Regarding boss luring

2»

Comments

• Bobncut - Sanctuary
    Bobncut - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited May 2009

the shortest of shorthand would be-and this is from mods/GMs i have talked to about this-is :no pulling the boss/miniboss anywhere. kill it where it is. period. no pulling jewel anywhere, no pulling chin, hero's tomb bosses, or any others...there is no reason to do so, other than griefing of others by sick, little minds who think thats funny.

People must LOVE having you in their party.

"Okay, pull the one on the left first."

"I can't do that! If we don't kill it where it is, we'll all get banned!"

Okay. I know you don't apply the rule quite like you claim a GM gave it to you, but this does highlight the fact that a set of rules based on abusing "bugs" and "glitches" when you then don't tell anyone either what things are bugs and glitches or what things are intentional elements of gameplay is absurd. I think we can all agree on that.
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited May 2009

GMs job is to ban players for inproper behavior. Yes they are loose on it and for good reason. Perfect example is valentines day event and Jewelscan. If you don't want to start a flame war and want cold, hard facts call a GM in here and let them wiegh in on it. As far as asking players you get opinions and some based off what they think the TOS means. Me personally I'm reading this as a person reading the TOS with ban hammer / rules **** mind and not my personal belief.

My point is this:

GM XYZ wakes up at 4:30 am because 4 cats are having an orgy next to his/her apartment in the alley. At 6:30 he/she makes a bowl of cerial and after taking one bite realise the milk is rancidly sour and almost puke on the kitchen table. He/she gives up, drives to mcdonalds drive tru for a mc-breakfast thingy and some ******* with a ford F350 truck rearends his/her car.
    A couple hours later GM XYZ arrives at the office and reads thru the lovely daily 10 million hatemails and other various annoying support tickets and a co-worker pulls a couple of pranks on him/her.

Do you thin that GM would still make proper descisions in game after all the sh.. sofar? And to make matters worse there is no clearcut "manual"/guide that sais "THIS = ban" just some vague "guidelines"

It should never be up to a human to decide on his/her own whether or not something is right or wrong. Our emotions and personal feelings toward certain things will ensure that we cannot be 100% fair with our decision making. For this reason the rules should be decided by a impartial system. AND these rules need to be available publicly so we KNOW beforehand what is unaceptable.

The game has limits -sure they are not that great. for example you shouldnt lose exp in a safe zone when you die. But at least these rules cant have a bad day that influence their outcome.
  • Foulcault - Heavens Tear
    Foulcault - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    The only thing going on in this thread is rules lawyering when the only people who enforce the rules is the GMs based on their judgement calls at the time based on the circumstances and context.

The GMs might ban someone for kiting a boss to an area where the party cannot get PKed, or they might not.

The GMs might ban someone for kiting a boss around the world, or they might not.

I am doing exactly that and agree with you 100%. Do what you want in PWI just don't be shocked if and when the ban hammer comes down. I had a friend who wondered why they got banned and laughed at them cause they saw others doing it. Rules are left vague cause there will be lawyers for and against doing something. You gotta cover it all.
  • Foulcault - Heavens Tear
    Foulcault - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    My point is this:...
    (edited for size)
    Do you thin that GM would still make proper descisions in game after all the sh.. sofar? And to make matters worse there is no clearcut "manual"/guide that sais "THIS = ban" just some vague "guidelines"

It should never be up to a human to decide on his/her own whether or not something is right or wrong. Our emotions and personal feelings toward certain things will ensure that we cannot be 100% fair with our decision making. For this reason the rules should be decided by a impartial system. AND these rules need to be available publicly so we KNOW beforehand what is unaceptable.

No one person does this and if they do they do have to answer to a higher authority. Again Valentines day is a great example....it took HOW LONG!....for them to finally come out an say knock it off or we will ban you. I bet one guy didn't just scratch his butt and make a system announcement without getting other GMs involved, etc. Also some of this comes down to proof and reporting. Most don't report and those that do don't have clear proof who did it. Infact my old guild when I warned one of my mates luring chin was a bannable offense I was told in more words to bug off cause noone would report him and it was for the lulz. I didn't chew him out just left it at that.

By the way... I thought the jewelscan at valentines day was kinda funny since I was one of them but could see the annoyance after it came to often.
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited May 2009

the shortest of shorthand would be-and this is from mods/GMs i have talked to about this-is :no pulling the boss/miniboss anywhere. kill it where it is. period. no pulling jewel anywhere, no pulling chin, hero's tomb bosses, or any others...there is no reason to do so, other than griefing of others by sick, little minds who think thats funny.
    People must LOVE having you in their party.

"Okay, pull the one on the left first."

"I can't do that! If we don't kill it where it is, we'll all get banned!"

Okay. I know you don't apply the rule quite like you claim a GM gave it to you, but this does highlight the fact that a set of rules based on abusing "bugs" and "glitches" when you then don't tell anyone either what things are bugs and glitches or what things are intentional elements of gameplay is absurd. I think we can all agree on that.
    lol, that would be the worst FB69/79 ever.

I don't see anything wrong with luring non-aoe bosses to prevent pk. As long as they're killing it, what's the problem? There isn't anything stopping anyone from kill stealing it away from them if they needed the boss as well.

Also, saying a safe zone shouldn't have monsters is ****. There are tons of monsters that spawn in safe zones. Everyone should've been banned already if that was illegal to attack/kill or even lure farther in. If you go to one of the ice towns in the north, if you stand there or afk long enough, you'll eventually lure a mob from outside of safe zone. You can probably even do the same for Harpy Wraith.
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Reminds me of this one time, when I went into PK mode and went into SP (to taunt the red names with my shiny white name) and someone lured Dismal Shade to the SZ, and I was AFKing and I came back to death. Karma's a *****. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Kamikiri - Lost City
    Kamikiri - Lost City Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I wasn't really paying attention to the chat window or other pkers. I noticed my HP started dropping a lot faster than it should've been, so I used the genie skill Tree of Protection, at which point I noticed my guildmate was dead and was telling that Phlame (an 8x archer) was attacking me and that I should run. Upon failing to kill me while I was holding the boss's aggro, Phlame apparently assumed I was a much higher level and ran away, however she waited in SZ and I didn't want to risk her coming back to try again.

Phlame b:shockedb:dirty :( Always running from me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಙೆ_ಙೆ Rage sauce face, it's my expression everytime you necro a thread. ~Made by Konariraiden!
  • Dreadmaul - Heavens Tear
    Dreadmaul - Heavens Tear Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    1 time... i accidentally aggro quillhog king, so i ran... it follwed me to tusk town... but after a certain distance, shouldnt it have left? b:cry i was pissing my pants lol