Refined Solarslayer to use until lvl 80?

Options
Death - Harshlands
Death - Harshlands Posts: 139 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Archer
With the sale of dragon orbs tonight, along with the fact that I got a Solarslayer mold relatively cheap on AH, and the fact I farmed all the mats, crafted 2 sockets... I'm really inclined to +5 or +6 this thing and bind it and be done with it. Yes, I already have Swiftwind for decomposing, but the HH70 weapons don't seem like they'd be that much better than a refined solarslayer.

I do plan on mostly PvP after I hit 61, so I won't be leveling so hard.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

edit: Oh, would I be better served not binding it then just upgrading to a wind & clouds?
Post edited by Death - Harshlands on

Comments

• Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Wind and the Clouds for grinding is best, for 70s. If you get it to +5 and 2-sharded, it can service well for 80s, too.
  • Death - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Well I went and +5'd it...

+5 Solarslayer is 580-1200 + 64 +50= for a total of 694-1314

Unrefined Thundercrack is 524-1222+ 139 = 663-1361

Plus I have the random ability to add slow and +hp which is always a bonus, but at a loss of dexterity... hmm... I think that just might hold me off until HH80.
  • Thc - Harshlands
    Thc - Harshlands Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Swiftwind crossbow - gold sling - gold hh80
  • Death - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    Options
    If this were my main I'd probably do that for a better long term path, but after I hit 61 I plan on rpk'ing my way onto the leaderboard (wishful thinking perhaps) and won't be so concerned with leveling, so having dmg comparable to a TT70 xbow is my best short term option to quick kills.