Twilight Temple Question

Talibkweli - Dreamweaver
Talibkweli - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Venomancer
Okay i have been hearing that a herc is the best way or one of the best way to make money...

at what lvl can the herc tank all boss in TT.
solo vs. party
which one is can do at herc 65?
and where are the boss located at!?
which run needs substance and how many do i need?
Post edited by Talibkweli - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    XKIAx - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    You can basically solo any TT that you can open yourself. At level 65 you can only do 1-1, you might be able to do 1-2, but you cant open it yet and it is risky.
    http://vanaheim.the-aria.com/pw/tt/

I'm not sure about the usub requirements for some solo runs, since i never do solo mode.

TT1-1 solo mode, solo everything. (requires 1 usub)
    TT1-1 squad mode, forget about drummer boss. (drummer does AOE damage)

TT1-2 solo mode, same as TT1-1 solo mode (2 usub needed i think)
    TT1-2 squad mode, forget about drummer and soul banisher (both do AOE damage) requires 1 usub

TT1-3 solo mode, same as TT1-2 solo mode (2 usub needed)
    TT1-3 squad mode (same as TT1-2 squad mode) need 1 usub

TT2-1 solo mode, solo everything (2-3 usub i think) (NOTE: Fataliqua does short range AOE damage in solo mode. He does NO AOE damage in squad mode)
    TT2-1 squad mode. (2 usub) Forget about wurlord and Feng. Feng does repeated small AOE damage and AOE HP debuff, i've never tried to solo him. Might be possible with pots/apoth stuff/HP charm. About Wurlord: Wurlord's phys + mag attack > Herc. And you have to lure and kill him 4 times to get mats.

TT2-2 solo mode. (2-3 usub i think) Same as TT2-1 solo. Note Fataliqua still does AOE damage.
    TT2-2 squad mode. (2 usub) Same as TT2-1 squad mode. Also, forget about Astralwalker, his summoned minions will rip your herc apart.

TT2-3 solo mode. (3 usubs probably) Same as TT2-1.
    TT2-3 squad mode. (2 usub) Same as TT2-2. Forget about astralwalker and lol, dont even think of going for ancient evil.

TT3-1 solo mode. (3 usubs i think) Solo everything.
    TT3-1 squad mode. (3 usubs) You can tank and kill any boss. Some of them are hard to get to (steelation). You cant however kill Djinscream. Its not possible for 1 person. You have 4 mins to kill him, if you dont, you die, period. And after his death, a door opens to other bosses (i forgot which one/two), so its basically a waste to do 3-1 squad mode on your own.

From here on i've never done any of these runs, so i'll just give my opinion.
    TT3-2 solo mode. (3 usubs?) Probably the same as TT3-1 solo, just stronger bosses.
    TT3-2 squad mode. (3 usubs?) Same as TT3-1, again just stronger bosses. 2 new bosses here that are not in 3-1. Twilight minister and Twilight emperor. I have no info on them.

TT3-3 solo mode (4 usubs probably). Same as TT3-1/3-2, with added stronger bosses.
    TT3-3 squad mode (3-4 usubs probably). Same as TT3-2, with added Illusion Lord. All i can say about him is OMG PAIN. b:cry

As for boss locations. Best is to go to http://pwdatabase.com/pwi and do a search on the bosses, it'll give you exact locations and HP/pdef/stats too.

Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong :P
  • Vidalaire - Heavens Tear
    Vidalaire - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Corrections:

It is possible to tank Astral if you position your Herc correctly. Be aware that the adds explode with a physical aoe attack if you don't kill them in time. Bring pots/apoth/charm.

3-1 squad is the most profitable to do actually. Djinn drops Evil minion horns and Shell. The one boss you can't reach drops Sorc Hands. Those mats aren't the most expensive(except for the Shell) so you aren't missing out on much. The bosses you can do drop mats worth a lot. Especially the gold mats and Giant Beast Armor. Beast Armor goes for 900k-1M each.
  • Breathe - Lost City
    Breathe - Lost City Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'm not sure about the usub requirements for some solo runs, since i never do solo mode.

TT1-1 solo mode, solo everything. (requires 1 usub)
    TT1-1 squad mode, forget about drummer boss. (drummer does AOE damage)

TT1-2 solo mode, same as TT1-1 solo mode (2 usub needed i think)
    TT1-2 squad mode, forget about drummer and soul banisher (both do AOE damage) requires 1 usub

TT1-3 solo mode, same as TT1-2 solo mode (2 usub needed)
    TT1-3 squad mode (same as TT1-2 squad mode) need 1 usub

TT2-1 solo mode, solo everything (2-3 usub i think) (NOTE: Fataliqua does short range AOE damage in solo mode. He does NO AOE damage in squad mode)
    TT2-1 squad mode. (2 usub) Forget about wurlord and Feng. Feng does repeated small AOE damage and AOE HP debuff, i've never tried to solo him. Might be possible with pots/apoth stuff/HP charm. About Wurlord: Wurlord's phys + mag attack > Herc. And you have to lure and kill him 4 times to get mats.

TT2-2 solo mode. (2-3 usub i think) Same as TT2-1 solo. Note Fataliqua still does AOE damage.
    TT2-2 squad mode. (2 usub) Same as TT2-1 squad mode. Also, forget about Astralwalker, his summoned minions will rip your herc apart.

TT2-3 solo mode. (3 usubs probably) Same as TT2-1.
    TT2-3 squad mode. (2 usub) Same as TT2-2. Forget about astralwalker and lol, dont even think of going for ancient evil.

The amount of subs for solo go with the first number of TT, for instance 1-2 will need 1 sub, 2-1 will need 2 subs.
  • derahan
    derahan Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    in TT3.1 how do you get to Steelation? i am not able to summon pet anywhere on the floor the east entrance to him is. and the door that leads to coredash cloese after i kill him so when i die there seems to be no way to get to steelation.
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Corrections:

It is possible to tank Astral if you position your Herc correctly. Be aware that the adds explode with a physical aoe attack if you don't kill them in time. Bring pots/apoth/charm.

3-1 squad is the most profitable to do actually. Djinn drops Evil minion horns and Shell. The one boss you can't reach drops Sorc Hands. Those mats aren't the most expensive(except for the Shell) so you aren't missing out on much. The bosses you can do drop mats worth a lot. Especially the gold mats and Giant Beast Armor. Beast Armor goes for 900k-1M each.

For Astral, don't waste you time killing adds. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC3mfEvFFCE (For Astral positioning - though if you're on a chain I think it will work anywhere, haven't been able to test myself, yet.)

Djinn is not soloable. Djinn is better known as 4 Min Boss. You need a full squad for it or else you and your pet will get one shot at the end of four minutes. Sorc Hand boss (looks like Sonic Oppressor) hits very hard and very fast. Even at my level I am unable to DD on him and can only manage to get my debuffs off in rare instances when he's channeling. GBAs go for 1-2m. On HT anyway.

derahan wrote: »
    in TT3.1 how do you get to Steelation? i am not able to summon pet anywhere on the floor the east entrance to him is. and the door that leads to coredash cloese after i kill him so when i die there seems to be no way to get to steelation.

There is another room that is open that leads to other rooms and the hallway behind his room. You should be able to go that way. I know it's somewhere else on the top or second floor. =/ Just run around a couple times and I'm sure you will come across it. Be prepared to kill a couple dozen mobs though. If you handle your herc well, I'm pretty sure it's safer to go that way, but I don't remember.

**I will repost once I am more sure of everything.

Squad mode will yield better drops than solo mode. I have solo'd 2-1 Feng at L95, but I had over 5k HP then and it debuffed 2.2k HP by the time he died. That was in squad mode by the way.

By L90, TT1-1/2 Drummer boss will only tickle and you'll be able to survive with HP pots (erm, possibly provided you aren't pure magic).

2-2/3 Ape you should be able to tank by L95+ with redball (bring DDs or it's hella slow and eats way too much of cleric's charm). Today I had the opportunity to tank Wurlord in 2-2. Granted, I have about 8.3k HP with barb buff, but I was able to do it with only BB. I used BH and chi pots along with HP Jiaozi. My charm ticked now and then. Don't tank unless you have or crazy enough to try to (want to).

3-1 is doable at L80 with good -% channeling to make it easier. I suggest chan pots for scary moments.
  • derahan
    derahan Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    behind coredashs room yes there is a hallway.. however the door that leads to steelation was closed when i got there. may need to kill steelation 1st or so. i do not know if that door was open b4 i killed coredash.... and what is redball?
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Djinn is not soloable. Djinn is better known as 4 Min Boss. You need a full squad for it or else you and your pet will get one shot at the end of four minutes.

I'm pretty sure this comes from Venos who rely on their Hercs too much. A Scorpion can tank this boss. A Scorpion with the right skills can far out damage a Herc with the common skill set. Then there's all the debuffs like Ironwood, Myriad*2, Amp Damage, Exreme Poison, and Howl that can be cycled. *Not sure if Howl is worth bothering with though since it takes 1.5s of attack time and your attacks pale in comparison to pet's. Weapon, refines, luck (especially with Myriad), shards, matk, etc come into play. Venos far out damage other chars on this boss, so even if it can't be soloed, 2 good venos should have no problem wtse.
    By L90, TT1-1/2 Drummer boss will only tickle and you'll be able to survive with HP pots (erm, possibly provided you aren't pure magic).

Pure Magic has little to do with it. I'm pure mag and my pdef is equivalent to mdef in fox form with my alt equips.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    and what is redball?
    Cleric skill that increases channeling speed and damage done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/skillpwi.php
    Heaven's Wrath

Requisite Cultivation Transcendant
    Focus all of your vigor to form a mystical array with
    a radius of 20 meters. Consuming 500 mana every 5 seconds,
    increases the attack rate and channelling speed of squad
    members 20% and increases any weapon attack damage bonuses
    by 100%. Skill will not stop until you click cancel or
    press ESC.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    tweakz wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure this comes from Venos who rely on their Hercs too much. A Scorpion can tank this boss. A Scorpion with the right skills can far out damage a Herc with the common skill set. Then there's all the debuffs like Ironwood, Myriad*2, Amp Damage, Exreme Poison, and Howl that can be cycled. *Not sure if Howl is worth bothering with though since it takes 1.5s of attack time and your attacks pale in comparison to pet's. Weapon, refines, luck (especially with Myriad), shards, matk, etc come into play. Venos far out damage other chars on this boss, so even if it can't be soloed, 2 good venos should have no problem wtse.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't. But hey, if you make a vid without editting time of you soloing 4min boss without getting one shot anywhere in there, I will believe you. Yes, I am a Doubting Thomas. I need proof.

tweakz wrote: »
    Pure Magic has little to do with it. I'm pure mag and my pdef is equivalent to mdef in fox form with my alt equips.

Ah, but it does. Especially if the person doesn't know how to handle their character properly. And depending on the instance and boss they are doing, they may not be using Fox Form. Even if they have FF it may not be maxed out = lower defense. Thus, a boss could shread them. Of course, you probably wear a charm too. What if they don't?
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    No way can you kill djin on your own. The buffs wear off pretty quick, and once they do you kill at a pathetically slow pace. Even if you use a scorp and debuff it with everything you have you will still not stand a chance.

Question: can you get to doggy on squad 2-3 on your own?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    axt57 wrote: »

Definitely! Rushing on your own is fun! You don't have to wait for clerics or wizzies to catch up. b:victory Once your in, don't let your pet die or die yourself. If you must die in Doggy's room, bring a ress scroll so you can get up after he resets.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I'm pretty sure it doesn't. But hey, if you make a vid without editting time of you soloing 4min boss without getting one shot anywhere in there, I will believe you. Yes, I am a Doubting Thomas. I need proof.

You are forgeting that tweakz scorpion has claw.... with amp, genie skills, two different myriads, ironwood. I am sure you can keep that boss very debuff pretty much all the time.

If you are unlucky and do not get any armor breaks, than it will be close, if you get one armor break every 5-6 casts, on top of everything else, pretty sure it is possible.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    axt57 wrote: »
    No way can you kill djin on your own. The buffs wear off pretty quick, and once they do you kill at a pathetically slow pace. Even if you use a scorp and debuff it with everything you have you will still not stand a chance.

Djin is perfectly doable... in theory.

His hp are known, his physical/magic resist is known, accurate measurements of pet dps are known. The only potential variable (what what ends up being necessary) is your own dps. Here you go since I just posted it recently, I worked out the math on what you would need player damage wise. In reality you could do it with a little less as I used a level 90 scorpion, a level 95 or even 100 scorpion would lower the bar needed from your own nukes by quite a bit, and didn't include the effect of multiplicative effects (It's probably best to ignore the average from myriad and such anyways due to the low chances of getting them). If I knew the attack of a 95 or 100 scorpion I would be happy to work it out.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=5244062&postcount=15
    You are forgeting that tweakz scorpion has claw.... with amp, genie skills, two different myriads, ironwood. I am sure you can keep that boss very debuff pretty much all the time.

If you are unlucky and do not get any armor breaks, than it will be close, if you get one armor break every 5-6 casts, on top of everything else, pretty sure it is possible.

If you check that link above, you'll see that breaks are mostly irrelevant. You're facing 24% physical, 19% water, and 28% other resists. Due to sage IW the physical is actually reduced to 16%, meaning you (or more importantly since it was figured for arcane... the pet) is getting 84% of damage through. An armor break for 9 seconds only adds 19.05% damage (more with amp/poison on) for 9 seconds. That certainly helps, but lacking it isn't going to break you. Plus, assuming an armor break is a 20% chance, there's only going to be enough chi to use 6 myriads (without giving up sparks, which are more damage) meaning there's a 75% chance of seeing an armor break over the fight. If it's a 10% chance that drops to a 47% chance of getting a single break. Either way, that's not something to be relying on.

If I had a scorpion with claw (to say nothing of simply having a scorpion) I would give it a try. I imagine that at 95 with a 95 claw scorpion the requirement on my nuking power would be substantially less.