So i heard this rumor about pwi.

Comments

• Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    PWI version? impossible, many people would reach max lvl by now then

I'm talking about the game, not the version of the game.

When I say "17+ months" it's in reference to the game, not the version of the game.

Thus, this version we are playing never saw some event working, while others did

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mine/12250

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mine/11645

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/11327

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mine/11639
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    you cant compare this version to the other versions, theyll never be the same. as for the problems you have to take it up with china, bickering here does not help.
    edited May 2009
    you cant compare this version to the other versions, theyll never be the same.

As far as gameplay goes, they are. PWI's version is up to date with the chinese version, for exemple. And an event closed for cause of bug in one version is closed in all versions.
    as for the problems you have to take it up with china, bickering here does not help

Funny thing is.. this is the best place to talk about it, since PWE is directly connected to Bejing PW Co, being a subsidiary of the said chinese company developping PW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited May 2009
    no, my point is the GMs and dev team cant do anything even if you do throw a fit, they have no control over that kind of stuff here. sure they can send it to the higher ups, but they cant change ****.
    edited May 2009
    they have no control over that kind of stuff here. sure they can send it to the higher ups, but they cant change ****.

[QUOTE=xarfox;2669751]Only partially true actually. Yes there are other games being worked on currently, however the development team responsible for PWI continues to work on PWI to this very day. We take great care in the continued development of all our current titles, regardless of whatever other projects we have on the table.[/QUOTE]

There you go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited May 2009
    oi no part in arguing, you dont get it, you dont get it. the red highlighted portion says the games are being worked on still, has nothing to contribute to your argument. please just go fail elsewhere lol
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    You are both incorrect.
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Ikens - Harshlands
    Ikens - Harshlands Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    all 3 of you are b:thanks
    edited May 2009
    prove it dood
  • Aoe - Heavens Tear
    Aoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    wow - waste of wages, and if the game has only been open ~september last year how has it been 17 months?

lmao exactly. The game is going to have bugs guys, get over it many things are still being converted over to this version. Not to mention GM's are doing pretty well with bugs. Humans can only do so much. There is still much more work they have to do as well. The dev's respond pretty well in this game. Try playing a game (not sure if i can say the name) that's **** shield for 5 years still has not been repaired and get's worse and worse with each upgrade. The dev's in that game had the nerve to make the game harder by lowering the drop rate and exp even though their game dc's every five minutes to an hour. (client error and no not an exaggerating) PWI was like god's gift when i started to play it. ^ ^
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    No matter how much a gaming company listens to it's customers/players and obeys, there will always be at least two major obstacles which will affect the final decision no matter how desperate the players (and even dev team) are.

1. Feasibilty. Would it cost to much? Would it take too much time, work or other resources? Can our technology support it? Is it even possible?

2. Satisfaction. Is it ok by our designers, sponsors, investors, etc? Would our main or original designer/creator/author(s) like it? How many players would it please? How many would it displease? How well would it please and displease them? Is it even worth doing?

There's a lot to take into account. If a few players out of thousands are demanding to change/add/remove something, even if it's really small and simple, it won't be enough to make them do anything about it.
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • Foulcault - Heavens Tear
    Foulcault - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    In a thread I made about whips as weapons (PWdatabse shows these as weapons) there was talks of "male venos" and I did some research. It turns out

THERE IS A MALE VENO!

Ok here's the trick and it's really cool. They even get special XP bonuses!
    They get additional XP for:

1) Every thread necro'ed in forums
    2) Every poll posted in forums
    3) Every time someone spams in WC

Also anytime someone KSes a "male veno" even if blue named the new veno can attempt a PK even though they themselves are blue name.

I'm so getting this and a nix for it when it comes out.
  • Eriestrength - Sanctuary
    Eriestrength - Sanctuary Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    lol there was already a link to another version of the game posted and saying another class was in the works.
  • Josias - Lost City
    Josias - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Hmm I'd guess the male veno's would be able to controle monsters already possessed by the wraiths as opposed to the regular veno's who control one that don't have the wraith in them

I'd guess I am just spouting bull
  • Foulcault - Heavens Tear
    Foulcault - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Hmm I'd guess the male veno's would be able to controle monsters already possessed by the wraiths as opposed to the regular veno's who control one that don't have the wraith in them

No they can only tame uniques (this could end badly) ....and they get lazers!

yes I am really bored.
  • dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    The "company" which is the sole designer of our fabulous game is already working on tons of other games.

Look up Battle of the Immortals, ect.

you likes? I came up with the name for that game. b:victory
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    no, my point is the GMs and dev team cant do anything even if you do throw a fit, they have no control over that kind of stuff here. sure they can send it to the higher ups, but they cant change ****.
    oi no part in arguing, you dont get it, you dont get it. the red highlighted portion says the games are being worked on still, has nothing to contribute to your argument. please just go fail elsewhere lol

I don't think anyone was throwing a hissy fit (at least, not until you replied).

When a GM says that 'We take great care in the continued development of all our current titles' it includes the resolution of past and present bugs, whether introduced in this or another version. The special events mentioned (Forest Ruins and the Races) have not worked for a long old time and there is no reason why an experienced team like the PWI guys could not resolve these if they allocated enough resources.

With all due respect to the team (I know many work very hard, so this isn't indented to denigrate your efforts) it really is mutually exclusive to say 'We take great care in the continued development of all our current titles' and then not take any care in developing a game in order to remove long standing bugs which adversely affect the enjoyment of said game.

This is just an opinion, so before you come back with a post that discourges discussion and just tries to belittle someone who has a valid opinion as you did in the above quotes, please consider your response carefully so that we can avoid another one of these.
    edited May 2009
    valid is in the eyes of the beholder, yes they can work on fixing bugs here, but no its not their job to implement **** on their own, when so many people believe it is. theres no call for when it goes out here cept when the parent company says go for it.
    This is just an opinion, so before you come back with a post that discourges discussion and just tries to belittle someone who has a valid opinion as you did in the above quotes

theres nothing belittling about them, or anything trying to discourage discussion. although you can "discuss" all you want you cant change anything, like those flamewar "petition for **** marriage" threads.

lol, btw, have you taken a language course before :o? belial means 'worthless' in hebrew.
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    valid is in the eyes of the beholder.
    As is the 'not valid' point you are trying to make. It is all in the eyes of the be(er)holder b:chuckle.
    theres nothing belittling about them, or anything trying to discourage discussion. although you can "discuss" all you want you cant change anything, like those flamewar "petition for **** marriage" threads.
    'please just go fail elsewhere lol' is a belittling and discouraging sentence, used in what could otherwise be a mature, adult conversation/discussion.
    lol, btw, have you taken a language course before :o? belial means 'worthless' in hebrew.
    Evidently, I have studied this more than some - Belial is used within the Christian Apocrypha (as well as the Jewish) and signifies a Demon in both, which was the primary reason I chose this name for a Venomancer (a crying perennial plant is no less daft to choose b:cute).
  • Pyreon - Heavens Tear
    Pyreon - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Damn Tearvalerin, I think it is rather funny that you are the one complaining of flaming, when its completely obvious who started it.

It all started when you flamed Lareish, after you had misread what she had said. She did not say that "we were owned by Malaysia", she simply stated that "we tend to get things a few months after the malaysian version does".

You simply responded with the same exact information, with just as little insight as to how the gaming business, or any business for that matter works. Game licensing, leasing, developing, and deploying is far more complicated than you have pretended to know, however since the advent of Wikipedia anyone with access to the internet can pretend like they know what the hell they are talking about.

Now I work as a game programmer, but even I do not pretend to understand the inner workings of marketing and subsidiary bullshot, the things that should not concern anyone but higher management, and I doubt anyone other than those is high management positions have the vaguest idea as to what the **** is going on, i say this from experience, and yes, it bitter experience (according to a Confucius thread i read earlier). lol

However with that said:

Belial and Blancheneige (whomever this is supposed to address, I forgot), I understand that you are frustrated due to bugs that have "yet to be fixed", and I understand as I too came from a "version name retracted" server, however you must realize that some of the things you mentioned have not been implemented, and anyone with an IQ of over 12 can realize that this is more than likely due to bugs, and are currently being worked on, and or abandoned.

Yes, all versions of perfect world are the same, with only a few insignificant differences, but you must also realize that this game was intended for an audience that had yet to play perfect world, and thus, would know nothing of Forest Ruins or the horse races (which I anxiously waited for) to be implemented. This would give them time to fix bugs, and start implementing features one by one, however, and I am assuming it was anticipated by the north american subsidiary that we would get people coming from different versions that would want to troll about features that have yet to be added, that were in other versions, at the same time complaining that they were buggy. This is were we need to brew a nice hot cup of stfu brew, and have a sip.

All you and others talking about features on pwdatabase and other servers are doing, are further complicating the job of our local subsidiary by flooding them with a million complaints of different features blah blah blah, and asking them to implement them all AND for them to not be buggy. Surely you can see the logic here.

Now that that is said, yes Dvorak that is a badass name, I wanted to play it as soon as I heard the title....If you are not just lying? b:scorn

Xarfox: I have to say, that your post post got under my skin a bit, not because I care about a new class at all but, the way you handled it. I understand that you are trying to add and/or keep mystery as to what you guys do and have in store for the players of this game, but it came right as a dry piece of lumber rolled into the forum, and I think may have acted as an the kindle to what became a bigger flame.

I think this method you guys have been using for mystery and anticipation has only led to people flaming each other because of indecisive evidence given by the gms, and I understand your job, one of my best friends is a gm, but I think here a simple "As soon as we know something, we will let you know" may have worked just fine.

I may have read this wrong, or misinterpreted your posts role in this thread, but it came RIGHT at the wrong time in my eyes, and I'm hoping you just have horrible luck and didn't realize it was becoming a flame thread before you submitted it.

And lastly for _Bloody_Fox_ who simply wanted someone to shed some light onto a rumor he had heard recently, nothing more, nothing less. We don't know yet _Bloody_Fox_ , but:

As soon as they know something, they will let us know. b:thanks
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    xarfox wrote: »
    Only partially true actually. Yes there are other games being worked on currently, however the development team responsible for PWI continues to work on PWI to this very day. We take great care in the continued development of all our current titles, regardless of whatever other projects we have on the table.
    I hope so so I can play this in few yrs time even when there aren't many on it.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • shylittlejen
    shylittlejen Posts: 1
    edited May 2009
    I heard that they were thinking about making a new class or something...
    Is this complete bunk?

When I was playing on PW-China, there were many threads about this. Apparently, some guy claimed to have broken down the files, and found information about two more classes, 'Monks' and 'Spirits' (Spectres? Apparitions? Ghosts?). There was a great hullabaloo about it before it died down (or was clammed shut, not sure which). Some even guessed the developers were making whole new areas, a starters' town for the new classes and other stuff, but none of it came true. Now, about one and a half years down the road, I'm hearing about it here. I'm really hoping it will come true, because the description for the 'Monk' class was hot. So that's that.

P.S. PWI is ahead of PW-MY (almost on par with China), and to be honest, PWI has much better events/customer service/GM-player interaction and almost everything than PW-MY. I'd come here too if my friends weren't on PW-MY.
  • Crucifix - Harshlands
    Crucifix - Harshlands Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Dvorak wrote: »
    you likes? I came up with the name for that game. b:victory

Yes, Yes I do, in fact, I want to see MORE on Battle of the Immortals,

I also want to be able to play it at some point. b:thanks
    edited May 2009
    however you must realize that some of the things you mentioned have not been implemented

Mmm.. no.

The events I listed were all implemented before they were removed afterward. Not in this version, agreed, but they all were available at some point in other versions (with maybe the exception of the yearly horse race)

My comment was referring to this statement by Xarfox :
    the development team responsible for PWI continues to work on PWI to this very day

In my mind, if a bug is not fixed after 17+ months, it clearly show that the development staff on this game is likely reduced to a skeleton crew that don't know much about what happened in the game's development before them.

A bug that make you close down a complete event is not a minor one, and should have been addressed long ago. 17 months is like an eternity in a game's life. I played other games before, and such bugs were adressed in a matter of days, if not of hours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited May 2009
    or you have no idea what youre talking about, ive seen one major MMO have a skill bug that totally flopped gameplay by quite a bit. they tried recoding/rewriting the skill, among numerous other things, and today still have no idea why it isnt working anymore. (after 16~ months)

sometimes things just dont have simple as pie answers like you may think, and launching a barrage of insults at the dev crew/whining is stupid.

and for the millionth time this version hasnt been out 17+months, its been about 9.
    edited May 2009
    and for the millionth time this version hasnt been out 17+months, its been about 9.

And for the billonthj time, I'm talking about the game, not the version of the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited May 2009
    you cant compare them! theyre all different!
  • Crucifix - Harshlands
    Crucifix - Harshlands Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    And for the billonthj time, I'm talking about the game, not the version of the game.

Good god,

The "game" is divided in to individual versions, my-en has different bugs than us, china has different bugs than my-en, and ph has different bugs.

They don't all have the same bugs and problems, each version has individual problems that is addressed by that versions game "masters".
  • Daji - Heavens Tear
    Daji - Heavens Tear Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    There are new class folders in userdata directory for new class rumor said one for untamed, one for human and one for elf but not sure when it is going to release though even CN do not have any news.

Maybe years later.
  • Popsouteggs - Heavens Tear
    Popsouteggs - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I hope you understand just because it was said "months ago" doesn't mean they scraped it and said **** it..it takes alot of time and coding to add a whole new race and skills into an already released game as the dev's don't want some major exploits to happen because of new races...look thru rpg history...when massive changes happen a wall of glitches and exploits seem to follow, if you don't know that by now you shouldn't even be playing rpgs or giving opinions on "rumors" when its clearly in the transcript from a reliable source..
    until you go learn atleast some basic coding like c++ or vb or something you shouldn't say "OMG THAT WAS A YEAR AGO NOT GONNA HAPPEN" cuz you obviously don't know **** about coding and how delicate it is even in basic home made programs

PW's owners don't want to rush a new race with new skills and looks and all into the game..what if one of the skills was glitchy and caused massive lag to anyone around when it was used? see these stages are called beta testing where they find the biggest and most threatening glitches to the game and fix them way before its ever even considered to go into public beta testing..I am sure if PW Representive says they are working on new race I can't give you details but i do know that the new race is involved in necromancery skills you should shut your mouth and just be patient ESPECIALLY since this is a free game you should be grateful that the game isn't **** to **** and nothing is worth nothing