Weapons, level of weapons, etc.

Worfix - Harshlands
Worfix - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
hello, well guys, I still dont know few stuff:
What are those stars on weapons? Why does some weapons with 2 stars glow other with 2 stars doesnt? why does some ppl have 2 soc weapon and it isnt glowing, some ppl with 1 soc glowing weapon. I mean... I just don't understand what is the point in those stars and sockets and stuff. ok I do understand that numbers of sockets are also the numbers how many shards can u put in or sth like that?
and sorry for asking u those things but I just couldnt find topics which would answer on my questions :)
yeah, level 27, and still dont know what are stars for ^^ kinda noobish ^^
Post edited by Worfix - Harshlands on

Comments

• Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    hello, well guys, I still dont know few stuff:
    What are those stars on weapons? Why does some weapons with 2 stars glow other with 2 stars doesnt? why does some ppl have 2 soc weapon and it isnt glowing, some ppl with 1 soc glowing weapon. I mean... I just don't understand what is the point in those stars and sockets and stuff. ok I do understand that numbers of sockets are also the numbers how many shards can u put in or sth like that?
    and sorry for asking u those things but I just couldnt find topics which would answer on my questions :)
    yeah, level 27, and still dont know what are stars for ^^ kinda noobish ^^

it all depends on the weapon bonuses, the stones taht are on etc...
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sylvini - Heavens Tear
    Sylvini - Heavens Tear Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Ok, first off, stars:
    Stars range from 1 to 3 and represent the overall quality of the item. The more the stars, the higher the base stats will be, so a 3* sword will have a higher attack than the same lvl sword at 1*. ALL 3* WEAPONS GLOW (not sure about armor). When crafting, the number of stars is randomly generated, so if you want to craft a 2* or 3* item, you'll just have to try a lot.

Secondly, sockets:
    Like stars, sockets are also randomly generated when crafting, but these are also randomly generated on drop items (whereas all normal mobs will always drop 1* items only). Sockets by themselves do nothing, and don't make your weapon glow, but they allow you to attach gem shards (such as a rough amber shard, for example) to your equipment to get the bonuses listed on the shard. If you have enough shards of high enough grade on the equipment, it can get a variety of effects (glow, lightning, etc.).

Thirdly, TT weapons:
    All TT weapons (made in the Twilight Forges, using materials dropped from Twilight Temple bosses) glow, usually green, though I think some glow yellow. Twilight Temple will open for you at lvl 60.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    3* armor does not glow by itself. Armor only glows/produces an effect when you imbue it with certain soulgems. The list of effects can be found here.

Also Sylvini you forgot to mention that legendary weapons such as Wheel of Fate glaive and Wind and the Clouds slingshot glow yellow. Yellow name, yellow glow; green name, green glow; purple name, purple/blue glow.

If you imbue a WEAPON with soulgems, you must imbue 2 gems of at least Flawless grade to see an effect; you'll get two little glittery trail thingys that go around your hand, and the trails' colors will change depending on the gem used, for instance Sapphire soulgems create a white trail, Amber soulgems make a yellow trail, Garnet soulgems make a red trail (again, this is only with Flawless grade or better). I'm not too sure whether higher grade shards (higher than Flawless) imbue anything different to a weapon, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sylvini - Heavens Tear
    Sylvini - Heavens Tear Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Ooh, I didn't know legendary weaps glowed, too. Never had one. Thanks, Alphae!
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    you also never had a herc O: golems cant tank dimentora! or 1-2 squad!
  • Worfix - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Oh I see, so why does my weapon 2* from level 20 supply stash glow? At which level is worth of putting in soulgems etc.? And why are Mirage celestones used for?
  • BigBearP - Heavens Tear
    BigBearP - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    weapons from the supply box glow the same as a 3 star weapon so any you get from there will have the blue glow
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    but not the bow b:cry
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Axemanek - Heavens Tear
    Axemanek - Heavens Tear Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    3* weapons glow, armour have to have 2 sockets to glow, average shard or above
    I Want To Eat Estasi & Send Her Into Extasy!! b:victory

May The Force Not Be With You!
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Mirage celestones are used for refining. You need 2 celestones to refine a weapon and 1 to refine armour. Refining adds effects to the item you refined. The effect depends on the type of item your refining. So refining a sword will raise physical attack. And refining a magic sword will raise magic attack, refining armour will raise phys defence/hp/mag defense etc.
    That isnt actually right, though, its just an example, im just guessing. Check a refining guide before you actually do it.
    Just go to the elder of a city and click refine and read the instructions.
    To make a mirage celestone go to a gem merchant and he'll have 2 quests for you. Both quests reward with a mirage celestone. To make the mirage celestone bring either 25 celestone fragments to him. Or 3 Earth Celestones, 3 human celestones and 3 heaven celestones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Worfix - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    wow! I really got all the answers I needed ^^ ty guys