TW High End Cleric - LA v. Pure

Lepios - Lost City
Lepios - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Cleric
Hello,

I know this is a beaten topic, but I didn't see anything that offered advise on the usefulness of an LA cleric vs. Pure or Vit Hybrids in TW. I've discussed this with some of the higher end clerics from a couple of the better top-end guilds on Lost City (GZ, RQ, Spec, Cq remains impossible to contact for whatever reason...and I would like their input the most since they own 90% of the map), but my decision remains inconclusive given that neither build tips the scale over the other. I did, however, find that LA seems to be a good choice in TW. Again, this is based on speculation, so I'm turning to the forums for feedback.

I want to know if LA clerics are more survivable in TW than vit/hybrid robe, and if it is a feasible option in pvp. I'm putting some serious consideration into respeccing LA @ 70 and dumping a fortune into good LA gear. I know there are a couple of you out there that are die hard LA fans, so your input would be appreciated. I would also like to hear feedback from robe clerics that partake in TW runs with fellow LA clerics and their take on LA.

Also, what would you consider to be the most useful post 70 build on a pvp server? I was thinking LA namely because I am often grinding or aoe grinding and get jumped by a random BM pker.
Post edited by Lepios - Lost City on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Please don't do it....b:surrender. LA for a Cleric is just not a viable build for endgame (in my opinion).

You cannot attack high and heal high if you take those extra attribute points and place them into more str and dex then needed. You need them in mag.

You can use pdef shards if you are looking for the defense, HOWEVER, you would be much better off going with HP shards and using pdef ornaments.

In terms of TW, Clerics = Bait anyways and will always be taken out as soon as possible. This is especially true for the Pull party and inside the gate since they are used to res and buff. In this case, Plume Shell and some pots work wonders to buy you some time and survivability.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Sorbik - Lost City
    Sorbik - Lost City Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    LA is good 80->90 for PvP because its cheap

But endgame TW cleric should be full vit, socketted hp, robes. This way magic won't kill you unless u get undined (purify). And you won't die to melee unless ur plume shell breaks (rare), or if it's on cooldown. In these cooldowns u can use dew of god protections, or guardian light, triple (heaven) spark, wind shell genie skill, etc.