Level 45-50 grindish?

Azzarz - Heavens Tear
Azzarz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Wizard
Hi, lol im a lv 45 wizard and i have no more quests, daily quests have hlped a little but i have no idea where i should grind, my old spot doesnt work anymore(used to grind of lotus's lv 40 flying mob), anyone know where i should grind to lv 45-50?
Post edited by Azzarz - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Magicz - Dreamweaver
    Magicz - Dreamweaver Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Uh... do more fb's, grind on flying, water monsters, maybe Lofty's if you are ok with that
    Member of Dynasty! BTW RBorn died b:sad

ARCANE b:dirty > LIGHT b:surrender!!! b:angry b:angry b:angry

Current Goal: SPAM teh_fishey!

Highest PvE Attack: 22k on FB59 Drake Boss, non-sparked, non-critted, BM dragon, Veno Amped debuffed Sandstorm, lvl 62 Attack, ARCANE FTW!!! b:dirty
  • Chocooo - Lost City
    Chocooo - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Do the one man armies.
    You get some extra rep, while being able to keep count of the mobs you killed.
    I find being able to see how much mobs i've killed helps me lose the boredom of grinding.
    When grinding thousands of mobs over and over and over, without knowing how much i've done, I just fall asleep.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i grinded on the lvl 50 vipions at your lvl, near skull mountain and town of arrivals

oops wrong lvl lol

also at lvl 49 i started grinding on the foxwing supremes near etherblade
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I did a few DQs in the 40s, but there didn't seem to be that much grinding at the time, quests should have taken you through 70% or so.

One suggestion then if you're having trouble is grinding for money & just using CS to level, after quests this should only take 2~3 days (CS in the 40s gives 15% right?)

also at lvl 49 i started grinding on the foxwing supremes near etherblade

lol foxwings @ lv. 49... i call bs or typo b:thanks
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    lol foxwings @ lv. 49... i call bs or typo b:thanks
    It's possible to start grinding at foxwings pretty early if you get pyroshell/fire res gear.

Stupid, but possible.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear
    Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    There are foxwings pre-60, too. Misfortune has some lvl 54 ones iirc.
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Yes indeed possible. But silly.

Basically when choosing mobs to grind you need to look at the HP/XP ratio, elemental weaknesses and then how many shots to kill each. Having between 3-5 levels below a mob will give you a 10% damage reduction, 6-8 is 20% reduction. You do receive an XP bonus multiplier when killing mobs above your level. All can be seen here

Use this link, lvl 40-49 mobs this lists mobs and gives most of the info you'll need. Just a quick look through I see the Ramshackle Rocs look pretty good, lvl 48 good XP and low HP as is common for Air/Water mobs.

So to put it into perspective for a level 45 player:
    Ramshackle Rocs ~ 8400 HP
    10% damage reduction
    294 XP
    Effective HP = 9240
    Adjusted XP = 308

Fox Wing Supremes ~ 14000 HP
    40% damage reduction
    366 XP
    Effective HP = 19600
    Adjusted XP = 439

Foxwings give 30% more XP but have just over double the HP

Edit:
    Terrestrial Foxwings
    30% damage reduction
    11865 HP
    329 XP
    Effective HP 15425
    Effective XP 394

Terrestrial foxwings have 60% more HP, 22% more XP

Still more worthwhile grinding mobs close to you level unless my calculations are off.
    I like pie
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    ya i got some 1 resist gear in the AH put on pyroshell got out glacial snare and a bunch of pots with HP charm. 1 hour grind and i got to lvl 50 yay

i think it took me like 40-50 seconds to kill one
    spark > glacial snare > gush > stone rain > gush > pitfall > gush

basically it was use some random skill during gush cooldown and when cooldown was over use gush again
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze