It's not that they suck...

13»

Comments

• Vulpix - Lost City
    Vulpix - Lost City Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Meh, im just gonna use my genie as a little support guy, not to deal damage. Besides, I already have my damage dealing genie, my nix! ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TY _Bloody_Fox_ for the sig ^_^
    I think venomancers are a pretty cool guy, eh mances the venom and doesn't afraid of anything.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I've pretty much come to a conclusion with these genies. They're basically a gimped way to give everyone the buffs and debuffs of other classes. They aren't meant to be as powerful, or as effective, because if they were, we'd have no reason for certain players anymore.

I, however, love them. 4 genies, all with different affinities, and skills, makes me even more of a jack of all trades than I already was. I've got debuffs that are similar to my own Fox Debuffs, an AoE Knockback, and a handful of other skills that are making my life so much easier.

No, they don't hit hard, and are really, really gimpy. But they're an extra boost to everyone, as long as you think, and plan really hard about just what you want the girls for. I, for one, am going to take my genie, and continue to go through FB19 Untamed AoE grinding it. Nothing quite like the joy of flipping 50 spiders/wolves away from you. I was doing it earlier without my pet. I've never had so much fun in this game.
  • Niraneth - Heavens Tear
    Niraneth - Heavens Tear Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Im not sure why people are complaining about the stmaina. I used only 288 of my perfect stones and managed to get to 200K stamina. I still have stamina after using 2 maxed genie skills allday and prolly wont need to refill for.........a week a month or more? i mean seriously they arent hard to maintain. Purple armor drops are free. Yes you need to spend a bit of money to repair for maximum stone output when decomped but its not much. Skills are good if you READ the description and get what your charcter would benefit from. People do read still right? Are they able to read this post?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chocooo - Lost City
    Chocooo - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Decomposed a level 70+ quest item, those two star armor pieces and that alone gave my genie like 40k stamina...
    Stamina is definitely not a problem.
  • Zerza - Harshlands
    Zerza - Harshlands Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    genies are meant as a bonus, not to make you a god of some sort

for all the complainers, watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QyYaPWasos

ROFL great video! b:laugh

I agree, genies are only one more element to round out your character,, is not meant to be a standalone weapon that allows your barb to meditate in the background while grinding b:chuckle