The Best Way to Grind

Kittennice - Heavens Tear
Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I noticed a lot of people complain about grinding so I'm making this thread to make a list of all the different ways to do it so no one will complain that much and it will be fun and interesting to hear how many people do it.

To start off, my best way is listening to really fast music and eating candy.b:laugh

What's your's?

List

-Listening to music and getting sugar high
-Listening to the same song over and over again that keeps getting you pumped
-Adding quests such as One-Man-Army to have something to look forward to (Rep)
-Setting out a goal and aiming for it
-Surfing the net/forums
-Listening to movies
-Reading World Chat
-Chatting with friends/guild mates
-Concentrating on the money and item drops
-Just loving it
-Let other things kill stuff while you do whatever (pets for Venomancers)
The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
Having fun since lv1
5 more levels baby!
^_____^
{=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
Post edited by Kittennice - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Me? I don't have any problem with grinding at all.

I just imagine that I'm in a situation like in the anime, ".****//", or just think about the character Konata Izumi from Lucky Star, and her similar obsession with MMO's. ~.^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Crucifix - Harshlands
    Crucifix - Harshlands Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Make a macro that consists of everything I need to kill a mob.

Click mob, press macro, go look at forums, come back, click another mob, press macro.

Profit. b:laugh
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I don't grind for exp I grind for coins and rep. The exp is just a side effect that at the moment, I don't want.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    zoe is a crack head.

goto ancient heavens tear, sit on your bird, and let your phoenix attack ? mobs.
    easy exp
  • Axemanek - Heavens Tear
    Axemanek - Heavens Tear Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    grinding is boring....for me anyway xD
    I Want To Eat Estasi & Send Her Into Extasy!! b:victory

May The Force Not Be With You!
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Hmmm 29.1% exp. I think its time to get another genie to feed my 3.8 mil exp so I can grind even more. Get the coins to + my gear to 5, get around 15k rep, get all my quests done in frost, lunar and fb 99.

The more you do on one level the better you are by time you reach the next.

During my grinds I talk in guild chat and go over my networking stuff. It's not possible for me to get bored.
    Main characters
    edited May 2009
    yes, because that kind of stuff is exciting for nerds :).

but whats the point of doing FB99 stuff if you wont be 99?
    better to feed it all that spirit ~.~. lunar is glitched and wont open on our server even for those who did the solo entrance quest. sounds like a bunch of balogna
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited May 2009

better to feed it all that spirit ~.~. lunar is glitched and wont open on our server even for those who did the solo entrance quest. sounds like a bunch of balogna

But...what does a bunch of balogna sound like? Have you held it to your ear and listened? Tell me what it sounds like!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Eriestrength - Sanctuary
    Eriestrength - Sanctuary Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    zoe is a crack head.

goto ancient heavens tear, sit on your bird, and let your phoenix attack ? mobs.
    easy exp

agreed she is a crack head and quite full of herself too.

just crank the rock up and grind thats pretty much all you need to do
  • Eriestrength - Sanctuary
    Eriestrength - Sanctuary Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited May 2009

it is? how did me and my squad get in then?
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    I've been in lunar twice, even finished a quest in there. Trick to opening it is to have a party of at least 4 level 85+ members that have finished the quest outside for the entrance. If there is even 1 person in the party that has not done the quest, the door will not open.

The fb 99 quest is the level 90 time quest. Makes you kill fb 99 bosses just like the level 70 time quest made you kill an fb 79 boss. I'll hit level 99 someday, just not anytime soon. I don't want to anytime soon.
    Main characters
    edited May 2009
    which the other back in time quests also contain an RB delta set of bosses and TT 3-2 and 3-3!

sounds really plausible :O
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Yes it does sound plausible. I know people I can do the runs with. I can easily delay my levels as long as I want and still get everything done. =o
    Main characters
    edited May 2009
    sounds like a pain in the ****. why delay levels when you can get more quests for more rep ?.. cept in a few levels when you get a quest to kill harpy wraith haha..
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i just listen to the WC ppl and i like urban ninja the most lolb:laughhe cracks me up and i listen to music and yea get my blood sugar high lol
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Thinking about how much coin I can make via grinding, and how closer and closer I get to my Swiftshadow (once I hit 50 I'll probably be thinking about my TT60 gear, Kowlin, Hellhound and the like for more inspiration) while listening to some music helps when I'm forced to grind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Aesprika - Sanctuary
    Aesprika - Sanctuary Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I set a goal like to gain X amount of Exp/Money/Items and listen to trance music really loud. :D
  • forsaken2134
    forsaken2134 Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    whats grinding? i dont grind, i lure and loot at fishies, lol
    edited May 2009
    TURN ON SLAYER AND MURDER, SLAUGHTER, AND AND LOOT THE FETID CARCASSES OF THE BEASTS YOU MUTILATED!

uh. i mean, be friendly and have tea parties with monsters and ask them kindly for exp and money
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I never grind, it's all about One-Man Army quests b:cool.

Repeating Quests FTW!
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • sealed
    sealed Posts: 781
    edited May 2009
    Best way to grind is with a Cleric lolb:chuckle

sealed~
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    stick a movie in my computer, and listen to it while i grind, or a musical, like "Cats"...most of the time i listen to movies anyway more than watch them. i do also watch guild chat, and stick my oar in now and then, but it hard for me to type and keep watch that i dont get mobbed (leveling a couple of pets while grinding/leveling myself).

and yes, grinding for drops is easier to concentrate on, than obsessing over my exp meter.b:chuckle
    treasure.gif

I noticed a lot of people complain about grinding so I'm making this thread to make a list of all the different ways to do it so no one will complain that much and it will be fun and interesting to hear how many people do it.

To start off, my best way is listening to really fast music and eating candy.b:laugh

What's your's?

[/center]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Xaikus - Heavens Tear
    Xaikus - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Set 'Dont Stop Me Now' by Queen on repeat. And listen to it overrrr and ovverrr. Doesnt get repetitive. Gets me pumped.
  • Rakthor - Lost City
    Rakthor - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2009

What's your's?

List

those people who complaina are stupid, what else do you do except grind for exp most of the time? It's an MMO ffs!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    i do drugs to pass the time while leveling
  • Kuschel - Lost City
    Kuschel - Lost City Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I don't grind.

I do cube/crazy stone/world mission.

Then I go do HH.

No hiding in room 32 NPC.

b:bye
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    For venos - don't grind, do some pet training :) I started grinding only at lvl55+. Untill then I only did some pet training time after time as pets stayed behind me.

I make grinding more enjoyable by choosing good music, find a place with 4-5 mobs, so you would know when another mob will respawn after you have killed it. Preferably, place with few mats/herbs too. Then just click on mob, use macro and start to check friendlist who is online and up to chat. Time runs quickly like that - good music, some killing, nice chatting :)
  • Batista - Dreamweaver
    Batista - Dreamweaver Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I don't grind much ... it's not something I enjoy doing much. I've always thought the One-Man Army quests were a waste but might start doing them since I could use the Reputation ... My current Rep is sad.
    Batista (85 Cleric) {Semi-Retired Character}
    Venom (55 Venomancer) {Main Character - On Vacation}
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    territorywar.info (Dreamweaver TW Maps) (Updated 08/28/2010)
    battleoftheimmortals.com (Under Major Construction)
  • DollParts - Sanctuary
    DollParts - Sanctuary Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited May 2009

What's your's?

List

The best way to grind is to be a veno and let your pet tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I never grind, it's all about One-Man Army quests b:cool.

Repeating Quests FTW!

Because those don't give XP or Spirit, it's still technically grinding, just on a specific mob for rep.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]