Proxies

Options
Yamiino - Heavens Tear
Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Support Desk
[Edit]
Oh wait O_o I just checked and HeavensTear said "---" on latency o.O is that normal?
[/Edit]

Well, my problem is related to open proxies.
I use proxies every time I go out with my computer to connect to public wi-fi, and just tried using the proxy to connect to the game, to see if it works, however it never loaded after the login screen.

On the forums, I had to disable it to be able to log in.

Would there be any chance to disable that?

I know it would interrupt some of the moderation ingame / forum via IP, however, when I go out (most of the time) i bring my computer with me and connect at a starbucks or such and would be a nice thing to go ingame without the worry of being sidejacked at starbucks or any other public wi-fi.

Thank you and hopefully this will be changed.
WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
Post edited by Yamiino - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• shnuggles
    shnuggles Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    [Edit]
    Oh wait O_o I just checked and HeavensTear said "---" on latency o.O is that normal?
    [/Edit]

Well, my problem is related to open proxies.
    I use proxies every time I go out with my computer to connect to public wi-fi, and just tried using the proxy to connect to the game, to see if it works, however it never loaded after the login screen.

On the forums, I had to disable it to be able to log in.

Would there be any chance to disable that?

I know it would interrupt some of the moderation ingame / forum via IP, however, when I go out (most of the time) i bring my computer with me and connect at a starbucks or such and would be a nice thing to go ingame without the worry of being sidejacked at starbucks or any other public wi-fi.

Thank you and hopefully this will be changed.

Unfortunately, the risk you are trying to avoid would be a shared concern with our company. Proxies are strictly against our rules here. Sorry to be a downer :( we have to protect ourselves too.
    -Your friendly neighborhood Shnuggs-
    [PWE Billing]
    Perfect World Entertainment Customer Support System

"Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error."
    -Andrew Jackson

Shnuggles [Shh-nugg-ulls]
    -proper noun
    1. He who turns negativity into giddiness.
    2. Has an IRL cat that plays fetch b:victory
  • hideki2
    hideki2 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Oh wow, just when you posted that I got banned.
    It is obvious that the person that banned me did not see the reason (this post) of why I was trying to use one.

It was a simple "I want to play your game from the outside without the worry of being ****" and because of that I got a ban for I don't know how long, already sent a support ticket about it yesterday.

I did not try to ****, exploit, whatever the banning reasons are, just tested a proxie to connect to the game.

If PWI has logs, they will be able to see that I did nothing, just got in and immediately left, thats wrong? :/

I hope my main account will be unbanned since I was loving this game, wanted to get to level 30 these days, else guess I will have to find out other game again...

TOS states under point 15:
    You agree not to use any hardware or software, including but not limited to third party tools, or any other method of support which may in any way influence or give you an advantage in the use of the Services which is not authorized by PWE, including but not limited to the use of ‘bots’ and/or any other method by which the Service may be played automatically without human input.

If thats the term to not use proxies it needs to be clarified :/

Under point 20:
    * (a) WHEN USING THE SERVICES, THE SOFTWARE MAY MONITOR YOUR COMPUTER'S RANDOM ACCESS MEMORY (RAM) AND/OR CPU PROCESSES FOR UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAMS RUNNING CONCURRENTLY WITH THE SOFTWARE. AN “UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM” AS USED HEREIN SHALL BE DEFINED AS ANY THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY “ADD-ON” OR “MOD,” THAT IN PWE’S SOLE DETERMINATION: (i) ENABLES OR FACILITATES CHEATING OF ANY TYPE; (ii) ALLOWS USERS TO MODIFY OR **** THE SOFTWARE INTERFACE, ENVIRONMENT, AND/OR EXPERIENCE IN ANY WAY NOT EXPRESSLY AUTHORIZED BY PWE; OR (iii) INTERCEPTS, “MINES,” OR OTHERWISE COLLECTS INFORMATION FROM OR THROUGH THE SOFTWARE. IN THE EVENT THAT THE SOFTWARE DETECTS AN UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM, IT MAY COMMUNICATE INFORMATION BACK TO PWE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION YOUR ACCOUNT NAME, DETAILS ABOUT THE UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM DETECTED, AND THE TIME AND DATE THE UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM WAS DETECTED; AND/OR AND PERFECT WORLD ENTERTAINMNET MAY EXERCISE ANY OR ALL OF ITS RIGHTS UNDER THIS SECTION OF THE AGREEMENT, WITH OR WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE TO THE USER.
    * (b) PWE MAY MONITOR OR RECORD YOUR CHAT SESSIONS AND OTHER ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION TRANSMITTED OR RECEIVED THROUGH THE GAME OR THE SERVICE AND YOU CONSENT TO SUCH MONITORING OR RECORDING.
    * (c) You may not hold PWE responsible for any loss resulting from your use of the Service or any in-game trading activities. You may not hold PWE responsible for any information that is passed between players. PWE does not guarantee the safe keeping of information that is passed between players and will not be held responsible for any resulting losses or consequences arising from the improper use of said information. You may not hold PWE responsible for any in-game feature or item loss. PWE does not guarantee the availability of any in-game items, any Services or any levels to players.

Proxies do nothing of the above anyway q.q

And please do not ban this account, I ONLY want to know why was I banned from nowhere for trying to protect my self.
  • hideki2
    hideki2 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Wow this makes me so sad... no reply so far from the ticket i sent, nor here so far =_______=

I know you do have a hard time on giving support, however if actions are taken in 2 minutes (i was banned right the time i tested my proxy as stated on the first post), replies should be the same way don't you think? I mean like really punishments go right thru though resolutions take a while.

I've been like refreshing this page and my email inbox all day waiting for the reply.

I know PWE can ban with or without notice, yet it is not polite, as you said we are guests and you're hosts, so threatening your guests is not very nice to see.

And I mean this because of this quote on point 18 of PWE TOS:
    PWE MAY SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY, BLOCK ACCESS TO OR DELETE THE SERVICE OR ANY ACCOUNT AT ANY TIME WITH OR WITHOUT REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE.

Huh? That means, PWE has the right to block access to whoever they want for no reason at all, am I wrong?

This was just a misunderstanding, as I asked for support about proxies and got banned right when an administrator replied that it is not permited for x and y reasons, don't you think it is kind of rude to not ask what is going on before taking action over it or looking up the logs to track the last actions of the user? :/ Again, it is not my intention to be rude, I just want to clarify things up.

Thank you and I will keep refreshing this page until:

1. I get a reply / resolution about this missunderstanding.

2. A reasonable explanation of why my account was blocked for using a proxy to try to connect to the game.

3. This account being banned for no apparent reason. Guess after this post trying to solve my issue they will completly ban me as far as I see it... =.=; ah well 27th game... it is not my fault to be banned right when I got the answer ;/
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Every ticket send will get an answer so long as the GM's get it anyway. It just takes time as they have to go through each ticket one by one. Just be patient for now.

Closing this as issues such as yours are not discussed on this forum.

[CLOSED]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.