Whips as weapons?

Foulcault - Heavens Tear
Foulcault - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Suggestion Box
Just curious if a GM can chime in or something. Are we going to get whips or is that something just the other versions gets? I notice the PWDatabase shows them fully for two versions and partly for ours. Also any insight as to who are using them and/or for what reasons?
Post edited by Foulcault - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Schism - Harshlands
    Schism - Harshlands Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    You like to be whipped huh.
    To each their own.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    You like to be whipped huh.
    To each their own.

LOL....I was thinking "kinky"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Foulcault - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Hey you know someone had to ask it sooner or later. b:laugh

Though no no whippie me. haven't you ever seen when animals strike back......

use it on the venos
  • Hopespower - Heavens Tear
    Hopespower - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    LOL....I was thinking "kinky"

i am more into latex and leather myself...
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    thats not kinky.

doing the act of copulation in public is rather risque ;p.
  • Kirashan - Dreamweaver
    Kirashan - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    All kidding aside, I thought he was crazy too until I googled it (not going to say why I googled it... b:dirty) and foudn this: http://www.pwdatabase.com/ms/itype/291.

There really are whip weapons listed, and take a look at the bottom of the page for each specific whip and see what the crafting materials are. I've never seen these items before in the game!

Too bad I couldn't have them on my Veno (phys attack only... b:cry). Imagine the **** fantasies with that one...
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    All kidding aside, I thought he was crazy too until I googled it (not going to say why I googled it... b:dirty) and foudn this: http://www.pwdatabase.com/ms/itype/291.

There really are whip weapons listed, and take a look at the bottom of the page for each specific whip and see what the crafting materials are. I've never seen these items before in the game!

Too bad I couldn't have them on my Veno (phys attack only... b:cry). Imagine the **** fantasies with that one...

Veno can't use them?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO b:cry

There goes my wild fantasies of ruling an all-male/female faction with an iron whip..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Seablue - Sanctuary
    Seablue - Sanctuary Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Better not be another bm weapon >.>

I don't have enough spirit and money to start another bm weapon tree.
  • Valdea - Dreamweaver
    Valdea - Dreamweaver Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Whips would make much more sense as a magic weapon. They're technicaly not even a weapon at all, they're a method of torture not intended to cause the same kind of harm to a person that a sword or a hammer does.
  • Kirashan - Dreamweaver
    Kirashan - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Whips would make much more sense as a magic weapon. They're technicaly not even a weapon at all, they're a method of torture not intended to cause the same kind of harm to a person that a sword or a hammer does.

That's what I thought! Come on now. Leather-clad Veno-Lady running around with a whip kicking tail (literally and figuratively)? Hell, even I could enjoy that one... b:cute b:chuckle
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I can say that there are some very big features and new additions coming for PWI. What exactly does that mean? As always, can't go into details...yet. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Hmm I was curious about this too when I stumbled upon the PW whips some time ago. They seem interesting but do they classify as a magic weapon or physical weapon. They cant be long range like bows and slingshots since they arent that long. Perhaps they will be fast and mid range? Only time will tell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Foulcault - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Don't ya all feel silly now for making fun of me. b:laugh

Though yes whips are kinky...and I think I saw a veno in a vid using one.
  • Eviltwist - Lost City
    Eviltwist - Lost City Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    They are used to whip genies so they are more powerful.
  • Sylvini - Heavens Tear
    Sylvini - Heavens Tear Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    xarfox wrote: »
    I can say that there are some very big features and new additions coming for PWI. What exactly does that mean? As always, can't go into details...yet. ;)

My guess? It's a special weapon that's usable for fox-form veno skills. It doesn't make sense as a BM weapon for several reasons. One, whips aren't really effective as melee weapons, so it doesn't fit that. Two, BMs have enough of a mass of weapons already (4 entire groups! Barbs get one that BMs have, Archers have one of their own, and Venos, Clerics, and Wizards all share one!). Three, the fox-form venos have been begging for a decent weapon they can use their skills with (melee physical attacks that require a magical weapon?).
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited May 2009

Chain whips actually are a weapon in martial arts. Other types of whips generally are not used as weapons as they were intended for moving animals around, and for punishing people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8OKQ1cxyh4
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Revolte - Heavens Tear
    Revolte - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited May 2009

you just like to play with our heads, bad xarfox bad!!! lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Duper Uber Booper
  • Revolte - Heavens Tear
    Revolte - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    it would be interesting to see how they would apply a new weapon ( if it had its own set of skills ) without putting in a new class all together, I heard pw my was talking about making a new class ( HEARD ONLY HEARD lol ) but I wouldnt expect it to already be going into the ears and eyes of pwi, but then again I dont work for them so I dont know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Duper Uber Booper
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited May 2009

Bring them on for me baby! I love physical attack and it has to be better than these crappy magic instruments!
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    by the database o_o you need dex for them.... And the str is that is very low. This is like LA wizzies and clerics or archers...

I'm so getting one... lol
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i am more into latex and leather myself...

S&M ftw b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • Archville - Sanctuary
    Archville - Sanctuary Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Veno can't use them?

There goes my wild fantasies of ruling an all-male/female faction with an iron whip..

**** much sis?

Anyway i don't think its gonna be released someday. :p
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Veno or cleric with Whips.. sexy xD b:dirty b:pleased
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Sinnimin - Lost City
    Sinnimin - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Veno can't use them?

the whip is "supposedly" for male Venos
    more information on that to come...
  • Aurores - Heavens Tear
    Aurores - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    the whip is "supposedly" for male Venos
    more information on that to come...

Did I read that right? You said MALE venos... >_>
    Retired b:bye
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2009

Necromancer outift and whips anyone?b:chuckle
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/ms/items/4832

That one made me lol. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yuoka - Harshlands
    Yuoka - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    omg i saw the whips on pw database a while ago but never though that they might be for venos, that would be awesome! It does look in a lot of the icons like they are vines, some with thorns, which makes me think of Kurama the fox demon from Yu Yu Hakuso who controlled plants (look at all the veno spells with wood or bramble or whatnot in the name and fox form).

I love using fox form and it would be cool to have a weapon that is actually meant for physical attacks equipped in it instead of fighting in melee with the weakest physical attacks in the game. Melee mastery brings that low damage up quite a bit though so what would it do if you could use a non-magical weapons?! I've already had some of my other veno characters do more damage than and take argo from my pet which usually = doom lol
  • Yuoka - Harshlands
    Yuoka - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    oops double posted
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited June 2009

b:laugh that means yes lolb:chuckle
This discussion has been closed.