Need an opinion on Legendary Pets

_ImaDude_ - Sanctuary
_ImaDude_ - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Venomancer
Ok so i'm a lvl 63 veno and i've got my herc. My question is do you think that i should invest in a nix too, or is a piggy or sawfly good enough for the few air mobs that is needed for quests. Also i'm on sanctuary server, i don't PvP really at all so that's not a factorin this choice. Thanks for the help b:puzzled
Post edited by _ImaDude_ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Maddieson - Sanctuary
    Maddieson - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Nix is the best PvP pet but either way you should invest in a nix because if you want to start PvPing then you already have the nix, but thats my opnion.
    It's not my job to shut you down on a suggestion. It's a pleasure, though.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I find the phoenix to be great when it comes to grinding. It kills monsters in seconds.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i find herc better for killing, phoenix is just there to me, he doesnt excite me any, hes just a show off tool. herc is your god.
  • Akiratojo - Heavens Tear
    Akiratojo - Heavens Tear Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I love nix for it's kill speed.
    I acquired a nix pretty early and it has made my life a lot easier.

Herc is basically a tank, but it does however, lack the kill speed of the nix.
    You are also on a PVE server, so PK is not as near common as it is on Harshlands or Lost City.

The only advantage I could see to a nix is that it would make you level faster because of it's kill speed.

If you have the money to spare and want a really fast killing and strong pet, then by all means go with a nix.
    But on PVE servers Herc is godly to have and the king of tanking, and you can also get some nice stuff out of HH.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    07-Ghost fan
    Warning: This user has bad spelling
  • Hell_rayzer - Heavens Tear
    Hell_rayzer - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    ughh im in the same problem i finally got 9999 sofs but i havnt turned them in im in Heavens tear and im only 54 sooo idk herc or nix.... im prob not gonna pvp until like 70-80s so which pet is better for super fast lvling?
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    ughh im in the same problem i finally got 9999 sofs but i havnt turned them in im in Heavens tear and im only 54 sooo idk herc or nix.... im prob not gonna pvp until like 70-80s so which pet is better for super fast lvling?

If you are not sure, get herc first. It will let you run your FBs and stuff much easier and it is still very good at regular grinding... Specialy since you are on a pve server.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    herc can mob and hold aggro way better than a chicken can :|. nix is lice shampoo >_>
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    :|. nix is lice shampoo >_>

Very fitting :) as the phoeNIX, both kill pests.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Herc does not hold agro better than a phoenix. A phoenix hits so hard and fast it does not even need to use skills to hold agro.
    Main characters
  • Hell_rayzer - Heavens Tear
    Hell_rayzer - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    now im even more puzzled....
  • Maddieson - Sanctuary
    Maddieson - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    If your planning on PvP nix for sure but if you want to be able to tank fbs and TTs and such, herc is your best choice.
    It's not my job to shut you down on a suggestion. It's a pleasure, though.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Since you are not doing pvp here is your thing.

Hercules: Use for bosses
    Phoenix: Just plain grinding

Depending on what you are killing you may have to use the hercules to grind with instead but thats the general pve way I do things. I say get hercules first.
    Main characters
  • Zilyana - Dreamweaver
    Zilyana - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I have both Nix and Herc. Got herc through a lot of TT and i got Nix by selling the Bad Panda mount i won. In any case, I'd say save for nix. I love my Herc because he's awsome for TT and bosses, but when it comes to grinding nothing comes close to the raw power of nix. If u decide to get nix dont forget that u cant take it into the cube of fate so it'll be a long time till u get him to ur lvl b:bye
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The phoenix is l33t. Mine is still 15 levels lower than my herc, but it already does more damage per hit. Factor in the faster attack speed (and attack speed buff) and it was out-damaging my herc while 20 levels lower.

If you're only going to get one, I would get the herc. It will let you do stuff you couldn't do before while solo or in a broken group (missing a tank or cleric). But if you plan on getting both, then I don't think it really matters which you get first.
  • Angerr - Harshlands
    Angerr - Harshlands Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    for making money - herc
    for grinding - nix