Question about ZEN...

joeygambin0
joeygambin0 Posts: 3 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
and I'm sure it's obvious somewhere, but I can't figure it out.

Before I go purchasing ZEN with my hard-earned real-life money, what exactly does 1000 ZEN translate into as far as in-game COINS go?

This site says 1000 ZEN is equal to 10 gold, and I can buy it for $10... so what's a gold?

One gold surely can't equal one coin... I'm not going to spend ten bucks on ten coins... and you people with millions of coins certainly aren't real life billionaires and you figure this is the best way to spend your cash.
Post edited by joeygambin0 on

Comments

• Esteban - Harshlands
    Esteban - Harshlands Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The gold would be the cash shop currency (you buy cash shop items with gold)
    If you want to make 1 gold into the Game currency you would have to do it by selling your gold in the Auction House

Depending on the server 1 gold= 100k-170k
    in most of the old servers (HT,Sanct, and LC) gold is like 100k-120k
    on the newer servers(harshlands, dreamweavier) its like 150k-170k if not even more.
  • shnuggles
    shnuggles Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The gold would be the cash shop currency (you buy cash shop items with gold)
    If you want to make 1 gold into the Game currency you would have to do it by selling your gold in the Auction House

Depending on the server 1 gold= 100k-170k
    in most of the old servers (HT,Sanct, and LC) gold is like 100k-120k
    on the newer servers(harshlands, dreamweavier) its like 150k-170k if not even more.

Could not have said it better myself. The ZEN to coins ratio is all server dependent. This is because each server's economy is different and the player's themselves will set the price for selling their ZEN. For pretty much all servers in PWI, you can net at least 1 million coins on $10 worth of ZEN.
    -Your friendly neighborhood Shnuggs-
    [PWE Billing]
    Perfect World Entertainment Customer Support System

"Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error."
    -Andrew Jackson

Shnuggles [Shh-nugg-ulls]
    -proper noun
    1. He who turns negativity into giddiness.
    2. Has an IRL cat that plays fetch b:victory
  • joeygambin0
    joeygambin0 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    awesome, thanks a lot guys! now it sounds worth it!
  • CandyCaneNJ - Dreamweaver
    CandyCaneNJ - Dreamweaver Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Newbie since yesterday and I had no idea about the ratio thing so now it makes sense! I might actually spend $10 to get over a million in game coins on the dreamweaver server. Good deal!

I'm level 2 still and have no idea what to buy or if I can buy a mount at this level lol. Please someone pm me? thank you!
  • Sumerisle - Dreamweaver
    Sumerisle - Dreamweaver Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Check the boutique in-game for mounts. The level requirements are all listed there, along with their prices in gold.
    Believe, level 2 Dreamweaver faction recruiting all classes. PM me in-game or drop me a message for more info!