Races

Titheka - Lost City
Titheka - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Suggestion Box
I think we should have more races, because honestly winged elves, untamed and humans are getting a little old no offence. Could we just have 3 more races like lets just say talking animals, centaurs and dwarves? Please? b:sad
Post edited by Titheka - Lost City on

Comments

• Maddieson - Sanctuary
    Maddieson - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I think you've played some other mmos and want PWI to be like them but one more race wouldnt be such a bad idea.
    It's not my job to shut you down on a suggestion. It's a pleasure, though.
  • Ghettodog - Lost City
    Ghettodog - Lost City Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I like the idea of new races.
  • FangJingShan - Lost City
    FangJingShan - Lost City Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Doesn't the Untamed cover the talking animals?

Otherwise, yes, one more race would be nice, and a good way to add on new territories in the process. But please find something that deals more with Chinese culture. Remember all ideas go through the parent company, and since they will want this game to keep its Chinese heritage, they will be unlikely to accept anything outside of that.
  • Zaw - Heavens Tear
    Zaw - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Yeah i like that idea,maybe have Monks,ninjas etc. i think it wud be awesome
  • Ellestor - Heavens Tear
    Ellestor - Heavens Tear Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    As I just said in another thread.

"I see one major issue with this request, male barbarian animals is one thing but if you start allowing "animal people" into the game then it's coming dangerously close to infringing on other games intellectual property.

While animal people are in lore in many games the simple answer is that the cheetah women, fox women, etc. It comes too close to other game's copyrights.

Sony, BioWare, and numerous other companies hold the legal reigns when it comes to things of that nature as mostly (besides historical references of werewolves and such) the idea comes from Dungeons and Dragons which is currently licensed to other companies and while Perfect World Entertainment may be an up and coming company they hardly hold the financial backing to compete with those multinational companies."

This same logic applies here. These suggestions come too close to infringing on other companies intellectual property at this time and for Perfect World Entertainment to try and implement them it could inadvertently shut the servers down permanently from legal recourse.
  • Rathalos - Lost City
    Rathalos - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i voted yes i wouldnt mind seeing more races or new classes it would be refreshing
  • DR_JT - Lost City
    DR_JT - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    why not have limited amount of breath when swimming under =water and then have an aquatic race that breathes underwater and can only survive so long on land like the others can only survive so long under water?
  • Yakito - Lost City
    Yakito - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    yeah why not an aquatic race it seems to be a good idea , and the city of the beginers player will be Mistfortune city b:victory
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    why not have limited amount of breath when swimming under =water and then have an aquatic race that breathes underwater and can only survive so long on land like the others can only survive so long under water?

I guess that would make it impossible for them to ever do TT runs..... Or anything over FB19
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Xander_Cage - Heavens Tear
    Xander_Cage - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Why not have an evil race we seem to be playing the three races fighting for peace why not play the wraiths or a race that is affiliated with the Wraiths
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sellen - Harshlands
    Sellen - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I think we should have more races, because honestly winged elves, untamed and humans are getting a little old no offence. Could we just have 3 more races like lets just say talking animals, centaurs and dwarves? Please? b:sad

alright, well I have always thought 3 races as way too few! but now talking animals? lol they have them you have played right? and cemtaurs? that should be what a male veno is! how cool huh? now im thinking... lol i say NO to dwarves as i hate them to death

i think it will be hard to add races since this is chinese mythology though, i with international version could losen up some more but i get why they wont... surely thought they could find ONE race at least to add... lets hope it wont end like blood elves in wow (nobody wanting to be anything else) lol
  • Kiani - Dreamweaver
    Kiani - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i voted yes i wouldnt mind seeing more races or new classes it would be refreshing
    New races would be cool, but didn't pan gu say he only made three races. If we added any new races to the game things just woud't add up.
  • Sylvini - Heavens Tear
    Sylvini - Heavens Tear Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    How about a new "race" of people who have been tainted by the Wraith, but not overcome by it. It could have themes like undead, greyish skin tones, facial/body tattoos, and the two classes could be Assassin (dex-based melee debuffer) and Umbramancer (Shadow mage, mage debuffer, spells that do both cold and physical dmg at same time, DoTs, etc.) They could fly with a dark aura, too. That'd also fit into the lore, as this isn't a "new race" so much as altered members of other races.
  • Sellen - Harshlands
    Sellen - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    How about a new "race" of people who have been tainted by the Wraith, but not overcome by it. It could have themes like undead, greyish skin tones, facial/body tattoos, and the two classes could be Assassin (dex-based melee debuffer) and Umbramancer (Shadow mage, mage debuffer, spells that do both cold and physical dmg at same time, DoTs, etc.) They could fly with a dark aura, too. That'd also fit into the lore, as this isn't a "new race" so much as altered members of other races.

yes something like this would be a great idea! then it wont mess anything up! only flaw is then they would be an enemy race, and the only issue is how out numbered they would be... or did oyu mean they stay good since there not fully tainted?

if they could at an opposing group, id love it so much! thats the only reason wow is even good was the wars if pw had it that would be sweet!
  • Sylvini - Heavens Tear
    Sylvini - Heavens Tear Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I was thinking more as an ally, as a group that has been tainted, but not corrupted, and now is trying to turn the Wraith's curse back on them. Considering the way it's set up at the moment, I don't see PW including "enemy" races.
  • Titheka - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    As I just said in another thread.

"I see one major issue with this request, male barbarian animals is one thing but if you start allowing "animal people" into the game then it's coming dangerously close to infringing on other games intellectual property.

While animal people are in lore in many games the simple answer is that the cheetah women, fox women, etc. It comes too close to other game's copyrights.

Sony, BioWare, and numerous other companies hold the legal reigns when it comes to things of that nature as mostly (besides historical references of werewolves and such) the idea comes from Dungeons and Dragons which is currently licensed to other companies and while Perfect World Entertainment may be an up and coming company they hardly hold the financial backing to compete with those multinational companies."

This same logic applies here. These suggestions come too close to infringing on other companies intellectual property at this time and for Perfect World Entertainment to try and implement them it could inadvertently shut the servers down permanently from legal recourse.

sry if this isnt wat ur saying: translation: dont copy other games races.
    ok well that's not what i meant. and even tho i said those things i think pwi is aware of the other games and they would not copy them. im just writing the script they're the ones acting it out. so if i said chibi anime they would not do that because it is copeing maplestory.
    i just meant races like centaurs but make them unique,dwarves make them male or female, er... naked mole rats but make them cute? i just mean that they should creat a race but make the race theirs by adding attributes unlike ohters.
  • Titheka - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Why not have an evil race we seem to be playing the three races fighting for peace why not play the wraiths or a race that is affiliated with the Wraiths

i think thats awesome.