Sage Cleric Vs. Demon Cleric

Options
NaitomeaDesu - Sanctuary
NaitomeaDesu - Sanctuary Posts: 396 Arc User
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
Oki so coming up slowly but steadily to where i will need to think about going to Heaven or Hell as a cleric. There are many clerics going demon on Sanctuary server and iv seen maybe 2 or 3 sage clerics. Honestly from the start i had been set on going sage but after ready forums about demon im a bit skeptical as to which to pick. I am a full support cleric and plan to stay that but then again i want to keep myself alive. Sooo as u can tell i have a bit of a dilemma =/ It would be nice to get maybe a post from a Sage/Demon cleric themselves or from someone who knows A LOT about this and doesnt just get info from site that isnt always accurate. =/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The knife slides down the tip of my tongue.
I'm finding pleasure in watching you writhe.
I lean in just to lick the sweat off your face.
I taste the reverence dripping down my throat.
Post edited by NaitomeaDesu - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Oki so coming up slowly but steadily to where i will need to think about going to Heaven or Hell as a cleric. There are many clerics going demon on Sanctuary server and iv seen maybe 2 or 3 sage clerics. Honestly from the start i had been set on going sage but after ready forums about demon im a bit skeptical as to which to pick. I am a full support cleric and plan to stay that but then again i want to keep myself alive. Sooo as u can tell i have a bit of a dilemma =/ It would be nice to get maybe a post from a Sage/Demon cleric themselves or from someone who knows A LOT about this and doesnt just get info from site that isnt always accurate. =/

Wrong Section first of all...

But as for me, Sage because they are well.... They have hax healz... and infinite MP. Can you say Sage Spirit's Gift = Free MP?

Listen to both sides before you make your decision. Don't always jump with the majority, do what you think is right.
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    basically, theres three skills avaliable to average people for demon or sage

cyclone :

Sage version reduces enemy's speed by 45% and increases effect duration by 1 second.
    Demon version does an extra 600 damage.

plume shot :

Sage version does an additional 800 damage.
    Demon version reduces both channel and cooldown times by 0.3 seconds.

and i 'think'

blessing of the purehearted:

Sage version has a 25% lower mana cost
    Demon version has a 25% chance to recover 5% of maximum MP.

ask your local sage/demon cleric what the sparks do, and then decide if you want to be a better support (sage) or better PVPer (demon)
  • NaitomeaDesu - Sanctuary
    NaitomeaDesu - Sanctuary Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Yes i noticed.. and im sorry about that. im relatively new to this forum thing. I usually just play the game and have fun but this was something i needed information on before i could do anything. Yes i know there are different advantages for sage or demon clerics. i will stil most likely go sage but demon is tempting haha... thanks guys and again sorry about wrong post area.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The knife slides down the tip of my tongue.
    I'm finding pleasure in watching you writhe.
    I lean in just to lick the sweat off your face.
    I taste the reverence dripping down my throat.
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Sage gets you a skill that you can gain 50 chi instantly (cooldown 60 sec)
    your spark gives you 700% damage increase (also increasing healing power) 25% reduction of damage taken and 20% recovery of mp

I went sage, and though its only been a few days i am glad I did b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Istilah - Sanctuary
    Istilah - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

cyclone : ...
    plume shot : ...
    blessing of the purehearted: ...

I do not understand your thinking here. Could you explain your thoughts for me?

How about:
    Vanguard Spirit
    Ironheart Blessing
    Magic Shell
    Plume Shell
    Wellspring Surge
    Celestial Guardian's Seal
    Razor Feathers
    Thunderball
    Revive
    Spirit's Gift
    Elemental Seal
    Dimensional Seal
    Siren's Kiss
    Silence Seal
    Metal Mastery
    ?

You have claimed none of them can be obtained by average demon or sage clerics? Do they require rarer drops or something?
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

How about:
    Vanguard Spirit
    Ironheart Blessing
    Magic Shell
    Plume Shell
    Wellspring Surge
    Razor Feathers
    Thunderball
    Revive
    Spirit's Gift
    Elemental Seal
    Dimensional Seal
    Siren's Kiss
    Silence Seal
    Metal Mastery
    ?

You have claimed none of them can be obtained by average demon or sage clerics? Do they require rarer drops or something?

Umm every skill a lv 88 non-Sage/Demon Cleric can learn...

The Sage or Demon gets a even more kickass version of it.
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • JhonCofe - Heavens Tear
    JhonCofe - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    If you really need info go here...

http://www.ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php

you see each one and choose
  • Nezarifis - Sanctuary
    Nezarifis - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

How about:
    Vanguard Spirit
    Ironheart Blessing
    Magic Shell
    Plume Shell
    Wellspring Surge
    Razor Feathers
    Thunderball
    Revive
    Spirit's Gift
    Elemental Seal
    Dimensional Seal
    Siren's Kiss
    Silence Seal
    Metal Mastery
    ?

well first of all 4 all those skills u shud go 2 the pwi wiki. when u go 2 the pwi main page its there on the side. just click it choose cleric and go 2 cleric skill guide made by SylenThunder(he kicks more **** than a toilet can get ****)b:victory
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    well first of all 4 all those skills u shud go 2 the pwi wiki. when u go 2 the pwi main page its there on the side. just click it choose cleric and go 2 cleric skill guide made by SylenThunder(he kicks more **** than a toilet can get ****)b:victory

Cool necro bro. b:bye
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    Silver - Dreamweaver Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

cyclone :

Sage version reduces enemy's speed by 45% and increases effect duration by 1 second.
    Demon version does an extra 600 damage.

plume shot :

Sage version does an additional 800 damage.
    Demon version reduces both channel and cooldown times by 0.3 seconds.

and i 'think'

blessing of the purehearted:

Sage version has a 25% lower mana cost
    Demon version has a 25% chance to recover 5% of maximum MP.

ask your local sage/demon cleric what the sparks do, and then decide if you want to be a better support (sage) or better PVPer (demon)

Completly false, why is that everyone assumes hell= PVP heaven=PVE, in some cases this might be true but get your facts straight people

With Clerics, The main skill they are going to use against each other is...Plume shot, cyclone, heal. Now with these, there are also things they can do to enhance their attacking like sparks (hell increase chant +500% base damage???) While Sage has (25% reduce damage + 700% damage) But this is the kicker, SAGE CLERICS CAN GET THAT CHANT TOO!!!!! Its called Spirit gather aka Elemental buff, it gives 20%chant AND ITS SPAMABLE. This means you dont have to spark to get this advantage. So the Sage Cleric gets CHI faster and does damage faster.... Nuff said.
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

I didn't realize this was a necro until I saw Tear. ;o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Don't necro please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.