Unable to use Visa Gift Card??!?!?!

Options
Death - Harshlands
Death - Harshlands Posts: 139 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Support Desk
Ok, you have the $10 sale going on, so I rushed out to get a Visa Gift Card... Neither Google Checkout or Click and Buy will process my order, it says invalid card... yet, I go to the site, it says it's Active and registered to my details...

I'm sorely disappointed. :(

What to do? b:angry

EDIT: After cancelling two "declined" transactions, google decided to charge me $1 on my $50 gift card so I can't get the bonus Zen now, even if the problem gets fixed in time... I'm so steaming mad. Grrrr

EDIT 2: I guess I'll get that dollar back within 1-14 days. Umm... way to go PWI for not processing your own orders. :\
Post edited by Death - Harshlands on

Comments

• Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Ok, you have the $10 sale going on, so I rushed out to get a Visa Gift Card... Neither Google Checkout or Click and Buy will process my order, it says invalid card... yet, I go to the site, it says it's Active and registered to my details...

EDIT: After cancelling two "declined" transactions, google decided to charge me $1 on my $50 gift card so I can't get the bonus Zen now, even if the problem gets fixed in time... I'm so steaming mad. Grrrr

EDIT 2: I guess I'll get that dollar back within 1-14 days. Umm... way to go PWI for not processing your own orders. :\

Make sure you read the activation information on the gift card. I had made a guide about how to use them a long time ago but it never got stickied =P. The visa gift cards require you to go to a website and enter your billing information before you can use them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Death - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Yeah, I did activate and register it, but it didn't matter, google checkout still denied the purchase. :(
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Google checkout denying it really has nothing to do with PWE. Send google a ticket and ask them what is happening. As soon as their system says that your transaction went through to PWE they will give you zen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shnuggles
    shnuggles Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

Hello,

When you made your purchases, this is the message given by Google Checkout:

"The authorization of the customer's credit card failed. Google has sent an email instructing the customer to update their card. If they fail to provide a valid card within seven days, this order will be automatically cancelled by Google."

And we show that you allowed 2 minutes to go by before you canceled the payment. Your second attempt shows the exact same message but you only allowed one minute to pass before you canceled the purchase. You cannot place blame on Perfect World Entertainment for your purchases not processing if you only allowed a maximum of 120 seconds to pass before canceling the payment attempt.

All cards of any kind, gift, credit, debit, etc. will have the $1 authorization which is used by Google Checkout or PayPal or ClickandBuy to check the available funds in the funding source prior to the charge. So if your card was only $50, you would need that $1 extra for processing purposes which is always returned to the funding source since it is only an authorization. In the future, you need to be more patient and allow more time to go by for your purchase to process because payments will not always be instant. Remember that when you enter a purchase attempt, many different systems have to communicate the information to each other and process the payment. Next time, send us a ticket and ask what is happening before canceling the purchase cause in most cases, it can be resolved.
    -Your friendly neighborhood Shnuggs-
    [PWE Billing]
    Perfect World Entertainment Customer Support System

"Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error."
    -Andrew Jackson

Shnuggles [Shh-nugg-ulls]
    -proper noun
    1. He who turns negativity into giddiness.
    2. Has an IRL cat that plays fetch b:victory
  • Death - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Options
    shnuggles wrote: »
    When you made your purchases, this is the message given by Google Checkout:

"The authorization of the customer's credit card failed. Google has sent an email instructing the customer to update their card. If they fail to provide a valid card within seven days, this order will be automatically cancelled by Google."

DECLINED:

On May 24, an attempt to charge $50.00 for your order with Perfect World Entertainment failed. VISA xxx-xxxx has declined your card ending in xxxx. This may have occurred because of insufficient funds or as a precautionary measure against fraud.

1. You should call the phone number on the back of your card to resolve any issues
    2. Fix your card to resume your order: https://checkout.google.com/updateCreditCard

Once you have resolved all the issues, we'll continue processing your order. If you don't fix your card within seven days, your order will be cancelled.

There were no issues (as stated by the cardholder) with the card to resolve.

I have screenshots that weren't accepted by the ticketing system to provide if that's any help.

If it would have said delayed, pending or held, I wouldn't have cancelled. :(
  • shnuggles
    shnuggles Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    DECLINED:

On May 24, an attempt to charge $50.00 for your order with Perfect World Entertainment failed. VISA xxx-xxxx has declined your card ending in xxxx. This may have occurred because of insufficient funds or as a precautionary measure against fraud.

1. You should call the phone number on the back of your card to resolve any issues
    2. Fix your card to resume your order: https://checkout.google.com/updateCreditCard

Once you have resolved all the issues, we'll continue processing your order. If you don't fix your card within seven days, your order will be cancelled.

There were no issues (as stated by the cardholder) with the card to resolve.

I have screenshots that weren't accepted by the ticketing system to provide if that's any help.

Hello,

The message I have quoted that you have also quoted was straight from Google Checkout's merchant tool. Obviously we know that you just didn't have enough money on the card so once they drop the authorization on your attempts, you will be able to use the card again. The payment is not rejected by PWE, it was rejected by Google Checkout due to insufficient funds. As explained in my first post, you were short $1 because it is a pre-paid Visa.
    -Your friendly neighborhood Shnuggs-
    [PWE Billing]
    Perfect World Entertainment Customer Support System

"Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error."
    -Andrew Jackson

Shnuggles [Shh-nugg-ulls]
    -proper noun
    1. He who turns negativity into giddiness.
    2. Has an IRL cat that plays fetch b:victory
  • Death - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Options

Actually less helpful than I pessimistically would have imagined.

thx
This discussion has been closed.