Bounty

Phsyco - Lost City
Phsyco - Lost City Posts: 327 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Suggestion Box
Might be fun to be able to put a player-made bounty on another players head. For example if I pk someone and they get mad they decide they want to spend 100k and put that on my head. Whoever kills me next gets that 100k. Just a thought i had.
Post edited by Phsyco - Lost City on

Comments

• _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    that sounds pretty cool lol
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zand_pyrite - Sanctuary
    Zand_pyrite - Sanctuary Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    A good concept. How would that work out in the game though?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear
    Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear Posts: 998 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    uh wait, sounds familiar... there's a mmo that has this option...

it's some time ago that I played it and I don't really remember...
    I think they had an extra button to open a window where you could see all players with a bounty, their class, lvl and if they were online.

It was only possible to put a bounty on another player's head if he killed you before.

I never had enough money to try it^^ the game was pretty boring, grinding already started with lvl 15 :/
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Torhn for coloring!
  • Harukie - Lost City
    Harukie - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Might be fun to be able to put a player-made bounty on another players head. For example if I pk someone and they get mad they decide they want to spend 100k and put that on my head. Whoever kills me next gets that 100k. Just a thought i had.

I would love that ;D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2009

Running around pissing people off - 30 minutes
    Getting over 1mil in bounties on your head, 30 minues
    Having a friend kill you and collect the bounty - 10 seconds
    Laughing as you split your bounty with your friend - Priceless
    For everything else there is tedious grinding......

Hope that illustrates why bounty system would not work.
    What you would get would be a bunch of noobs putting bounties on high level players that pked/ksed them, while said high levels would just laugh as they cashed in. Remember, in this game, there is really no death penalty if you have angels on.....

Once a player would level up, nobody would bother wasting money putting bounties on other players because they would have figured out it is just a HUGE scam. So we would only be hurting new players.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Tieresius - Lost City
    Tieresius - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Well, it's true, the bounty could be split by the person with the bounty on their head and a friend of theirs. But what if they lost something else? Experience for example...experience NOT protected by any boutique item. That would at least deter them from PKing, or would make PKing more intense, especially on Lost City.
    You might even say that they are NOT safe in townb:pleased but a target EVERYWHERE!!!
    edited May 2009
    Well, it's true, the bounty could be split by the person with the bounty on their head and a friend of theirs. But what if they lost something else? Experience for example...experience NOT protected by any boutique item. That would at least deter them from PKing, or would make PKing more intense, especially on Lost City.
    You might even say that they are NOT safe in townb:pleased but a target EVERYWHERE!!!

Angels protect you from loosing exp and item on death.....
    That would open the door to grief. The other player would only have put a 1 coin bounty on your head and you would loose exp when you died, even if you had an angel..... So you really think that would be a good idea?
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'll pk you Phy...then you can give me 100k...b:chuckleb:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Tieresius - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Angels protect you from loosing exp and item on death.....
    That would open the door to grief. The other player would only have put a 1 coin bounty on your head and you would loose exp when you died, even if you had an angel..... So you really think that would be a good idea?

Why wouldn't it be a good idea? You pretty much just restated what you said earlier.
    edited May 2009
    Why wouldn't it be a good idea? You pretty much just restated what you said earlier.

So, anyone could put a bounty in your head in order to make you loose exp? Why than dont you skip all the bounty part and just make it so in pvp servers you will loose exp when you die no matter what? and angels only protect your gear. Sounds like much easier that way, since that is what you want.
  • Phsyco - Lost City
    Phsyco - Lost City Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i never thought about the money collecting flaw lol.... maybe to get around it you could put up an NPC in one town on the map where players would have to sign up to take a certain players bounty and the player who has a bounty is not allowed to teleport anywhere for a certain time after which a bounty is placed on them
    I'll pk you Phy...then you can give me 100k...
    lol how bout i go suicidal and u pay me 100k
  • Tieresius - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    So, anyone could put a bounty in your head in order to make you loose exp? Why than dont you skip all the bounty part and just make it so in pvp servers you will loose exp when you die no matter what? and angels only protect your gear. Sounds like much easier that way, since that is what you want.

Haha, you sound like a pouting child.
    First off, the idea of a bounty would apply to PKers, not EVERYBODY. Only those that had Red names.
    Second, why would you even suggest losing exp all of the time? You'd only lose exp with a bounty, but you're protected when you're just regular PKed (in theory there would be a difference) or when you have an angel.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i never thought about the money collecting flaw lol.... maybe to get around it you could put up an NPC in one town on the map where players would have to sign up to take a certain players bounty and the player who has a bounty is not allowed to teleport anywhere for a certain time after which a bounty is placed on them

lol how bout i go suicidal and u pay me 100k

awww you always run...QQ!!

And I might think about this but it would be more fun to find you b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
    edited May 2009
    First off, the idea of a bounty would apply to PKers, not EVERYBODY. Only those that had Red names.
    Second, why would you even suggest losing exp all of the time? You'd only lose exp with a bounty, but you're protected when you're just regular PKed (in theory there would be a difference) or when you have an angel.

Your lack of clarity in no way represents childishness on my part.
    If you had been clear on your start post my answer would had been different.
    Your post:
    "Well, it's true, the bounty could be split by the person with the bounty on their head and a friend of theirs. But what if they lost something else? Experience for example...experience NOT protected by any boutique item. That would at least deter them from PKing, or would make PKing more intense, especially on Lost City.
    You might even say that they are NOT safe in town but a target EVERYWHERE!!!"

As you can see, nowhere in your post you make the distinction between red named player or just someone that killed you once or got on your nerves and you decided to put a bounty on their head.
  • Harukie - Lost City
    Harukie - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2009

uhmm... I didn't see you say anything about that red name part in your past post... o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tieresius - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Then I apologize. I guess I assumed the bounty would be put on Red Named players, primarily because this idea came up in another post once before, only with bounties specific to PKers.