What is this bannable "griefing"?

Options
Rinnve - Lost City
Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
edited June 2009 in General Discussion
Recently i've noticed that players can be banned for something called "griefing". Some examples are luring aoe bosses into safezone and pay-for-pass pk parties in Secret Passage.

But i don't get the difference between this "griefing" and permitted pk/pvp. When one lures aoe boss and kills newbies, they lose exp and it is griefing, it seems. When i get attacked while fighting mob, and lose exp, is it griefing?
Pk block in SP is griefing, it seems, but is it such a block in Heaven's Tear?
Does pkilling full-buffed player counts as griefing? Or when someone uses exp scroll? Or while zhenning? In general, must i ask permission to pk on pvp server? b:puzzled
--
PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
Post edited by Rinnve - Lost City on

Comments

• Kurovanova - Harshlands
    Kurovanova - Harshlands Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Bannable griefing is when a player much, much higher than the victim kills the same player over and over and over and... ...(3 days later) and over again, to prevent him from lvling up, doing quests, getting money. The victim has absolutly no chance against the attacker and the attacker kills and stalks the same victim for hours each day. Secret Passage is such a place. At lvl 29 all players must pass thru there and high lvls camp that place to make sure they dont do their FB29 when they get bored. I had been griefed on other chars but thats something that comes with the server choice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Heavy veno in training!b:cute
    I need a Herc so bad...b:cry
    Elves are cute.b:dirty
    This is the last bear--->b:bye
    edited June 2009
    Options
    And anyone can get griefed so be careful who is around you.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I don't understand. There are many other places to level, there is a teleport to FB29, and fb29 quest is not needed to level, it is not a cultivation quest. There is no way to prevent someone from leveling or getting money. Questing... well, HT campers annoyed me much more but i don't remember anyone banned for camping HT npcs. Getting pkd in SP or killed by boss aoe annoys me no more than any other pk, so i still don't get the difference.
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Luring aoe bosses is bannable like when in the early days of lost city someone lured chin to west arch and killed all the catshops or repeatedly to anglers village. Why should it be its just like any mob u say? Well it is a lot different then dying to just a mob since the player did not engage or wander into agro range and the offending player is using something to bypass safezones to impede/ruin another players experience at least thats what i remember GM's saying over worldchat. PK is something i've never really experience as to what griefing is even when i was in GuardianZ and BLT kos it never really stoped me from doing anything.
    edited June 2009
    Options
    well sometimes it gets real annoing. On another version that im not allowed to mention *cough EN-MY cough* our high lvls in the guild left and the enemy factions of their new faction KoSd us. Now when you have the 2 most powerful guilds (all 95+) KoSing and camping near teleporters on every city before lvl 40 "teaching us a lesson, hah ha ha F...ing noobs", us being lvl35 at most u wont be able to do very much when they are everywhere, they have faster mounts, and they can 1 shoot you. Its very easy to find the coords of a person if u ask for it in WC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    BASICALLY the act of willingly trying to prevent someone from enjoying the game is called 'griefing.'

killing someone over and over is not.

luring bosses to towns to kill people is.

killing a veno to prevent them from taming a rare pet is not

killing them on sight for prevention of a rare pet is.

luring world bosses to SZ to avoid being PKed and having it taken is.

among many other things.
  • erethizon1
    erethizon1 Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    BASICALLY the act of willingly trying to prevent someone from enjoying the game is called 'griefing.'

killing someone over and over is not.

luring bosses to towns to kill people is.

killing a veno to prevent them from taming a rare pet is not

killing them on sight for prevention of a rare pet is.

luring world bosses to SZ to avoid being PKed and having it taken is.

among many other things.

Well, technically, by the definition that you give, all of those are griefing, but you are right that not all of those are against the rules.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    thats because the rule is ambigious and open to interpretation by any member of the staff of PWE. its like the constitution, which provides many pains in our arses dailybecause of different views on it.
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I find it amusing to find out that pvp server have these rules, after being called a carebear and having so much scorn directed at pve players on these forums.

Who's the carebear?
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    in all the time ive been in this game, ive never seen anyone get permanently banned for griefing/bosspulling/massmurder. all they get, at best, is a slap on the wrist. when i first started, the GMs were really on top of things: monintoring WC for filthy language/topics, banning them for the day for that even. now? no one cares, everyone gets away with breaking the TOS constantly.

we need more GMs, who are *well versed* in the TOS, and have the guts to ban, and make it stick. otherwise, filthy minded, infantile children and so called adults fill WC and guild chat with dirt, PKer harass and folks who come here to enjoy this beautiful game are driven off because it turns into anarchy

Recently i've noticed that players can be banned for something called "griefing". Some examples are luring aoe bosses into safezone and pay-for-pass pk parties in Secret Passage.

But i don't get the difference between this "griefing" and permitted pk/pvp. When one lures aoe boss and kills newbies, they lose exp and it is griefing, it seems. When i get attacked while fighting mob, and lose exp, is it griefing?
    Pk block in SP is griefing, it seems, but is it such a block in Heaven's Tear?
    Does pkilling full-buffed player counts as griefing? Or when someone uses exp scroll? Or while zhenning? In general, must i ask permission to pk on pvp server? b:puzzled
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart