Learning skills

whitelioness
whitelioness Posts: 1 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Being a fresh newbie, I could do with some help in-game. I can't really figure out what exactly has to be done to learn skills. I think I've found the right NPC's (Venomancer Mei <> Pet skill trainer?) and I've been rewarded with a pet revival/pet healing book for some quest, though nevertheless I'm not sure how exactly to use them.
Whenever I click on one of either NPC's to learn a skill, I get an empty list with the instruction 'click on the skill you wish to learn'. I thought dragging icons from the skill tree to an empty box or the books from my inventory would do, but that doesn't seem to be the case. But what is?
(Additional information: my character's a venomancer, lv. 3 at the moment.)

Thanks in advance <3
Post edited by whitelioness on

Comments

• Wolfgang - Dreamweaver
    Wolfgang - Dreamweaver Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Here's a link for other quests later: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=36221

What you need to do with the current quest is to talk to the pet skills trainer lady and check all of the options, one of them will have the pet skill and require a book. Just keep looking and you should find it. I don't remember the name of the option, so try them all....
  • U_got_sniped - Lost City
    U_got_sniped - Lost City Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    for the pet books got to quest related or learn pet skill at pet skill trainer and get whatever thats available.
    as for the other veno skills you gotta wait till a certain lvl to get a certain skill.you can see your skills by pressing r then click on skills.
  • Woppie - Dreamweaver
    Woppie - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Alright then, I've found it! Thanks!
    Apparently it was not the 'learn pet skill' button, but the 'tame pet' one lower in the list that went to the right skill list. Kinda confuzzling.
    (Edit: The OP and me are the same person)
  • Elricaen - Sanctuary
    Elricaen - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Alright then, I've found it! Thanks!
    Apparently it was not the 'learn pet skill' button, but the 'tame pet' one lower in the list that went to the right skill list. Kinda confuzzling.
    (Edit: The OP and me are the same person)

Yep, you talk to the Venomancer trainer for any of the skills or your main character, the Pet Skills trainer under "Tame Pet" for any skills that interact with your pet (i.e. Heal Pet, Rez Pet, etc.), and "Learn Pet Skills" to teach your pet itself new skills.
    - Elric {RIVAL}

Elricaen (Venomancer)
    Elricaeus (Cleric)
    Elricage (Archer)