Super Agroo WTF

glenion
glenion Posts: 4 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Blademaster
Ok so my friend had this situation a few days ago.

She go to kill the Luminoc boss with some 70+ herc, a lvl66 Barb, a lvl 66BM, 1 archer, 1 cleric, and my friend a lvl62 BM. Now my friend is generally crappily armored. But I made her an HH60 blade cause she kinda needed a weapon. So this is what happens. Generally, she aint much of a skill user so she deals just regular damage.

My friend using the HH60 blade pulls agroo from the herc and die due to lack of healing. Then archer pulls agroo. Cleric heals archer. Boss attacks cleric and the whole party gets skewered.

Second time the barb tanks and my friend uses a weaker lvl62 3*pole (due to lack of mastery skills). Again, she pulls agroo and the the whole party gets screwed.

Third time she tanks. And this time no agroo was stolen and the boss got killed.

so WTF happened. She's lower lvled, skill deprived, no refined weapon(or not much). And she's probably too poor to put in good gems into her weapons.(she can't even afford her cs quest).
Why did she pull aggroo so well? I noticed she has a high agroo rate in HH as well.
Post edited by glenion on

Comments

• meaangirl
    meaangirl Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Barb sux @ tanking.
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    glenion wrote: »

She go to kill the Luminoc boss with some 70+ herc, a lvl66 Barb, a lvl 66BM, 1 archer, 1 cleric, and my friend a lvl62 BM. Now my friend is generally crappily armored. But I made her an HH60 blade cause she kinda needed a weapon. So this is what happens. Generally, she aint much of a skill user so she deals just regular damage.

My friend using the HH60 blade pulls agroo from the herc and die due to lack of healing. Then archer pulls agroo. Cleric heals archer. Boss attacks cleric and the whole party gets skewered.

Second time the barb tanks and my friend uses a weaker lvl62 3*pole (due to lack of mastery skills). Again, she pulls agroo and the the whole party gets screwed.

Third time she tanks. And this time no agroo was stolen and the boss got killed.

so WTF happened. She's lower lvled, skill deprived, no refined weapon(or not much). And she's probably too poor to put in good gems into her weapons.(she can't even afford her cs quest).
    Why did she pull aggroo so well? I noticed she has a high agroo rate in HH as well.

Was the herc at a low level? They may just need to get a better aggro skill for it, I believe the good one is called roar or something.
  • Seablue - Sanctuary
    Seablue - Sanctuary Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Single blades pull aggro easier with normal attacks. As long as she got her blade mastery up to date, her damage shouldn't be too bad.

My guess is that she have DD type stats, low vit high str/dex, and like to spam double spark.

The archer was probably controlling his damage or something. The herc might not have learned bash.

EDIT: dunno how she did it with the pole without pole mastery *shrug* unless the barb suck real bad
  • Bashusilly - Heavens Tear
    Bashusilly - Heavens Tear Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Sounds like a barb that didnt know what they were doing. Everyone in the group should not be pulling aggro from him....not even the herc. Sounds to me like they were trying to use the Herc as the tank and the barb was just whacking away instead of running boss control.

Anyway, the single blade is gonna do more damage, and, if she used myriad or atmos and got a crit, she could have pulled aggro before the archer. Archer usually has a better chance a pulling it though....

Or, even a perfectly timed stream strike can have the same effect
    Don't let my level confuse you. I've done this before.
    Leader-Vandals-Heavens Tear
  • Lareish - Harshlands
    Lareish - Harshlands Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    It sounds like your friend had the best attack strength; it's probably a combination of their stats and any boosts from the weapon.

The Barb and Herc were not dealing enough damage. They might have been under-statted, under-equipped, or just weren't using their skills right. Perhaps the skills weren't leveled up as much as the BM's. The Archer dealt better damage than both, but the Cleric was more powerful (higher level? better stats? stronger skill?) so the Archer couldn't hold the Aggro after the heal.

Since your friend the BM was able to tank, and hold aggro even when the Cleric healed, the BM had the best attack/strength stats compared to the others, and compared to the Cleric's magic level. This probably won't hold true in most parties where the BM has the lowest level, unless they're brilliant about leveling skills or distributing points. I'm guessing the squad was just plain unbalanced.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harshlands || Lareish (Wz), Enraged Executor || AKA Howl Leader Garmr

~~ ~~~ The semi-sane, optimistic cynic with a light heart. ~~~ ~~
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    My guess: The barb and the herc were terrible.
  • Esteban - Harshlands
    Esteban - Harshlands Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Horrible barb :( Flesh realm never misses so the only excuse is the chi... And you guys had a veno in party... so not really an excuse... Just horrible barb :(

BTW gratz lyndura on 90... I remember when I made my first char you were just 78 :o
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited May 2009
    Sounds more like party didn't let tanker get aggro and just all started attacking at the same time, thinking barb/herc will instantly hold aggro just because.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Fail barb + veno needs to buy Herc an aggro skill.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Fail barb.

General note: herc isnt that great at holding aggro even with lvl 4-5 bash. He may be a god in terms of damage at TT (cause of reflect and no damage reduction), but his skills in holding aggro on a boss (say, kong and chrono bosses) suck and an archer will easily steal aggro from the herc.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • guacanagarix
    guacanagarix Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    glenion wrote: »

The boss went after the sword guy. Even after he did not have the sword anymore, the mob knew he could get it again.

Sword is badass