Total Population of PWI

Options
Rise_satan - Lost City
Rise_satan - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I've noticed since I started playing PWI (couple months ago) that this game is gettin more and more popular. I was wondering, whats the total population of PWI? All servers included. (HH_DW_LC_HT_SANC). I'm also wonderin if were one of the top free MMO out there? Not a flamin thread or anythin like that...im just bored at work b:sleep
Post edited by Rise_satan - Lost City on

Comments

• Methos - Dreamweaver
    Methos - Dreamweaver Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    My guess(and it's just a guess)would be maybe close to a milion,so it's still far from other games.But if you add the other types of PW not only the International version maybe,dunno.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    My guess(and it's just a guess)would be maybe close to a milion

You are overenthusiastic.

We would have more than 5 servers if there was close to a million players currently playing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • The_Forgoten - Lost City
    The_Forgoten - Lost City Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    You are overenthusiastic.

We would have more than 5 servers if there was close to a million players currently playing.

I agree. It takes year to build up an MMO and this one has' even been out for one. WoW has, what, 11 million now? They've been out for quite some time; at least 5 years. I doubt that we will have so many players so quickly, though. WoW has the Blizzard name behind it, that is why it is so big. I really hate making WoW comparisons, but thats the only one I know the numbers on. It would be much better to compare us to the top F2P out there.
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I agree. It takes year to build up an MMO and this one has' even been out for one. WoW has, what, 11 million now? They've been out for quite some time; at least 5 years. I doubt that we will have so many players so quickly, though. WoW has the Blizzard name behind it, that is why it is so big. I really hate making WoW comparisons, but thats the only one I know the numbers on. It would be much better to compare us to the top F2P out there.

I think we are the top F2P game in terms of population...
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • darkwhispers
    darkwhispers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I think we are the top F2P game in terms of population...

I'd check Maplestory's population before you say that b:surrender
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I'd check Maplestory's population before you say that b:surrender

Probably still higher than Maplestory... I would say.

Compare to the server capacity of Perfect World and the server capacity of Maple Story.. and how much users are generally online...

Of course, if you compared to total playerbase..

95% of Maplestory players are dead and no longer active.. If you discount that, yes PW active pop > Maplestory pop

Otherwise, if you wanna compared dead pop.. Maplestory (95% dead, 5% active) > PW (not sure.. but maybe 20% active, 80% dead)

Note that all registered users are never deleted. Thus the playerbase can only get higher. But the active playerbase is always changing.

*A player is considered to be active if he or she plays at least 5 hours a week.
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • G_ree_n - Sanctuary
    G_ree_n - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roll a barb on Sanctuary for hot cleric action. b:kiss
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    actually the most populated -free- MMO is :
    runescape (1m active users)

most populated MMO P2P in north america:
    WOW (11m active registered users)

most populated MMO in the world:
    ragnarok online (25m registered users across the asia continent, no clue how much is actually active and paying)

as for PWs population, i doubt youll get any answer because its valuable data you dont want public for your competition to see
  • dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

That list is old (October, 2008) and based on the writer's opinion, not on hard data. Still, nice to see that PWI made #6 after having just 1 month of Open Beta under its belt at the time of the article.
    as for PWs population, i doubt youll get any answer because its valuable data you dont want public for your competition to see

100% correct.
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    And it's quite hard to truly know how many people play a free game, since many will have more than one account for a reason or the other.

Others will try the game a few days and will leave never to be seen again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Dvorak wrote: »
    100% correct.
    lol, perks of being friends with GMs in another major game, learn how the system works on the inside :O.