What's wrong with my game?

_amaranth_ - Dreamweaver
_amaranth_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Support Desk
Every other second my game sort of freezes. It's never done this to me before, and I don't know why it's doing it. I've done everything I can think of to fix it, but nothing is working. When I relogged it took a couple minutes to bring up my characters. And I'll press one of my hotkeys and it doesn't do whatever it is until about a minute later. It started when I was helping with an FB and it's been doing it all day. What should i do? I really would appreciate a quick response. Thank you so much in advance.
Post edited by _amaranth_ - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Have you tried a verify from the launcher?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _amaranth_ - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    Before my post no, but I just tried it and it's still doing the same thing. It didn't help.
  • Eviltwist - Lost City
    Eviltwist - Lost City Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I believe it's connected to that memory leak issue that is going on right now. All you can do is wait i guess till they fix it.
  • Xtrememirage - Heavens Tear
    Xtrememirage - Heavens Tear Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Yes, I have been having the same severe lag issues lately. The screen goes black alot, and it's very hard to play the game this way. I hope they fix whatever it is soon...
    The name's Xtreme! b:victory
    Not Extreme! b:angry
    Get it right! b:thanks
    edited May 2009
    If that is the problem, I hope it is fixed soon. It is so bad I can't do my quests that require to kill things, because I can't tell when I'm attacking and when I'm not.
    edited May 2009
    Third day, and still not fixed. Now I have a friend that is having the same problem. GMs please fix this, I can't stand it much longer. I've been doing nothing besides wandering around Archosaur all day. Plus today I got an error message and my game went black. I had 2 force the game to shut down. You know this all started when the Nien Beasts came out, is that the cause of this problem?
    edited May 2009
    All better now. b:pleased
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    To help not get a crash, don't setup a catshop in the areas where everyone else does. Set yours up somewhere that is context sensitive to what you are selling, like a NPC or quest area.

When going away from your keyboard, minimize the game first.

Also try turning all of the in-game graphic settings to OFF (unchecked), or slid all the way to the left when approaching Archosaur and see if that helps you.

The developers are working to resolve the issues. Thank you for your patience.

Make sure that your computer meets the system requirements listed at the bottom here: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download

Generally, if your computer was made in the last 3-4 years or is newer, you should be able to run the game with minimal issues.

However, if you have a newer budget model desktop, laptop, or netbook (does not run well at all on netbooks), getting modern 3d games to run on it will present many compatibility issues.

Also, having a PC older then 4 years, can also cause some issues for overheating and hardware wearing out. It is good to have your system maintained, cleaned out periodically inside, and to upgrade your RAM, video card/chipset and power supply every few years until your CPU and motherboard just can't keep up anymore b:pleased

You can also send us a ticket to Tech Support here: http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

after reading this: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2005612&postcount=33

We'll take a look at your system and see what is going on hopefully, ok? b:pleased
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera