Sage Black Ice Dragon

Phsyco - Lost City
Phsyco - Lost City Posts: 327 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Wizard
According to ecatomb.net it says that the sage version of Black Ice Dragon Strike gives "Sage version gives a 50% chance to increase magic critical hit rate by 30% for 10 seconds.". Does it actually mean my crit % will be 30% more? So if I have 10% will it be 40%? Or is it increased by 30% of what I have? So if I have 10% will it be 13%?
Post edited by Phsyco - Lost City on

Comments

• _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Hmm...i forgot who it was but i think haiz had that book a while back so you should ask Haiz how it works.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    you're right. +30% crit chance for 10 seconds. so assuming you had 10% base crit, you would have 40% crit rate. however, you don't really have 10 seconds to hit a bunch of criticals. closer to 7 seconds. so if you get it, you could get maybe a gush > pyro > gush combo off and crit all 3 if you're lucky.
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    According to ecatomb.net it says that the sage version of Black Ice Dragon Strike gives "Sage version gives a 50% chance to increase magic critical hit rate by 30% for 10 seconds.". Does it actually mean my crit % will be 30% more? So if I have 10% will it be 40%? Or is it increased by 30% of what I have? So if I have 10% will it be 13%?
    yah u would have 40%... that skill is the best skill ever - especially against BMs and Barbs
    ah btw... it's not like if that skill works successfully only all skills after it will have 40% to deal crit... if it works successfully u have a 40% in ur case that this BID will deal crit too!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • Mizorie - Lost City
    Mizorie - Lost City Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Getting hit by a critical sage Black icey dragon...gg.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dalamaar: Mizorie you have no soul.
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    yah u would have 40%... that skill is the best skill ever - especially against BMs and Barbs
    ah btw... it's not like if that skill works successfully only all skills after it will have 40% to deal crit... if it works successfully u have a 40% in ur case that this BID will deal crit too!!

Wow....
    so the 30% crit acts on the dragon... AMAZING.
    So glad I went sage.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    its actually never been proven to affect the skill itself. just an assumption brought up by a holy mage that used that as an argument to say that holy > dark in every single way.
  • Pirodar - Sanctuary
    Pirodar - Sanctuary Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    This can be tested actually. Who wants to count his/her crits for the next 100 or better 1000 uses of the skill?
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    its actually never been proven to affect the skill itself. just an assumption brought up by a holy mage that used that as an argument to say that holy > dark in every single way.

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/4552/noobdmg.png
    ok?b:bye

i know what im talking about lol... (i can show u like 10 other SS's with nice crit using sage BID... and i got only base crit = 3%)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Moobysnax - Lost City
    Moobysnax - Lost City Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Whaaa... how does crit rating affect the dmg rating of the crit? I may be misinterpreting your post, but I thought crit rating only affects how often it happens, not improve how much more dmg the crit does as well.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    omg
    crit % affects how much it happens
    crit does double damage or something like that
    she is saying she has lots of SS of BIDS crit and she only has 3% saying that BIDS effect also affects itself

OMG first post next page.....AGAIN!
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Whaaa... how does crit rating affect the dmg rating of the crit? I may be misinterpreting your post, but I thought crit rating only affects how often it happens, not improve how much more dmg the crit does as well.

it does affect rating only. she's pointing out that with her 3% crit she crits a ton with BID
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Phsyco - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    wow that's some massive crit % then... can't wait till i crit 100k's lol woot!
  • Pirodar - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Sheswes could You please tell us what's Your mag stat and Your base M attack?
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The 30% crit rate bonus is applied to BID when it does work. Why do I know this? Because every time I get the crit buff I see nothing but crits on my screen.
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I wonder how this would affect me...Light Armor build, 9% crit at the moment...when I hit 89, if I get it...oh, man, almost 50% crit. b:dirty

ಥ_ಥ ...beautiful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The 30% crit rate bonus is applied to BID when it does work. Why do I know this? Because every time I get the crit buff I see nothing but crits on my screen.

Same <3

Best ****ing move in this ****ing lame **** game <3

Edit: It's a 99 skill, and good luck getting it <_<
  • Chocooo - Lost City
    Chocooo - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I wonder how this would affect me...Light Armor build, 9% crit at the moment...when I hit 89, if I get it...oh, man, almost 50% crit. b:dirty

ಥ_ಥ ...beautiful.

You'd be missing 10 levels even at 89... sorry =P
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    So, it's a 50% chance that Dragon will crit on ~40% of the targets?
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    And ppl say wizards suck! Sage BIDS > sage sutra = everyones worst fear
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • Chocooo - Lost City
    Chocooo - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    And ppl say wizards suck! Sage BIDS > sage sutra = everyones worst fear

How many people do you think has Sage BIDS on this server?
    There's not a lot of level 99 wizards, y'know.
    Wizards suck... <90.
    >90.. Wizards don't.
    99 with sage/demon skills... wizards = scary.

Its all end game for wizards.
  • Phsyco - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    hell thats my motivation now lol... critting with that dragon would be friggin insane
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    Thats my new goal, to get sage BIDS
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    You'd be missing 10 levels even at 89... sorry =P

...damn.

But still..

ಥ_ಥ

...beautiful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Alithyra - Harshlands
    Alithyra - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    :D

10chars
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <---Sage BID FTW
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Sheswes could You please tell us what's Your mag stat and Your base M attack?
    http://img329.imageshack.us/i/statsr.png/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pirodar - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Thank You. Impressive.

Was this critical with all possible damage amplifiers, like spark eruption, amplify damage from veno, frenzy and extreme poison from genie etc?
  • PerfectChaos - Harshlands
    PerfectChaos - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/4552/noobdmg.png
    ok?b:bye

i know what im talking about lol... (i can show u like 10 other SS's with nice crit using sage BID... and i got only base crit = 3%)

wow O_O 122,854 crit??? omg thats insane
  • Haga - Sanctuary
    Haga - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Yup pretty insane

I'm asking so many questions to find out if there is something special about that boss or if it was just such insane crit. With triple spark amplify damage, Extreme poison and most probably undine strike such crit is achievable with the stats Sheswes has. With double spark it's hard but I don't want to say impossible yet. According to my calculations double spark eruption gives at most about 41.5 k raw damage from BIDS. I'm assuming the stats on the screenshot are when she is not buffed. To get the crit like on the screenshot, it would have to be amplified to over 61k and that's neglecting the resistance of the boss.
  • Pirodar - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Ups

Looks like my second personality took control for a moment.