Character Deletion Suggestions

MysticalZero - Sanctuary
MysticalZero - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Suggestion Box
I believe a week is simply too long to wait to make a new character. I do understand it's for security measures against hackers and to help those that are indecisive about deleting or not. However I believe 3 days is enough time to figure out if you've been **** or willing to delete your character. Also for those who want some more time to think, but don't want to increase it by a whole another 3 days I suggest an time extension option that can increase the time bar by desired amount of time.
Post edited by MysticalZero - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Ihazacute - Sanctuary
    Ihazacute - Sanctuary Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I believe a year is simply too long to wait to make a new character.

b:shockedb:shockedb:shockedb:shocked

Methinks you mean...week?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • MysticalZero - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    b:shockedb:shockedb:shockedb:shocked

Methinks you mean...week?

Edited, thanks, pulled an all nighter today XD
  • vagrant0
    vagrant0 Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The waiting period is also there to prevent exploits, like for instance with certain events that give every character something once. Or, for less practical things, like making a new character, doing the quests and selling everything off for 10k to give to a main (you'd be surprised how some people are (there are afterall bots which are still farming level 1 areas for 8k an hour)).

That week wait is for their protection and yours.
  • MysticalZero - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    I do understand it's for security measures against hackers and to help those that are indecisive about deleting or not. However I believe 3 days is enough time to figure out if you've been **** or willing to delete your character.
    vagrant0 wrote: »
    The waiting period is also there to prevent exploits, like for instance with certain events that give every character something once. Or, for less practical things, like making a new character, doing the quests and selling everything off for 10k to give to a main (you'd be surprised how some people are (there are afterall bots which are still farming level 1 areas for 8k an hour)).

That week wait is for their protection and yours.

please read before shooting this down
  • vagrant0
    vagrant0 Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    please read before shooting this down

I did... 3 days is too short of time since those events usually last a week or so. Back during halloween and christmas, there were people who were making characters just to pick up more free items. Allowing them to do that every 3 days would be exploiting that event so that they can have more of those items than anyone else.

7 days is about the same length of time as other MMOs (L2), for pretty much the same reason.

And as far as hacking goes, I'm not sure if you've noticed, but it can often take longer than a day or two to have these investigated. So, having that 7 days to investigate before the character is deleted allows you enough time to realize you've been ****, and allows them the time they need to investigate it.