Enrage

MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Etherblade (West)
So looking back over the past few months since Enrage's creation,what do HT players,nay,the HT territory war particapants think about Enrage now?

I remember i posted a while back that one day most of you would come to thank Enrage for breaking the stanglehold one faction had over the TW map and injecting some much needed excitement into the proceedings,so after all the tears and hand wringing and fears and mudslinging have you all accepted they have been good for the server?

Also what does the future hold now?Will Enrage(and lets face it they have done this)hold back and continue to allow factions to grow and fight over a lot more land and not pursue vendettas against anyone that attacks them?Or.........

I hold no illusions,i don't see that i had much,if anything to do with everything thats happened nor think i'm important in any way,but i am interested in how people see them now and what YOU think the future holds.

Also i'm slightly intoxicated,bored,and fancied getting my post count up with something other than an insult b:surrender
Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
Post edited by MentalEdge - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    So looking back over the past few months since Enrage's creation,what do HT players,nay,the HT territory war particapants think about Enrage now?

I remember i posted a while back that one day most of you would come to thank Enrage for breaking the stanglehold one faction had over the TW map and injecting some much needed excitement into the proceedings,so after all the tears and hand wringing and fears and mudslinging have you all accepted they have been good for the server?

Also what does the future hold now?Will Enrage(and lets face it they have done this)hold back and continue to allow factions to grow and fight over a lot more land and not pursue vendettas against anyone that attacks them?Or.........

I hold no illusions,i don't see that i had much,if anything to do with everything thats happened nor think i'm important in any way,but i am interested in how people see them now and what YOU think the future holds.

Also i'm slightly intoxicated,bored,and fancied getting my post count up with something other than an insult b:surrender

I heard Enrage lost about 40 ppl due to TW Roster assignments about an hour ago.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I think they came about at the right time to spice things up a little. As a member of Radiance until just over a month ago I saw first hand what they could do in TW. The battle of Archo was a real wake up call and showed just how complacent we'd become in Radiance. Nigh on 2 months of conga-line TWs was enough to do that to a guild. I the 8 catapult part was a bolt out of the blue. The lvl 3 TW that followed was probably the straw that broke the resolve of most Radiance members. QQ and all but I think we should have done better and I had my money on a 3hr slog to victory by time.

But out of the ashes of Radiance 3 new guilds emerged, Tao, Caesar and Memories. Tao and Caesar are guilds to watch out for, Memories on the other hand is just that.
    I like pie
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I think they came about at the right time to spice things up a little. As a member of Radiance until just over a month ago I saw first hand what they could do in TW. The battle of Archo was a real wake up call and showed just how complacent we'd become in Radiance. Nigh on 2 months of conga-line TWs was enough to do that to a guild. I the 8 catapult part was a bolt out of the blue. The lvl 3 TW that followed was probably the straw that broke the resolve of most Radiance members. QQ and all but I think we should have done better and I had my money on a 3hr slog to victory by time.

But out of the ashes of Radiance 3 new guilds emerged, Tao, Caesar and Memories. Tao and Caesar are guilds to watch out for, Memories on the other hand is just that.

If I may interject, Sir Ty...but Memories did have a good run. However, I will say this. We were unable to get a foothold in the TW game, and due to personal reasons, our Leader quit and left (completely understandable, as RL beats PWI every time in my book). Many of our higher-ups followed with him, some for similar reasons, others because their friends left.

Eventually, the Leader position was swapped back and forth between various members...and now, it's landed in my lap. I've sworn to my fellow comrades that I'll be doing my best to balance Real Life Issues and the Faction, and right now, it's going great.

Don't expect us to be entering a TW soon, as we still need more firepower and time to heal and rebuild. But don't count us dead just yet. ~.^ We've yet to truly...PUT OUR GUNZ ON!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Sorry no slight on Memories b:surrender, it was meant to be more poetic than a flame.
    I like pie
  • Nakroz - Dreamweaver
    Nakroz - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Err... Enrage did not break "the stanglehold one faction had over the TW map". Radiance imploded thats what happened.

Radiance beat RoC, RoC leader quit and so their member re-badged and called Enrage. Another words Radiance would still beat Enrage, since at that time Enrage was pretty much still RoC members.

Radiance imploded cos members got bored and their leaders did not listen. Some of them left and joined Enrage strengtening them.

So if you want to thank anyone, you should be thanking Radiance core group for not bunching up in pretty much the same guild, instead they split up into different guilds, to make a much more interesting TW map.

Also what do you mean by Enrage holding back? If they are holding back.... then they will be attacking every second week, instead of getting land every single week like what Radiance did. So don't make them like they are good or anything... if anything they are as bad as Radiance, trying to gain land every opportunity they get.

And also dont post while intoxicated you are not thinking straight :P
    edited June 2009
    No worries, Ty. Just didn't want us to be seen as some Faction that tried to TW, lost, and just gave up. We'll be back later on, don't worry...eventually, we'll get our chance to get on stage with you guys again. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
    edited June 2009
    Err... Enrage did not break "the stanglehold one faction had over the TW map". Radiance imploded thats what happened.

Radiance beat RoC, RoC leader quit and so their member re-badged and called Enrage. Another words Radiance would still beat Enrage, since at that time Enrage was pretty much still RoC members.

Radiance imploded cos members got bored and their leaders did not listen. Some of them left and joined Enrage strengtening them.

So if you want to thank anyone, you should be thanking Radiance core group for not bunching up in pretty much the same guild, instead they split up into different guilds, to make a much more interesting TW map.

Also what do you mean by Enrage holding back? If they are holding back.... then they will be attacking every second week, instead of getting land every single week like what Radiance did. So don't make them like they are good or anything... if anything they are as bad as Radiance, trying to gain land every opportunity they get.

And also dont post while intoxicated you are not thinking straight :P

Enrage was puttin it to Radiance long before they imploded. Not holding back? I don't think it has been Enrage picking the small factions off the map each time they get on the map.

Radiance and Evo have had plenty of weeks to get their factions in order. Only improvement I have seen has been on Evo's part.

Less QQ.

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    Less ಥ_ಥ.
    Fixed. ^_^v
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Sonnestark - Heavens Tear
    Sonnestark - Heavens Tear Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Enrage was puttin it to Radiance long before they imploded. Not holding back? I don't think it has been Enrage picking the small factions off the map each time they get on the map.

Radiance and Evo have had plenty of weeks to get their factions in order. Only improvement I have seen has been on Evo's part.

Less QQ.

Enrage absorbed a significant number of the TW core of Radiance before they ever first challenged them.
    Men should be either treated generously or destroyed, because they take revenge for slight injuries - for heavy ones they cannot.
  • Nakroz - Dreamweaver
    Nakroz - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2009

Less QQ.

Enrage was puttin it to Radiance long before they imploded???
    Are you sure? I am pretty sure they started their attacks on Evolution, and enrage were full aware that Radiance were the stronger of the 2...they avoided attacking Radiance cos they needed "time" to generate income. Or was the excuse to regroup?! Pfft all excuses to me. Tell me what other lame excuse you can list.

And I reckon if Enrage had attacked Radiance at that time Radiance members would not have split up, cos they won't be bored.
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    The way i saw it,Enrage gave those members of Rad who first were getting fed up somewhere to go,i have no idea if those core Rad members would have made a new faction or just stayed in Radiance had Enrage not been there...but even so when those first members moved into Enrage,Radiance were still very strong and could hold off anyone except maybe Enrage,but i guess the losses which came soon after (which a lot weren't used too) chipped away at more of Rads members=/

Personally i like Tao and hope they take the fight to Enrage every week b:laugh Sorry my friends.
  • Crystabella - Heavens Tear
    Crystabella - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Enrage absorbed a significant number of the TW core of Radiance before they ever first challenged them.

Actually the number wasnt that significant. Enrage closed the door on ex-Rad members and actually turned away some high levels that wanted to join the faction. Enrage never wanted to be ex-Rad and they arent.

As for attacking Radiance, we did so as soon as we had the income to bid on them and gave them a run for their money from the very first TW.

It was when the loses to Enrage began and the reluctance of Radiance Leaders to listen to the faction members continued (at this point charity just didnt log in) that Rad members became frustrated and the faction began to fall apart. Leadership killed Radiance in my opinion not the faction members themselves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    Actually the number wasnt that significant. Enrage closed the door on ex-Rad members and actually turned away some high levels that wanted to join the faction. Enrage never wanted to be ex-Rad and they arent.

As for attacking Radiance, we did so as soon as we had the income to bid on them and gave them a run for their money from the very first TW.

It was when the loses to Enrage began and the reluctance of Radiance Leaders to listen to the faction members continued (at this point charity just didnt log in) that Rad members became frustrated and the faction began to fall apart. Leadership killed Radiance in my opinion not the faction members themselves.

Well, I believe a very entertaining phrase emerged from from Radiance's, as you say, "death".

"BOMB ARMED".

Ah...I'll remember those lines of chat for quite a while. I really do love that kind of irony. ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009

Yeah really Enrage was one broke **** faction to begin with,everytime someone spied a cheap charm in catshop guild chat would erupt into a frenzy b:chuckle

cough*clunker*cough
  • Sonnestark - Heavens Tear
    Sonnestark - Heavens Tear Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited June 2009

It was 23-30 members. It was then that Zeffira persuaded me to join, and I joined a faction at 177/200 members after others had joined before me. Additionally, Gale and Mystic-Night made their way past Enrage's quota, just two of Rad's then highest lvls that I knew of. Though I guess "some" ex-Rad members were turned away... obviously yourself not included.

Though, I won't disagree with the second part of your post. I joined it just as it began to fall apart, though I did wonder what it once was.
    Men should be either treated generously or destroyed, because they take revenge for slight injuries - for heavy ones they cannot.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    HT TW map sucks every faction there has too many cheaters botters exploiters baught accounts and members of those factions let all that slide under the rug just to get some tw fun/pay
  • Wilzxen - Heavens Tear
    Wilzxen - Heavens Tear Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    lol why did Enrage attack Radiance this week? Seems to go against their ideal of a challenging fight. Seems to me some members within Enrage are starting to become lazy and don't want challenging fights b:chuckle

Anyway I am going to be interested in the tao vs Enrage battle.
    Number wise tao has a very good chance of beating Enrage

Top 50 by lvl:
    12 Enrage
    11 tao

Top 50 by pvp:
    12 Enrage
    16 tao

tao has a catapult advantage, and most of them are TW veterans. Will be interested to see this battle
  • Akaiakai - Heavens Tear
    Akaiakai - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2009

20-30 from Radiance and about 15 of them are experience pvpers isn't significant? Think about it again.

Last I heard , you only need 500K to bid on Radiance. Radiance isn't going to do false bidding to outbid themselves.

Yes leadership did killed Radiance. Radiance had a chance to recover with the right leadership but too bad kymkat and rawthrone destroyed the only chance for recovery.
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited June 2009

Less QQ.

Swing and a miss. Rad was starting to implode right when Enrage was formed because some high lvl rad already moved to Enrage then it was downhill from there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • forsaken2134
    forsaken2134 Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    lol why did Enrage attack Radiance this week? Seems to go against their ideal of a challenging fight. Seems to me some members within Enrage are starting to become lazy and don't want challenging fights b:chuckle

Anyway I am going to be interested in the tao vs Enrage battle.
    Number wise tao has a very good chance of beating Enrage

Top 50 by lvl:
    12 Enrage
    11 tao

Top 50 by pvp:
    12 Enrage
    16 tao

tao has a catapult advantage, and most of them are TW veterans. Will be interested to see this battle

naw, enrage actually didnt avoid the fight, they wanted a challenging battle, so they forced our (tao's) hand into attacking them. this could have backfired though, as we could have gone south to ceaser. but we decided, wth, lets have some fun this week b:thanks
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    naw, enrage actually didnt avoid the fight, they wanted a challenging battle, so they forced our (tao's) hand into attacking them. this could have backfired though, as we could have gone south to ceaser. but we decided, wth, lets have some fun this week b:thanks

Doubt that wouldve given u a good rep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rophe - Heavens Tear
    Rophe - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    To the OP.

Being in Evolution, I can attest to the firepower of Enrage. As someone said in a different thread, a lot of major TW factions have a chunk of high levels and lots of mid to lower level players. Evolution is no different. Enrage's band of higher level players though is pretty extensive. If a level 90+ cannot make it to TW, some other 90+ can step up to bat. I think that is the main difference I see in Enrage.

What that means is that while Enrage has tactics... they don't really need to employ them very often. Perhaps it is because we haven't forced them to do any differently, but few strats are needed. Push down B, use your weight to overwhelm the enemy. The time it takes for a team of 70 and 80s to take down one 90+ just gives a massive advantage. Even if you do repel one or two waves of Enrage, they regroup, ball up and push again.

The obvious problem Enrage will potentially have, and maybe they had with Triad last week, is when that doesn't work. When the wrecking ball hits the wall and nothing happens... what then? This analogy breaks down when you look then at morale, teamwork, and obedience to war general. Players that are used to rolling people generally lose the aforementioned keys to victory when no wrecking is happening. As Ty mentioned, it happened to Radiance, it could happen to Enrage, or any other mega-power. Ego ruins factions.
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Actually it didn't happen to Radiance nor did it happen to Enrage.

When Radiance lost its first offensive TW to RoC, that just made them more fierce. They came back a week later with better strategy and overran RoC with literally seconds remaining on the clock.

Enrage also got a huge wake up call and everyone was very hyped.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • turdbucket
    turdbucket Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009

Enrage also got a huge wake up call and everyone was very hyped.

so hyped they bid on evo and rad ! b:cry b:cry b:cry
    edited June 2009
    turdbucket wrote: »
    so hyped they bid on evo and rad ! b:cry b:cry b:cry

"Looks at schedule to see where Caeser and Triad bid*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    If I may interject, Sir Ty...but Memories did have a good run. However, I will say this. We were unable to get a foothold in the TW game, and due to personal reasons, our Leader quit and left (completely understandable, as RL beats PWI every time in my book). Many of our higher-ups followed with him, some for similar reasons, others because their friends left.

Eventually, the Leader position was swapped back and forth between various members...and now, it's landed in my lap. I've sworn to my fellow comrades that I'll be doing my best to balance Real Life Issues and the Faction, and right now, it's going great.

Actually, i would just like to get the story stright. It is true that memories' founders were all former radiance. But they were all enrage members up the the second before memories were formed. So from this perspective, memories were more former enrage then former radiance. The guild fall apart because none of the founding members really wanted leadership. The leader left for triad for reasons that i will not get in to. Within the hour, 2 memories officers left for enrage. Over the next day or two, every memories demon/sages joined enrage with the exception of one (who went to tao).

EDIT: oops, should have said except 2, 1 is still guildless.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
    edited June 2009
    Actually, i would just like to get the story stright. It is true that memories' founders were all former radiance. But they were all enrage members up the the second before memories were formed. So from this perspective, memories were more former enrage then former radiance. The guild fall apart because none of the founding members really wanted leadership. The leader left for triad for reasons that i will not get in to. Within the hour, 2 memories officers left for enrage. Over the next day or two, every memories demon/sages joined enrage with the exception of one (who went to tao).

Well, we have a few demon/sages back...and some of the members that left have returned (makes me happy, 'cause they have faith in me). So hopefully, I will be able to band everyone together again, and get back out on the PEW-PEW scene. ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Alorielle - Heavens Tear
    Alorielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Doubt that wouldve given u a good rep

I don't understand... How does that give Tao a bad rep when Caesar is widely considered to be the third strongest faction on the server and Tao cannot bid on Triad?
    edited June 2009
    I don't understand... How does that give Tao a bad rep when Caesar is widely considered to be the third strongest faction on the server and Tao cannot bid on Triad?

Because Enrage's bid on DW was in a sense Enrage calling out Tao to attack them.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kymkat - Heavens Tear
    Kymkat - Heavens Tear Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    actually akia...

Myself and Rawthorne did not kill Radiance off. I was given leadership on a thursday as soon as I logged on, I again, Never asked to be leader. I PM'd a few others that I felt should have been leader and got the responce "I don't want it." I did my best and gathered all members remaining to fight 20 TWs in one weekend. I think..no I know we did a great job that weekend as the only one we did not win was the one we could not make good time for and that was with Enrage. We then lost more high levels and it caused out base level and member numbers to drop to such a point that even trying to fight Enrage would cause a loss, but this is just a game and all was fun to me. If Enrage owned a time slot on their own the guild was more than happy to fight them just to have that practice in TW, just sad it did not happen and I was not going to go to clunker and ask if Enrage would sit and wait for us. Radiance would not do that so I would not ask another to do it for us. You have to do the battles you can at the times or just suck it up and take the loss.

I again called out to members I trusted to take leadership of Radiance because I was dealing with the stress of ego's of some that wanted leadership. I again got 'I don't want to." Not my fault no one stood up and took leadership when Radiance really needed them. I took it just to help get pay out and to help in the TWs. You left all too soon to see what I did to comment if I was good or bad akia...and all was going well, no more member loss til the end of voting for a new leader. I gave leadership over to the winner and she threw a fit because she did not want to work with Rawthorne and passed leadership back. I gave leadership to the 2nd place winner of the pole...that the guild voted for. Rawthorne is doing a good job at trying to get Radiance back to a well standing guild and you have to give him credit for that.

It is so easy to place blame on people you don't know and choose not to like. It is harder to take a stand and a chance to help regrow what once fell apart and has ex-bitter-members like you taking each chance they have to slam them even when they did what was right. I hope the best for all ex-members of Radiance and Radiance itself. Be happy, enjoy the game!!!

Oh BTW...even though I have my past with Tao...I hope you beat Enrage this weekend. and go for City of Lost when you can!!! would like to see how Enrage defends against 8 catas, not flaming on you Enrage...just would like to see some good battles in TWs for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Bellrose for the great sig!!!