server-wide disconnects are not cute

Comments

• Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    It's weird...I haven't gotten any of those disconnects at all...perhaps I'm just lucky...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • ShylahArista - Dreamweaver
    ShylahArista - Dreamweaver Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    If it makes anybody feel better, PWI is not the only one experiencing server wide DCs. Jade Empire is having them too.
    So the last two nights there have been server wide disconnects. If this has a remote chance on becoming a frequent event or even a rare event but still happens....

This quote came from their forums, which re-inforces that it is an ISP problem and the GM's and devs. have more of a problem on their hands than first realized. The only difference is that PWI has been out for longer, so there are more people here to complain about it. I think with all the threads in the General Chat, they are well aware of it now. Let them do their jobs, and give the MODS a break! I'm sure Aryanna would appreciate it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Main IGN: Aleithyia - Assassin
    IGN: Assenah - Mystic

pwidreamweaverguilds.weebly.com

etsy.com/shop/ATimeToRememberPhoto
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    maxsteve wrote: »
    I did not even see this thread till moderator moved the message here..

I see that now - your message didn't have a <moved> tag on it so I didnt know that had happened.
    PerfectWorld was the only program that was getting disconnects. I am running several other items on my connection including Broadvoice, Ventrilo, and Skype that had no disconnects. I am aware that the problem is probably a connection since, as a network administrator, I know the time it takes to boot a server. I am a software engineer as well...

Then you realize that it's probably not a software issue *this* time, but a network issue *for them*. You also know it's entirely possible for PW to have ISP problems, while Broadvoice, Ventrilio and Skype to be unaffected. I understand you didn't know there was a network issue *then*.
    I was venting my frustration. If I was giving technical advice, I would be charging for my services.

Most people do not care why they are disconnected. they do care that they are dying and loosing experience or angles due to problems on the other side.

I agree. I usually try check the 'boards first to see if anyone else is having a problem - so I know *who* to complain about.

I just dont understand the people who have, after getting disconnected in TT, have then gone back in, loaded up yet another charm/esoterica, and act surprised when it happens again - or twice again.

I would be a bit gun-shy after that first drop and would tend to stay out of that sort of thing until I had an answer to "What's going on?
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Horseman - Sanctuary
    Horseman - Sanctuary Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Just wondering if PWI is going to reimburse me the 2 GAs i lost due to the server crashes ... seems that when ive come back on twice ive been dead while i wasnt even engaged in fighting yet when i lose my connection.

It seems i can run around in PWI for 30 secs - 1 minute before the client tells me i have disconnected, i cant fly or attack or anything merely run around, so i can only assume that between me not being able to do anything and actually being booted from the game that ive managed to get aggro and die ... which is a bit unfortunate as its completely outside my control ...

So how about it PWI ... GAs and some silence money please b:pleased
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Just wondering if PWI is going to reimburse me the 2 GAs i lost due to the server crashes ... seems that when ive come back on twice ive been dead while i wasnt even engaged in fighting yet when i lose my connection.

It seems i can run around in PWI for 30 secs - 1 minute before the client tells me i have disconnected, i cant fly or attack or anything merely run around, so i can only assume that between me not being able to do anything and actually being booted from the game that ive managed to get aggro and die ... which is a bit unfortunate as its completely outside my control ...

So how about it PWI ... GAs and some silence money please b:pleased
    Here a little tidbit from the ToS:
    PWE provides free-to-play, multi-player online Games to registered users and related features, functions and services available through the Website, such as community forums and other interactive areas. To access our Games, you may be required to download and install certain client software, and such access entails the use of hardware, software and Internet access (which you acknowledge play a crucial role in your user experience). You agree that PWE is not responsible for any hardware, software or Internet access, quality, suitability or unavailability issues. PWE does not provide Internet access, and you are responsible for all fees relating to telephone and Internet access charges along with all necessary equipment, servicing, repair or correction incurred in maintaining connectivity to the servers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    omg you turned into me, stop doing my joke man ):!
    god i set all the cool trends
  • Horseman - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Here a little tidbit from the ToS:

I dont believe that had any relevance, as far as i can tell ive paid for something and not received the use/value of that good ... which has nothing to do with what access they do or dont provide nor whose responsibility the internet cost is ...
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I for one find them sexy.b:kissb:dirty
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    what i dont understand is why it seems to be happening more to some people than to others. for me, it DCed at the same time both days, at about 5.30a or so CST. the main difference is that this time, it didnt take down the forums, just the game, and i was able to sign back into the game right away...my son and i had been grinding for element essences, when the game crashed. fortunately, this time we had both been on the road and no mobs had walked across where i was, and he had been on his 'pancake fish' in the air, and so was safe.

but why only the two times for us here in kansas, and multi for others? thats what i dont get?
    b:question

It is not them. ISP is doing this. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
    edited May 2009
    fox, their ISP is what hosts the games, when the ISP is down the game goes down
    edited May 2009
    PWE provides free-to-play, multi-player online Games to registered users and related features, functions and services available through the Website, such as community forums and other interactive areas. To access our Games, you may be required to download and install certain client software, and such access entails the use of hardware, software and Internet access (which you acknowledge play a crucial role in your user experience). You agree that PWE is not responsible for any hardware, software or Internet access, quality, suitability or unavailability issues. PWE does not provide Internet access, and you are responsible for all fees relating to telephone and Internet access charges along with all necessary equipment, servicing, repair or correction incurred in maintaining connectivity to the servers.
    ary, if youre gunna use my point that destroys their entire case, you has to bring out the relevant part, people dont read!

basically you agree they arent liable when you sign up >_>
  • aryannamage
    edited May 2009
    ary, if youre gunna use my point that destroys their entire case, you has to bring out the relevant part, people dont read!

Sorry! b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Horseman - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009

You agree that PWE is not responsible for any hardware, software or Internet access, quality, suitability or unavailability issues

Where exactly does that state that they arent responsible for monetary loss via in game problems not of my design?

It says

Hardware - not complaining about that
    Software - not complaining about that
    Internet Access - see above
    Quality - see above
    Suitability - see above
    Unavailability - see above

What i am complaining about is the loss of items DUE to PWI ... and i wish to be reimbursed for MY monetary loss due to their problems ... no where have i complained about the things listed in that excerpt from the TOS.
    edited May 2009
    you lost your items due to HARDWARE, and INTERNET ACCESS ISSUES. therefore you follow under the case in my interpretation of this matter. if you agree they arent liable, you lose :O
  • Horseman - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    you lost your items due to HARDWARE, and INTERNET ACCESS ISSUES. therefore you follow under the case in my interpretation of this matter. if you agree they arent liable, you lose :O

Cause of monetary loss is irrelevant, if PWI is at fault (and they are) they should reimburse, its a very loose interpretation that you take which is your personal choice but in no way makes you correct.
  • aryannamage
    edited May 2009
    I don't know how may times I said it now...

PWE is not at fault for the downtime of the last two days. The ISP hosting the West servers and forums is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Horseman - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Ive not once complained about the down time, PWI is responsible for my being out of pocket ... the fact is i paid for something ... THEY received the money and i got NOTHING for that money, thats tantamount to theft.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    PWE does not owe you a thing anyway no matter what. THEY own the game THEY own everything in it. Including your character and everything you have. YOU own NOTHING.

You never have and you never will. Every dollar you give them is considered a DONATION. They don't have to give you a darn thing for it. Be glad they do.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    if PWI is at fault (and they are)

Except well... It's not their fault... at all.

Anyway you can find Terms of Service here: http://www.perfectworld.com/about/terms, or just scroll down to the very bottom of every single page and click on them.
    PWE may charge fees to access and acquire certain game items or participate in game activities on the Website and may allow the purchase of in game "points" that may be applied to the purchase of in game items or activities ("Zen") ANY APPLICABLE ZEN, FEES AND OTHER CHARGES ARE PAYABLE IN ADVANCE AND ARE NON REFUNDABLE AND NONTRANSFERABLE, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FOR ANY REASON. ZEN HAVE NO MONETARY VALUE AND CANNOT BE REDEEMED FOR CASH.

* (b) You acknowledge that the Service may be interrupted for reasons beyond the control of PWE, and PWE cannot guarantee that you will be able to access the Services or your Account whenever you may wish to do so. PWE shall not be liable for any interruption of the Services, delay or failure to perform resulting from any causes whatsoever.
    * (d) PWE is not be obligated to refund all or any portion of any Account fee (if any), by reason of any interruption of the Services by reason of any of the circumstances described in paragraph (a) or (b).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Horseman - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009

You never have and you never will. Every dollar you give them is considered a DONATION. They don't have to give you a darn thing for it. Be glad they do.

Id love to see that argued in court.

No sir they didnt pay for that GA infact we gave it to them free of charge in return for their donation ... *facepalm*
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited May 2009

No sir they didnt pay for that GA infact we gave it to them free of charge in return for their donation ... *facepalm*

Then take them to court, and explain it to a Judge.

We can read, and we already know you don't have a case.

And we've tried to explain it to you, and you don't care.

Do you think you can argue with us long enough we will agree with you that the sky is green and orange plaid?

\give you 2/10 on the troll scale
    \\next time blame Liberals or something
    \\\love them slashies
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Lacrimosa - Harshlands
    Lacrimosa - Harshlands Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited May 2009

It's not exactly an obligation to purchase zen. I understand (or trying to) you're saying is that, "I paid this amount of money, I deserve a quality product/service."

But you have to understand that there are some factors that are out of their control. There were problems with their ISP and the game and forums were unavailable, ok. That resulted in you lagging and lead to death. But you say that it's because of the game's coding, you died. This is where nothing can be really done. When you disconnect from a server abruptly, you sometimes notice that a players 'ghost' remains. Whether it's the server or the connection on the players end, they may or may not still suffer the repercussions of that.

Nothing is ever perfect.
    edited May 2009

No...just...no. GA's are what...30 cents or so...? You're really gonna take a company to court...for less than a dollar? How f'king old are you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    All a judge would do is fine the guy for wasting the courts time since he has 0 chance of getting anything.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Defected - Heavens Tear
    Defected - Heavens Tear Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'll take the case!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Changed my mind. Permanently Retired - Only here to troll.
    edited May 2009
    I'll take the case!

Only you, defected... *pats shoulder* ...only you.

Well, you and Harvey Birdman.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Maddrox - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Is he serious about the court thing, that would be the stupidest thing i've ever heard. I'd slap this horseman if i could. =.="
    edited May 2009
    This is what I say to his claim to taking this to court...

ಠ_ಠ

...really?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Every dollar you give them is considered a DONATION. They don't have to give you a darn thing for it. Be glad they do.

no its not, read the TOS , it clearly falls under payment category, not to mention most donation loopholes require that a donation does not give a specific item (as related to lawsuits with private servers and their "donation" system)
    these are "donations" so pw is a nonprofit corp? b:chuckle, and totally not a subsidiary of a globally traded company?
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    This is what I say to his claim to taking this to court...

ಠ_ಠ

...really?

ಠ_ಠ

Ownt b:victoryb:bye