Whats the Fastest Way?

ShadeWarrior - Sanctuary
ShadeWarrior - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
How can I save to get a Mount really fast? I am not going to stop my teleporting tho.
Post edited by ShadeWarrior - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Arieannah - Heavens Tear
    Arieannah - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    okkkkkkk...but teloporting is the biggest waste of money....

anyways, GRIND that is the bigest money maker (fastest), sell the drop matts (at afordable prices) people tend to pay about 1k each. its all really depends on what mount you want. other than this there is no other way (stop teloporting and you save at about 20k each day if your a hard gammer)

like the cheapest flying mount is 5 gold, thats about 500k,cheapest riding mount 1 mil, so with your current lv to about lv 30-35 you should be able to afford one (by the way don't buy things you can get yourself) (you can always sell your celestones, or one mirage celestone for 35k each)
  • Arieannah - Heavens Tear
    Arieannah - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    oh and sell your dq's dull claws and element fragments are the most rarest if you find any sell them to people for 2-5k each, every other dq sell to npc's cuz people don't want them
  • Mothra - Lost City
    Mothra - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Pick up coins on the ground IRL until you have anywhere from $5-$30
  • Rikka - Harshlands
    Rikka - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Farming and selling hay might be a good money making tactic. ^^
  • Mandey - Dreamweaver
    Mandey - Dreamweaver Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Pick up coins on the ground IRL until you have anywhere from $5-$30

+1 LoL

Its hard to make money when you cant fly till lvl 30 with every class but winged elfs. All you can do is find out what low lvl mats are in demand and farm then and catshop.
    51 lvls in Calamity, **** whomever actually pressed the kick button on me, while I was at work no less, you coward.
  • Corsen - Heavens Tear
    Corsen - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I agree with some of the post above

Farm Hay from Gazelle pups (lvl30, Silver Pool)

Farm 2nd grade Herbs between the Orchid Temple, Allies Camp and Angler's Village. Although there's lots of monsters about there are hardly any players in these areas. Sell herbs either to player shops or in auction.

Buy mats for Copper bars for cheap, then sell Copper bars for around 19k
    -I can generally get all mats (Rough Fur, Concentrated Glue, Carbonated Steel) for under 2k each adding up to less than 12k for one bar = 7k profit.

Pterosaurs drop Meat = sell high like Hay.

Farm all important materials, then sell stacks of 10 at auction for a price that's not too low, but worth buying.

make your own 3star weapons (it's not that difficult), then when you don't need them anymore, sell them for lots of dough.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    okkkkkkk...but teloporting is the biggest waste of money....

If you want to get the mount at the lowest character level possible (i.e. earliest in the character's progression), then stop teleporting.

If you want to get the mount with the fewest hours played, then teleport as much as you can. When you run/fly, you are not gaining exp, you are not gaining coin. You might as well not be playing the game. It makes a lot more sense to teleport to get to the destination quickly and start making coin.

The only reason not teleporting results in getting the mount at a lower level is that it slows down your character's exp gain more than it slows down the rate you amass money.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    FASTEST WAY: chuck in $300 bucks of real life cash and you're off to a GREAT start.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • ShadeWarrior - Sanctuary
    ShadeWarrior - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    But i am 13 so i don't got money.b:surrender
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited May 2009

Choose Pink or Orange.

I don't know... just cry... whine lol... Yea... sulk in your pain and suffering because you will never be able to afford a mount and I can ride it to your face and you have to kiss my shiny **** if you want to ride on a mount. Lol... wt noobs these days.

But I ask you... one thing.

Why do you desire the mount?

Can't you live without it? Play this game without it? Make friends without it? Even level without it?.....

You don't need the mount... So why worry?

P.S. In other words, A happier life is one with less wants.
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Sumerisle - Dreamweaver
    Sumerisle - Dreamweaver Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    What Zephyrx says is true (well the orange part at least). You don't need a mount to get through the game. It is not an essential item, just a luxury that anyone can do without.

True, there are some people that say mounts are essential for quick leveling. But, then again, what's the rush? Like I always say, the game is about the journey through the levels so why rush to finish it? Enjoy the journey.
    Believe, level 2 Dreamweaver faction recruiting all classes. PM me in-game or drop me a message for more info!
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Look,

By level 30 but for sure level 40 you can grind the coins you need to buy a mount.

The best deal is from other players, I bought my bear for 500k.

As more fancy mounts become available the easier it is to get a good deal on cheap mounts.

So you know 1M in coins is not much at upper levels.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I would suggest an alternate approach then. Instead of grinding in the game to earn the coin, do the following: Tell your parents you want to earn money to spend on a game. Explain that you're going to mow lawns, paint fences, etc. around the neighborhood for pay. They'll probably be impressed by your initiative and support you by helping you find work to do. Once you've earned some money, have your parents drive you to Target or 7-11 to buy one of those PWI cards, which you can then turn into gold to buy your mount. (Hey, who knows, maybe you'll win a panda mount.)

Why should you do this instead of grind in-game? Grinding in-game, you'll probably earn 100k per hour. If you work in real life, you'll probably earn $5-$10 per hour. Given what gold sells for on Sanctuary, that's the equivalent to about 400k-800k per hour. Why spend 10 hours doing boring stuff in-game to buy a mount, when you can spend 1-2 hours doing boring stuff in real-life to buy a mount and spend the other 8-9 hours doing fun stuff in the game?