavens Tear Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I make anywhere from 100k-300k off of 4 hours of farming. That's low lvl mats too. Sometimes I'll throw in some DQ, stuff I made, sell celestones and make a little extra. I haven't figured where to farm in Archo yet cuz if I did I'm sure I would make more money.
  • erethizon1
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I think your one hour of farming mats is kinda exaggerated and you overpriced your mats like hell....

Anyhow, one hour of grinding for a level 6x would be the killing of around 110 mobs... Giving you EXP, Spirit, Drops (Sellable loot, DQ drops, some other special stuffz) + the potential to mat farm near you.

Anyhow, one hour of mat farming is horribly nerfed by other people who also want to mat farm with you and you also need a fast mount. First of all, it is impossible (Yea, try to prove me wrong) to make 350k in one hour by just mat farming since if each mat sells for 3k (Like some sell for 2k some sell for 4k, we are talking mid mats rite? Herbs sell for 500 - 800 (mid)).... Then you need to farm over 110 mats or farm for 500 - 700 herbs!!

Ok... so HOW DA HELL do you farm 110 mats or even 500/700 or any combination of the above that makes 350k in one hour? Yea, thx for bull****ting.... Heck, if you take 2 min to farm one mat, you could only farm 30 mats... if mats sell for 3k avg you would make 90k..

You just made the perfect case for why the mat prices you listed are way too low. I always find it interesting when people tell me my mats are priced too high and then go on to say that I would be better off grinding creatures to make money. Here is the thing, since farming mats does not give you experience, spirit, and drops (and possibly even reputation if you are doing one-man army while you grind) farming should pay significantly more than grinding does. You should be monetarily compensated for the fact that you are gaining almost no experience and spirit. Luckily people still do buy so-called "overpriced" mats from my cat shop so that I can indeed make 350k in one hour.

I swear, the people that do not think it is worth the time to farm mats expect them to be sold at prices so low that it would indeed not be worth the time to farm them. Fortunately not all players undervalue mats so much. Still, I am amazed at all the cat shops I see with cheap mats in them (especially herbs). Those people seriously need to read your post and realize that if they are going to sell the mats at such low prices they may as well stop farming mats and start grinding during that time instead. Leave the mat selling to people that actually charge enough to make it worth our while.
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    erethizon1 wrote: »
    You just made the perfect case for why the mat prices you listed are way too low. I always find it interesting when people tell me my mats are priced too high and then go on to say that I would be better off grinding creatures to make money. Here is the thing, since farming mats does not give you experience, spirit, and drops (and possibly even reputation if you are doing one-man army while you grind) farming should pay significantly more than grinding does. You should be monetarily compensated for the fact that you are gaining almost no experience and spirit. Luckily people still do buy so-called "overpriced" mats from my cat shop so that I can indeed make 350k in one hour.

I swear, the people that do not think it is worth the time to farm mats expect them to be sold at prices so low that it would indeed not be worth the time to farm them. Fortunately not all players undervalue mats so much. Still, I am amazed at all the cat shops I see with cheap mats in them (especially herbs). Those people seriously need to read your post and realize that if they are going to sell the mats at such low prices they may as well stop farming mats and start grinding during that time instead. Leave the mat selling to people that actually charge enough to make it worth our while.

I never think mat-farming was intended to be a primary source of income. It was meant to supplement your primary source of income (Grinding, TT, other stuffz). When I grind, I usually am near resources spawns and I just simply grind + somewhat mat farm!

Why do you think the resource nodes are near monster spawns? Yea, they just want to give mat farmers a harder time? NO!! They want you to mat farm while you grind of course!

Seriously, pure mat-farming is seriously overrated as a good source of income. I hope you all waste your time mat farming so I get more mobs to kill. Have fun mat farming b:victory

• Xenaaah - Heavens Tear
    Xenaaah - Heavens Tear Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I never think mat-farming was intended to be a primary source of income. It was meant to supplement your primary source of income (Grinding, TT, other stuffz). When I grind, I usually am near resources spawns and I just simply grind + somewhat mat farm!

Why do you think the resource nodes are near monster spawns? Yea, they just want to give mat farmers a harder time? NO!! They want you to mat farm while you grind of course!

Seriously, pure mat-farming is seriously overrated as a good source of income. I hope you all waste your time mat farming so I get more mobs to kill. Have fun mat farming b:victory

Works for me Pal. It bugs you, oh well. I play my way. You play your way.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    That's actually false. It's nothing more than a crass justification to price matts really high, and probably more than they are actually worth.

You really should stop trying to justify it that way and simply say "I'm going to price matts at whatever I want because I want to make as much ripping people off as possible."

At least be honest with everyone else as to what your true motivations are.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • erethizon1
    edited June 2009
    Options
    That's actually false. It's nothing more than a crass justification to price matts really high, and probably more than they are actually worth.

You really should stop trying to justify it that way and simply say "I'm going to price matts at whatever I want because I want to make as much ripping people off as possible."

At least be honest with everyone else as to what your true motivations are.

Are you kidding? It works just like a job. For you to be willing to work for an hour you need a certain amount of reward. If the reward is not large enough you simply will not bother doing the work (it will not be worth your time). If you can get experience, spirit, and 90k in drops from farming monsters then the only reason you would farm mats for an hour for 100k is if you think that 10k is of greater value than the experience and spirit you would have gotten otherwise. I do not. I need significantly more money in order to justify getting less experience and spirit. And I am not alone. The people that buy from me also feel that experience and spirit is worth much more than money which is why they buy mats from my cat shop rather than going out and farming them themselves. My mats are not overpriced at all. They are priced at what I feel my time is worth and are bought by people that value their grinding time even more than I do. I never rip anyone off because the only people that buy from me are the people that feel it is worth the price. Only people that feel my mats are priced to high would be "ripped off" and they do not buy from me.

Someone that thinks mowing a lawn is only worth $5 would feel ripped off if I tried to charge them $10. Someone that would rather pay $20 than mow their own lawn thinks my charging them $10 is a great deal. Obviously, I am only going to offer my lawn moving services to people that feel that $10 is a fair price or a great deal. People that think it is a rip off do not take me up on the service (and thus do not get ripped off).

Practically from day one I have been amazed at how undervalued mats are by so many of the players. If you assume that 1 gold is worth 100k and use that conversion to look at what the cash shop charges for mats I am actually selling my mats at a big discount. But there are some people that will take a mat that sells for 6k from the cash shop and say it is a rip off at 3k. I suppose it is to them, but I would rather have the mat than just 3k so I am not willing to sell it for such a small amount of money. My customers are people that value mats as much if not more than I do.

And it works both ways. I do not value weapons and armor very much at all. I only buy really cheap weapons and armor and sell the weapons and armors I find for low prices as well. I do not assume that all those players are trying to rip me off when they sell weapons and armor for high prices. The only problem is that they value the item more than I do and they are looking for customers that value the item as much if not more than they do. Thus I do not buy from them. I buy from the people that just want to get rid of the item (and I sell accordingly, because when I am done with it I just want to get rid of it too).
  • taz860
    taz860 Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    there are 2 good routs, u can farm there just in time all day long.
    but player will pk u after some time couz they they have no chance to get any mats.
    they just pop up in front of u, and ur ready to fram em ^^ works good :P

but best way to make money is solo HH runs :) if ur a veno :P
  • Lunnark - Sanctuary
    Lunnark - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    erethizon1 stop wasting you mother and father's money on electricity bill by leaving your PC on 24/7 just so you can catshop and hustle a few damn mats!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • erethizon1
    edited June 2009
    Options
    erethizon1 stop wasting you mother and father's money on electricity bill by leaving your PC on 24/7 just so you can catshop and hustle a few damn mats!

I am wasting my own money actually. I have a cat shop account that I run 24/7 on my desktop computer. When I want to play PWI I play it on my laptop on my main account.
  • jakeeboy101
    jakeeboy101 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Seriously Lunmark, your being pathetic saying erethizons views are wrong, its their opinion, not yours. Now stop trolling and give advice about good farms, not argue about how to make money from mats or mobs :P

Hooray! First post is constructive!
  • exileddw
    exileddw Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Actually it's not hard to make alot farming mid mats/selling subs... 3-4 hours = 1+ mil for me b:chuckle
  • XFIienx - Heavens Tear
    XFIienx - Heavens Tear Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    exileddw wrote: »
    Actually it's not hard to make alot farming mid mats/selling subs... 3-4 hours = 1+ mil for me b:chuckle

True, when I got my full mid-mats run I can manage to mine 20 - 25 mats each run (so each 10minutes.) It is 20 when all of them give 1 mat, and up to 25 is some give 2.
    Meaning, mining a little less than 1 Usubs every 10 minutes.
    Meaning, 5subs each hour, and a bit more mats left (so almost 6 subs).
    Meaning, more than 350K each hour if you convert them to subs and sell them 75K ea.
    Meaning, more that millions if you use them for own purpuse: TT

Meaning: thank u all for crying and going grinding, so I can keep doing my mats run without getting dusturbed.b:victory
    ~ Yesterday is history, Today is a gift, Tomorrow is mystery ~
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

Ignorance is bliss, isn't it?

yeah I can confirm too, 350k in 1h of mats/herbs grind is very very doable. High mats at 3-3.5k and mid at 2.5 for sale. I don't care what your math is, I'm doing it for a while and I'm selling everything I gather like there's no tomorrow. Beside, I only sell mats, I use herbs for apoth potions for TW.
    Yeah, you can grind in that hour obviously, but the cash return will be like 200k maybe? That without considering at least the MP charm that's used (k, pots too). Farming mats is free money, beside u can lvl your crafting skills. Invest in cheap molds, manufacture, sell for a lot- another way to make loads of cash.

this game ain't just a mindless "grind grind grind grind / fb / grind grind / fb / fb / grind" stuff. Can be fun to. Dreamweaver starts slowly to have an economy moving and that's really nice, adds another dimension to the game.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShowMeDaMone - Sanctuary
    ShowMeDaMone - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I find farming the mats takes too long for me. Instead I buy low and sell higher, not much higher normally.

no time at all farming
    +
    20 minutes browsing the auction house
    =
    400k per day

I'm one of those underpriced sellers. make less per item but they sell a whole lot faster. Allowing me to go buy more sooner to restock my catshop.
  • XFIienx - Heavens Tear
    XFIienx - Heavens Tear Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I find farming the mats takes too long for me. Instead I buy low and sell higher, not much higher normally.

no time at all farming
    +
    20 minutes browsing the auction house
    =
    400k per day

I'm one of those underpriced sellers. make less per item but they sell a whole lot faster. Allowing me to go buy more sooner to restock my catshop.

Merchanting FTW
    It takes a lot of knowledge before u can start doing that, but when u find the lucrative spots in your server's economy.. then it's like: CASH FLOW!b:laugh
    but that's a bit off topic now b:chuckle
    ~ Yesterday is history, Today is a gift, Tomorrow is mystery ~
  • King_Wang - Heavens Tear
    King_Wang - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I know where a few good route are but ill never tell b:laugh lol u can make alot of money per day collectin materials just look on the data base plan a route thats what i did or go to different towns and watch for ppl collecting materials and follow them around till u c a good route lol if u wanna be that sneaky but ne way farming is a great way to make bread just got to know where to get the mats
  • Weild - Sanctuary
    Weild - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I get that the sale of items and economy is very important but can one or two people answer the question about farming runs?
  • Lady_marta - Dreamweaver
    Lady_marta - Dreamweaver Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I get that the sale of items and economy is very important but can one or two people answer the question about farming runs?

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/search_item

Search for the mats that you want and use the locations provided to create your own.
    God of healing, bless those that stand before you...
    Grant me the righteous power to banish evil!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mooman321
    mooman321 Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I farm mats to make ultimate subs. Here's how i came up with my "route"

Go pwidatabase, print out the maps of where all the lumber, rubstone, steel, and fine coal are as well as the list of coords they give you. the map is the "zoomed out" version so not that helpful.

Print out a detailed map of pw on four sheets of paper and tape together.

Start visiting coords and when you u find a map mark it on your map.

I don't waste time typing coords, just check the map for the next closest mat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wickedichigo
    wickedichigo Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Wow you are really selling yourself short. You make farming sound like working at McDonalds flipping burgers... or mowing lawns lol. If you're gonna "farm" mats, might as well make some spirit and exp off it. Skills cost spirit as well as money. You can also use spirit/exp to level genies which can also be sold for alot of money. Not to mention DQ items which sell for ****load. There are also other mats out there besides the ones you dig up. You should expand your "business" beyond simple mats. Maybe rare TT items which sell anywhere from 500k to 1mil and beyond. Unless you are making real money off this game, I see no reason why you should be spending so much time and effort on a singular goal rather than having fun, as well as on an unnecessarily overpriced electric bill.

Are you kidding? It works just like a job. For you to be willing to work for an hour you need a certain amount of reward. If the reward is not large enough you simply will not bother doing the work (it will not be worth your time). If you can get experience, spirit, and 90k in drops from farming monsters then the only reason you would farm mats for an hour for 100k is if you think that 10k is of greater value than the experience and spirit you would have gotten otherwise. I do not. I need significantly more money in order to justify getting less experience and spirit. And I am not alone. The people that buy from me also feel that experience and spirit is worth much more than money which is why they buy mats from my cat shop rather than going out and farming them themselves. My mats are not overpriced at all. They are priced at what I feel my time is worth and are bought by people that value their grinding time even more than I do. I never rip anyone off because the only people that buy from me are the people that feel it is worth the price. Only people that feel my mats are priced to high would be "ripped off" and they do not buy from me.

Someone that thinks mowing a lawn is only worth $5 would feel ripped off if I tried to charge them $10. Someone that would rather pay $20 than mow their own lawn thinks my charging them $10 is a great deal. Obviously, I am only going to offer my lawn moving services to people that feel that $10 is a fair price or a great deal. People that think it is a rip off do not take me up on the service (and thus do not get ripped off).

Practically from day one I have been amazed at how undervalued mats are by so many of the players. If you assume that 1 gold is worth 100k and use that conversion to look at what the cash shop charges for mats I am actually selling my mats at a big discount. But there are some people that will take a mat that sells for 6k from the cash shop and say it is a rip off at 3k. I suppose it is to them, but I would rather have the mat than just 3k so I am not willing to sell it for such a small amount of money. My customers are people that value mats as much if not more than I do.

And it works both ways. I do not value weapons and armor very much at all. I only buy really cheap weapons and armor and sell the weapons and armors I find for low prices as well. I do not assume that all those players are trying to rip me off when they sell weapons and armor for high prices. The only problem is that they value the item more than I do and they are looking for customers that value the item as much if not more than they do. Thus I do not buy from them. I buy from the people that just want to get rid of the item (and I sell accordingly, because when I am done with it I just want to get rid of it too).
  • King_Wang - Heavens Tear
    King_Wang - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Hey you can make 2 mill a day in just a few hours in Dreamweaver man thiers a good route thier with over 40 mines to dig in one run mids and highs ill tell u this cause their everyones mats not mine i have the route down so well if and when i want i can come take it over the only problem u will have is other ppl just keep on ur path and dont let up!!hahah myabe u will see what im talking about when you finally find all those materials btw the mats take 10 minutes to respawn but the route is set up so well that it will spawn the second u get back to it and btw ur welcome!
This discussion has been closed.