Genies look cool :D and are a nice addition...

Delia - Harshlands
Delia - Harshlands Posts: 227 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
They do :P. Sure, they are a little large though.

And if you actually spend some time researching them, it's very possible to get an extra edge in PvP or against that boss you didn't intend to agro when the rest of your squad died b:victory.

Statting and training genies adds an element of build complexity to this game that was previously lacking. Now choosing some skills means you can't learn others. Players will have differences between other members of the same class. That can only be good in my opinion.

Sure, there are things I'd like done differently. I wish it was easier to try skills or understand their exact effect before statting elemental affinities. I wish the random points weren't so random, which makes genies less of a stragic item and more of a monetary item. I wish trading them were easier so people could use other people's genies, test out some skills, buy secondhand ones, etc. I wish I knew how to get those reset notes aside from the quest (someone got a little too far ahead of themselves statting b:surrender)

As to the cost. Sure, the stamina is expensive. But as a cleric I pay for every shot I take anyways, PvE and PvP. 400 mana for a wield thunder? Roughly the same cost on Harshlands as a 400 stamina skill, or around 800 coins. To the other classes out there... at least you don't have to pay for your other attacks :)

Genies, if used right, can make a lot of people's lives easier in PvE, and if skilled properly can give some unique PvP moves.

Thanks for varying up the game a bit b:victory
Post edited by Delia - Harshlands on

Comments

• Jack_Nel - Sanctuary
    Jack_Nel - Sanctuary Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    b:pleased finaly a happy post
    yes!!! i love my huge butterfly b:laugh
    [SIGPIC]http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo358/jack665/1-1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

"Many left many will leave but what keeps us happy is the time we spend and the way we leave.. for me the best good bye was of Magnate and Jack_Nel both got married and then left the game.. making each other the immortal couple of this game." by Herne_Hunter
  • Niraneth - Heavens Tear
    Niraneth - Heavens Tear Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Yes at last some common sense. Love my genie, got it maxed to my level and maxed two skills: Thunderstorm and Windshield. Thunderstorm is about 5K+ dmg to ground enemies at optimum range, not too bad. Windshield is nice since its able to be used in conjunction with plume shield. Im happy with them but for those who are not happy, i believe they expected too much. Some actually thought they would be similar to veno pets and we would just be a bunch of overpowered players spamming genie attacks all day and owning everyone and everything in pvp and pk. Genies are well thought out and balanced to make sure we dont become unbalanced, hence the reason for chistones and the penalties of using sp or xp to lvl.

At least we like em right lol?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Agreed! When I hit 80, hopefully soon, I'm gonna try restatting my Genies' affinities...my skills are gonna be Thunderstorm, Earth Claw, and Elemental Weakness...I'm sure that it'll make my PvE grinding noticably easier! And you're right; they're not too hard to maintain! I've just been decomposing any equip drops I get in grinding, usually a two or three, and that's enough to restore the energy that I used while grinding! ^-^ I didn't expect the genies to be completely nukers...though my lil' Infliction seems to really want to do a lot of damage! b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Genies are amazing!b:victory
    Some people dont like them because they were expecting too much of them. enies Genies give us many skills to complement our own skills, in no way they are made to be at the level of regular veno pets. My main genie is the fower one with the Sword of Supreme heat (gives 20% metal defense reduction to target), the Tree of Protection heal (great for those emergency moments when you have no mp), and the Extreme Poison (I think that the same) which gives 20% more damage to the target. My second genie is the ice one and its for sueling purposes, it has the Sword of Supreme Heat, the Adrenaline Rush, and Wind Shield. Im still experimenting with genies so this might change. The genies are new so there are still some bugs to work out, but thats normal, I mean, they got out yesterday.

Im glad that genies give the game a more strategic gameplay since there are so many skills and you will need to balance just a few according to your needs. I would like to congratualte everyone in PW and PWI for a job well doneb:victory!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Valshala - Harshlands
    Valshala - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    My genie looks like a little fire bug following me around everywhere.. I Love's it!! ^.^
    My cleric got stuck with the Pink one though I think I might remake her and retake the quest for the free one jus to try and get her the Fire one or the Dicipline (sp?) one! :P
    I wish they'd made a black one that did like, shadow magic or something though.. o.O
    Slavish devotion to rules is a sign one needs to get Laid! :P