a venom can pay 200$ to rule the game?

Options
thorrr
thorrr Posts: 27 Arc User
edited June 2009 in General Discussion
i mean, i know the phonix coast around 200$ , and i tryed facing a (mylvl) venom with it and i fell down like a fly (time after time).

oki so i understand that 200$ is alot of $s and i understand that it gotta be spcial for that price.

i also herd that there only such thing in venom. is it true?
or my wizard can get something in that magnitude in higher lvl?

if only venoms got that, should i just go play venom?
Post edited by thorrr on

Comments

• Aoe - Heavens Tear
    Aoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Lol i dont know a person yet who doesn't have a veno as an alt. Me and my bf both play the veno. As far as the 200$ pet wizards don't get something like that. They did add something about flesh ream on the genies to be able to combat against it. However i don't know anyone who is able to survive the phoenix yet.

In the long run all are needed for TW. If not you'd have guilds of just veno's with phoenixes killing everyone. o.o? actually >.> this may sound stupid but if these are hard to defeat how come people don't just make a guild of veno's for tw?
  • davijohans
    davijohans Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    no. 200$ isnt cheap but in lvls 85++ you will find yourself spending alot of coins who could have bought u the nix, so that 200$ are by far the best item u can pay for in the game ( in efficiancy terms).

yes. only venos can buy such ace.
    ( no ur wizard cant, yes very much UNFAIR << my pesronal opinion)

hmm yes. it is certinely the smartesest choise for a player. u cant pvp like the venom or kill monsters as goos as she can.
    (but than again, if all will be venoms, it wont be much fun this game)

mabe its a good place to ask a gm to replay on why only venoms get the chance to pay for domination? though knowing the gms (or mods) around, no serious reply will come. they might say smt unrelated to make us think they accedently missed the point, saw it meny times.
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    Wizzeled - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Lol i dont know a person yet who doesn't have a veno as an alt. Me and my bf both play the veno. As far as the 200$ pet wizards don't get something like that. They did add something about flesh ream on the genies to be able to combat against it. However i don't know anyone who is able to survive the phoenix yet.

In the long run all are needed for TW. If not you'd have guilds of just veno's with phoenixes killing everyone. o.o? actually >.> this may sound stupid but if these are hard to defeat how come people don't just make a guild of veno's for tw?

I can survive a phoenix. Just kill the veno before the pet kills you :P I'm an archer and I get right up in the veno's face :P so I can spam my close range attacks along with my other ones.
  • Aoe - Heavens Tear
    Aoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I can survive a phoenix. Just kill the veno before the pet kills you :P I'm an archer and I get right up in the veno's face :P so I can spam my close range attacks along with my other ones.

Lol i don't doubt you for a minute. I think there are lots of people out there that can survive it. Just that everyone complains so much about the nix being over powered. If that's the case how come people don't just put that in their tw and kill everyone off.
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

Hmmm are u fighting them in duels or pk mode? In duels bramble hood works so your close up melee moves as an archer will hit u back it also reduces damage 75% for the veno. In pk mode all they gotta do is send the nix in with bleed and run away you will be dead b4 veno runs outta range or bramble to reduce damage (reflect doesnt work in open pk) and let u shoot while nix kills you. I believe you are fighting a veno who isnt lets say informed of all the skills available or isnt lvl 59 or higher. Now im not saying you cant beat the veno cause on my archer i've done the same although at a range but most the time without apothecary pk pots im dead on the pk servers.
  • Miabi - Lost City
    Miabi - Lost City Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Gotta love spending the value of ONE YEAR AND A HALF of a regular MMO subscription to have a nuke
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    No they can't, they can spend about $180 for a pheonix though. Learn 2 play.
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i want a hp stone for 200$ in cashshop. triples your hp value - avaible to all, as veno as an exception b:pleased
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    veno magic damage is pathetic as is,
    the rest is self explanatory
  • davijohans
    davijohans Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    veno magic damage is pathetic as is,
    the rest is self explanatory

yes if u use the LA (some venos even use HA) than ofc ull hit low mag dmg.

but for the arcane venos, the dmg isnt bad and got some very handy skills.

as a matter of fact i remmember a topic debaiting reather nuke venos mag dmg is better than clerics dmg, if ull ask ill serch the link just to prove the point.
    edited May 2009
    Options
    damage is good lol...? how the hell is veno spells more powerful than clerics..?

plume shot:
    Inflicts physical damage equal to your base magic attack plus 100% of weapon damage plus 1379.6.

venomous scarab:
    Deals Wood damage equal to base magic damage plus 100% of weapon damage plus 966.0.

Cyclone:
    inflicting Metal damage equal to your base magic attack plus 100% of weapon damage plus 1372.6.
    Blazing Scarab:
    inflicting Wood damage equal to base magic damage dealing 3927.0 Fire damage over 30 seconds.

our only decent damaging moves -
    Lucky:Wood damage equal to base magic damage plus 100% of weapon damage plus 3416.9.
    iron wood:inflicting Wood damage equal to base magic damage plus 300% of weapon damage plus 1327.7
    noxious: suffer Wood damage equal to base magic damage plus 200% of weapon damage plus 1501.4. Enemies will also suffer 1501.4 Wood damage over 9 seconds.

cleric good skills:
    Wield Thunder: inflicting Metal damage equal to base magic damage plus 200% of weapon damage plus 4583.3.
    Tempest: inflicting Metal damage equal to your base magic damage plus 400% of weapon damage plus 9337.1.
    Razor Feathers: Inflicts physical damage equal to base magic attack plus 200% of weapon damage plus 2258.2.
    Thunderball:Metal damage equal to your base magic attack and causing the enemy to suffer an additional 4419.7 Metal damage over 15 seconds

whos damage is better? cleric DUH
  • Osiris - Dreamweaver
    Osiris - Dreamweaver Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

Many people from PvE servers are dueling venos with a phoenix and can tank it because if the two duelists aren't borth white named the pvp damage reduction works in in duels. In open pk flesh ream deals four times the damage and 1520 damage every 3 seconds instead of 380 damage makes a huge difference.

Btw, can any venomancer can give ma clarification about the damage type the phoenix deals on normal attacks. I always thought it would be magic damage, since it never misses, but many venos claim that its physical.
    davijohans wrote: »
    as a matter of fact i remmember a topic debaiting reather nuke venos mag dmg is better than clerics dmg, if ull ask ill serch the link just to prove the point.

No... I'm 100% sure that a venos nuke damage is not even close to a clerics. Even a vit build cleric deals way more damage then a veno without pet.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

It would be best fired from range.This would be ok if this were a real competive type game where Rangers would be able to stop a Veno in their tracks.I am talking recurve bow with interrupts and a better poison skills.

Metal damage does more damage than wood damage.

I to wouldn't mind seeing something special for all classes like what the Venos have with Herc. and the Nix.That way I can get most of my boss quests done when there is no one around maybe a companion.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Btw, can any venomancer can give ma clarification about the damage type the phoenix deals on normal attacks. I always thought it would be magic damage, since it never misses, but many venos claim that its physical.

well, #1 phoenix only does like 150 a peck on heavy classes when hes not flesh reaming
    #2 pets only have a PHYSICAL attack stat, not a magic one, their accuracy is just extremely high in most cases. they can miss some bosses, it happens often
  • HuntresPrime - Lost City
    HuntresPrime - Lost City Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    thorrr wrote: »
    i mean, i know the phonix coast around 200$ , and i tryed facing a (mylvl) venom with it and i fell down like a fly (time after time).

oki so i understand that 200$ is alot of $s and i understand that it gotta be spcial for that price.

i also herd that there only such thing in venom. is it true?
    or my wizard can get something in that magnitude in higher lvl?

if only venoms got that, should i just go play venom?
    i dont know if this was asked yet or not. but
    WTF is a venom? a spider? snake? that black simboite from spider man?

i know on this game there is a Venomancer or VENO for short. but i never knew there was a venom =P
    edited May 2009
    Options
    venom is any type of toxin delivered into the body via injection. stingers, fangs, etc.
    edited May 2009
    Options
    venom is any type of toxin delivered into the body via injection. stingers, fangs, etc.
    ahhh but how do you play as this venom class? i want to go around shooting my spew all over people. making making them sick and eventually killing them xD

imagine a giant blob of venom out to spew its fluid all over every one.and is an excellent head shot-er xD
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    No they can't, they can spend about $180 for a pheonix though. Learn 2 play.

It's actually ~$187 if you get a 26.8 average per pack, and that's if they get the nominal average.

L2Math

And then they have to level it, feed it, get a tome, and teach it how to make players QQ. The leveling part is quite a pain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    Options
    it ranges from 17-22m + another 200k for the scroll + 1m for teaching it each level + ~750k for a tome on sanc + around 25-50k per ginseng to get it over 500 loyalty, then we have to spend numerous hours, even days to level it from 1-whatever god damn level we are, which has taken me about 2 weeks to catch mine to 87 (im at 99.9% as i write this lol)

above poster is 100% correct, we work hard for this dang bird, it better be worth the investment
    edited May 2009
    Options
    to get back on subject here.

so with out buying gold. i estimated it would cost around 40m on my server.
    sof/feather sell arond 3k~3.6

now, if and when i do get a herc. i heard you can *of your lucky* go to room 4 in cube and lv your herc. is this true? or would it be better off for me (lv 52) just to re roll a new veno give it the money and items needed and buy a herc?
    also being on t PvP (right?) server should i go for a nix first?
    i grind and rarely do i pk.

also. i heard herc eat only meat.. i got a xmas blessing. so i would have to buy ginsing to get herc's loyalty to 500+ right? hmm so that means it would cost me another 5m on top of that. also what scroll are you talking about? and do you mean upgrading the pets skill? xP

btw i have a lv 45 piggy with flesh ream. should i max that (defence for pkers) or should i just keep it lv 1? i have a pker that hunts me down cause i killed a rare after a nub keept bugging my by putting his magmite in front of me. he tends to fly a lot so any suggestions? being that i have a bad panda mount and a 3+ wheel of fate with 2 beautiful shards i dont really want to loose if i fight back. bad enough i spend 40k on angles. lol.
    edited May 2009
    Options

now, if and when i do get a herc. i heard you can *of your lucky* go to room 4 in cube and lv your herc. is this true? or would it be better off for me (lv 52) just to re roll a new veno give it the money and items needed and buy a herc?

also. i heard herc eat only meat.. i got a xmas blessing. so i would have to buy ginsing to get herc's loyalty to 500+ right? hmm so that means it would cost me another 5m on top of that. also what scroll are you talking about? and do you mean upgrading the pets skill? xP

btw i have a lv 45 piggy with flesh ream. should i max that (defence for pkers) or should i just keep it lv 1? i have a pker that hunts me down cause i killed a rare after a nub keept bugging my by putting his magmite in front of me. he tends to fly a lot so any suggestions? being that i have a bad panda mount and a 3+ wheel of fate with 2 beautiful shards i dont really want to loose if i fight back. bad enough i spend 40k on angles. lol.

Most venos replace Pounce with Bash, and upgrade it which is about 300k+100k+800k to level it to level 5 Bash, or 1.2 mil overall, but 800k for a level 50ish venomancer.

For leveling the Herc from level 1 to 30 should be a breeze just by one shotting level 20ish mobs for a while until the herc hits mid 20s, and then moving to the Tauroc Slaves where the 4 dual spawns of them are. It's when the pet hits mid to late 40s that leveling becomes a real PITA.

I would really advise upgrading the piggy's Flesh Ream.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cioud - Dreamweaver
    Cioud - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    personally i think veno's get the 300$ pet due to the fact they can only be female, so all the geeky boys who used to play pokemon who just upgraded their comp are gonna hang their head up high with their credit card in their pocket protector just in case, honeslty 6 out of 7 veno's i know are guys, of that 6, 5 flirt with other guys, of that 5, 3 are married to guys in RL, of that 3 only 1 is actually ****....
  • Cioud - Dreamweaver
    Cioud - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

sorry the 40k on angels amused me, u could save some cash by just saving up coins and buying cash shop gold so u can just pay the 30 silver, just deosit money into the auction thingy and type in the lowest sell price etc, 110k of coins for 1 gold isn't to bad if ur paing 40k a pop on angels, ur making someone rich lolz
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    thorrr wrote: »
    a venom can pay 200$ to rule the game?

Of course not, but if you pay me $200 I'll rule the game for you. b:cute
    edited June 2009
    Options
    sorry the 40k on angels amused me, u could save some cash by just saving up coins and buying cash shop gold so u can just pay the 30 silver, just deosit money into the auction thingy and type in the lowest sell price etc, 110k of coins for 1 gold isn't to bad if ur paing 40k a pop on angels, ur making someone rich lolz

Um....not sure what Gold is going for on Dreamweaver, but LC is sitting ~135k, and after trading fees, it comes out to 39,993 per GA on LC at current market prices of gold.

Next time I suggest checking what the current market price of gold on the player's current server actually is before saying something stupid. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    Torsay - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    damage is good lol...? how the hell is veno spells more powerful than clerics..?

plume shot:
    Inflicts physical damage equal to your base magic attack plus 100% of weapon damage plus 1379.6.

venomous scarab:
    Deals Wood damage equal to base magic damage plus 100% of weapon damage plus 966.0.

Cyclone:
    inflicting Metal damage equal to your base magic attack plus 100% of weapon damage plus 1372.6.
    Blazing Scarab:
    inflicting Wood damage equal to base magic damage dealing 3927.0 Fire damage over 30 seconds.

our only decent damaging moves -
    Lucky:Wood damage equal to base magic damage plus 100% of weapon damage plus 3416.9.
    iron wood:inflicting Wood damage equal to base magic damage plus 300% of weapon damage plus 1327.7
    noxious: suffer Wood damage equal to base magic damage plus 200% of weapon damage plus 1501.4. Enemies will also suffer 1501.4 Wood damage over 9 seconds.

cleric good skills:
    Wield Thunder: inflicting Metal damage equal to base magic damage plus 200% of weapon damage plus 4583.3.
    Tempest: inflicting Metal damage equal to your base magic damage plus 400% of weapon damage plus 9337.1.
    Razor Feathers: Inflicts physical damage equal to base magic attack plus 200% of weapon damage plus 2258.2.
    Thunderball:Metal damage equal to your base magic attack and causing the enemy to suffer an additional 4419.7 Metal damage over 15 seconds

whos damage is better? cleric DUH

Nice, maybe people will start playing clerics more often than venos now. :D

Maybe then they will go back here and kick your **** for this post. :D

Sorry, no offense but this one is really like you have never read the forums, even with that you spend so much time here I guess.

Anyway I say play clerics people. Being a veno changes your in-game personallity lol
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Nice, maybe people will start playing clerics more often than venos now. :D

Maybe then they will go back here and kick your **** for this post. :D

Sorry, no offense but this one is really like you have never read the forums, even with that you spend so much time here I guess.

Anyway I say play clerics people. Being a veno changes your in-game personallity lol

I first started playing pw as a cleric. That.. was the most awful experience EVER. So I switched to playing a veno. I prefer it over a cleric, because I can actually PROTECT the clerics now. I prefer damaging and pulling things from our healers as opposed to being helpless and taking so much damage as a cleric.

Yes, I have a phoenix. No I don't pk. I've tw'ed before though. Its easy to defeat a phoenix in tw, even before the genies. As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, just kill the veno. Or, as many people have done in my past tw's, kill the phoenix. They have a high attack, but if you stun it, its rather squishy.

And instead of bash, I use flesh ream. Its not maxed and I won't max it. The level its at is just fine, I cannot pull aggro from it so it will stay that way.

But I know blademasters that are more powerful than I am, even with my phoenix. Its all a matter of how you play your character. Its not about what pets venos have. We can have both a herc and a nix and still not be able to do as much as others. I personally know a blademaster that's BETTER than any herc out there. He tanks as well as a barb too, with less hp though. But its all about how you shape your character and what you wanna do with them. Not about how much a pet can do.

Cause I know no one will believe me on this, I prefer my kowlin and armored bear over my phoenix. But that's just me. And no I don't have a herc. I won't be getting one. My armored bear is my tank. and if it fails, then I have my shaodu cub.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • Kriya - Sanctuary
    Kriya - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Wow. looking for information about veno AoE and all i find are people b****ing.
    personally i think veno's get the 300$ pet due to the fact they can only be female, so all the geeky boys who used to play pokemon who just upgraded their comp are gonna hang their head up high with their credit card in their pocket protector just in case, honeslty 6 out of 7 veno's i know are guys, of that 6, 5 flirt with other guys, of that 5, 3 are married to guys in RL, of that 3 only 1 is actually ****....

repressed much?
  • Kazue - Heavens Tear
    Kazue - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

They do, have you seem triad.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Nefarious is roughly 50% Nix Veno's for TW.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.