Physical Attack or Accuracy

HeadTrauma - Harshlands
HeadTrauma - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Blademaster
So, I just got my GX last night and now I have to decide what to socket it with. I am using Incomparables (Grade 10 shards) provided by my guild, and I already have 1 amber (+150 accuracy) in it. I will soon be getting it 2 sockets and am debating which type of gem to put in the second one.

The garnet would add 50 physical attack, which is pretty nice. My axes are currently +9 and should be +10 in a week or so. With berzerk, obviously the more damage you can add, the better, but in pvp damage is reduced, so I'm not sure how valuable it would really be.

Another amber shard would be an additional 150 accuracy, which by virtue of my misty forest ring, would be 225. This seems pretty substantial. I just don't know if my acc has reached a point of deminishing returns. I have a 100 dex build, and I already have a 95% chance to hit belial...I wish I knew how this translated into pvp.

I was just hoping that maybe some of the more experienced Blademasters out there could weigh in on this. This is a decision that I will be stuck with for the rest of my PWI life, so I would like to make the right choice. Thanks for reading and for any advice that you may have.

HeadTrauma - 90 Hell WR - Harshlands
Post edited by HeadTrauma - Harshlands on

Comments

• Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    What is your total accuracy?
    Are you planning to get one or two Rings of Ring of Mastadon's Strength?
    What will you add your points in your next levels, VIT or DEX?

With 272 STR a G10 garnet will increase your physical attack by 141, is that better than 150~225 accuracy?
  • Aragorn - Harshlands
    Aragorn - Harshlands Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Never got a chance to congrats last night because I didn't have a tele on me and I was no where near the cat vendors, but congrats on getting it!

I know I am probably getting one of those Misty Forest Rings pretty soon. Just waiting for the price to drop on it a bit. I would go with accuracy, but I am a first time BM myself.
  • Division - Harshlands
    Division - Harshlands Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Gogogo Accuracy :d
  • AsHeZ - Harshlands
    AsHeZ - Harshlands Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    As a hell WR you can already dish out a considerable amount of pain very quickly (depending on crit/zerk luck) and there's nothing more annoying than seeing a "miss" after executing one of your main damage moves.

So, If you're going to continue with your current build and not planning on restatting to full DEX + heavily refined gear ~ Accuracy shards are the way to go.

2 rings of Mastadon's Strength are just icing on the cake ^_^

The above comments were with regards to PvP performance.
    For PvE: physical damage shards all the way :)

Hope that helps.
  • Grenadier_LT - Harshlands
    Grenadier_LT - Harshlands Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    if u have just 100dex -_- and won't change it...obvious need acc...