recomended server?

boomer28
boomer28 Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
i just got PW int, and i was wondering if there is a server that is more active/more popular than the others that i should check out. i dont know if this makes a difference time zone wise, but i live in NA.
thanks
Post edited by boomer28 on

Comments

• Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Servers are all located either on the West Coast or the East Coast.

Though I'm not too sure which servers are located on which server. But server location is in US
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Heaven's Tear (PvE), West Coast
    Sanctuary (PvE), West Coast
    Lost City (PvP), West Coast

Dreamweaver (PvE), East Coast
    Harshlands(PvP), East Coast
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Lareish - Harshlands
    Lareish - Harshlands Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Dreamweaver (PvE) and Harshlands (PvP) are the two newest servers. They should have the fewest players because of this, but some steady population growth.

I play Harshlands, so it's the one I'm familiar with. There are a lot of factions, both large and small, some infamous, some kind-of-known, and some virtually unheard of. It makes things dynamic when it comes to the Territory map as factions fight to gain land. The older servers have... more stangnant territory maps, from what I understand. But on Harshlands, the battles are still going strong.

In fact, this weekend it'll be an absolutely delightful mess as Last Stand (with lots of land in the righthand side) topples beneath the onslaught of about 5 different guilds going for it's land. And that's the minor aspect of this week's Territory Wars - two bitter enemies are going at it too as one of the newest guilds, QQme, attacks one of the oldest and most established ones, Crimson. Whatever happens, the map is going to see some big changes this weekend, at least cosmetically.

On Harshlands you will find a mix of nice, whiny, mean, overzealous, and laid back people. The various factions tend to reflect this well so whatever your tastes in play, you should be able to find it here - or create it yourself. That is, if you don't mind the fact that we're PvP 24/7 after reaching level 30. ^x^ (On Dreamweaver, it's optional after 30.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harshlands || Lareish (Wz), Enraged Executor || AKA Howl Leader Garmr

~~ ~~~ The semi-sane, optimistic cynic with a light heart. ~~~ ~~
  • Insergapwn - Harshlands
    Insergapwn - Harshlands Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Harshlands is a nice server, sure it's got alot of tools and attention seekers but overall is pretty good and there's always people willing to help and group on quests
  • Lareish - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    It tends to be small groups of people who get all the press here on the forums and in the World Chat. Depending on your point of view, it might liven things up, or it might be annoying.

All in all though, Harshlands is fun. Wherever you go, you're going to find people who take the fun out of things. I haven't found it to be a problem, at least in my personal experience ^x^

Maybe I need to be in White Name a bit longer before I pass that judgement but eh, I know what's coming. Should be even more fun if I can survive! ^x^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited May 2009
    It tends to be small groups of people who get all the press here on the forums and in the World Chat. Depending on your point of view, it might liven things up, or it might be annoying.

The only thing I've found annoying is a select few who treat World Chat as their own personal blogs and won't stop yapping on lol, sure I could ignore them but I go by the principle of some day I might need their help or they could help me so I dislike doing it incase they do say something important (which is probably rare).
  • Lareish - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Haha. I avoid the worldchat window by switching to the Faction one. The conversations there tend to be far more intelligent. And with less smiley spam. The only time I keep Worldchat active is if I'm shopping, or it looks like someone's trying to get my attention out in the field.

On that note, if anyone spots me and tries talking to me in the regular Common chat, I likely didn't notice because I'm not using that window ^x^ Out grinding/questing I stay in Squad or Faction chat, depending on who I'm with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    boomer28 wrote: »
    i just got PW int, and i was wondering if there is a server that is more active/more popular than the others that i should check out.
    All servers are pretty active. If you are not 100% carebear, choose pvp server. Pk action there is not extremely hard but enough to pump up some adrenaline ^_^. More important, choose server in proper timezone so territory wars will be avaiable to you. (For example, I've started on Harshlands but TWs were about 3:30-4:00 am for me, so Lost City with TWs at 6:30-7:00am turned out more interesting.)
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • SaiyanGohan - Lost City
    SaiyanGohan - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    **** off sissy pve people from harshlands, the name of your server is ironic, "harshlands" when everyone is a carebear. go to lost city or a pvp server, you'll have more fun :) the thrill of pking and getting pked is fun :D
    edited May 2009
    **** off sissy pve people from harshlands, the name of your server is ironic, "harshlands" when everyone is a carebear. go to lost city or a pvp server, you'll have more fun :) the thrill of pking and getting pked is fun :D

Harshlands is a PVP server, and pk'ing low level noobs is as far from PvP as PvE is when it takes one hit to kill a noob that's not PvP as there's no vP in it when they can't fight back...
  • Budika - Sanctuary
    Budika - Sanctuary Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Honestly if your new to MMO's a PVP server isn't where you probably want to go. Because as with most PVP'ers they're little people... You want to PVP play a freaking FPS. (But hey that's my perspective). I recommend if your used to RPG's.. PVE is the right way after lvl 30 you have the option to turn on Idiot mode err PVP mode and loose gear to lvl 70+ who think it's funny to kill newbs. And when you turn it on it's on for 10 hours. As for the Carebear remarks once again that type of person is probably picked on or in a **** dead end life and want's to make others as miserable as themselves by virtually kicking other players butts, or an opportunist see's all your hard earned work (legendary gear) and want's it to sell to pay for more grief'ing habits. I never understand PVP on a RPG if your heroes, if your a Villain/Bandit OK sure
  • RoxyIvy - Dreamweaver
    RoxyIvy - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    heh I have to agree with the Panda above me b:victory

If you are new to PW, play on a PvE server. There are a lot of things you need to learn about this game with first-hand experience to be good in this game and doing that in PvP server is a lot harder.

Don't get me wrong, PvP can be a lot of fun when you know what you're doing and you're good at it. But getting ganged up by a bunch of cocky high levels hiding near an Instance/FB when you are about to do it is NOT fun...