Genie skills for veno

Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 366 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Venomancer
I started laughing when I saw this skill:

Chaotic Spirit (starts at lvl 60)
Causing Soul Transfusion in others by switching Hp and Mp of the target.

First of all, imagine someone who drains a lot of mana in PvP and then use this skill on them.. But then of course you would have to guess when to use it. On the other hand it could be a great help for clerics who actually uses a lot of mana..
Kinda leads to the question if you can use it on enemies and friendly targets?

Any opinions on this skill or any veno who got it yet?
*Semi retired*
Post edited by Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Baritomaris - Sanctuary
    Baritomaris - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I thought the same thing!

My gut tells me that you can only transfuse a friendly target, but I've never tested it. Got to wait until someone else tries.
  • Xaix - Dreamweaver
    Xaix - Dreamweaver Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    if it works against enemy in pvp, then it might be useful against a barb as we can switch his large hp to mp which will make it easier to kill him b:victory
  • Yoruichi - Harshlands
    Yoruichi - Harshlands Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Just like soul transfusion this works like a %. If you have 25% mp and 75% hp those get switched its not like 2,000 Hp suddenly b/c you had 2k mana.
  • TeresVict - Dreamweaver
    TeresVict - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Et voila:

dbbs.jpg

I leveled my genie to 62 to see skills available... poor me. I thought it was to soul change with an ally... now im dissapointed b:sad:
  • Aeyris - Sanctuary
    Aeyris - Sanctuary Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'm a light armor veno, which genie is the best for me?
  • LovelyZero - Sanctuary
    LovelyZero - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Soul change with allies? someone has been playing some ragnarok. Anyways this seems very interesting, but I don't really see this being used unless you're in a long battle.
  • TeresVict - Dreamweaver
    TeresVict - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Soul change with allies? someone has been playing some ragnarok. Anyways this seems very interesting, but I don't really see this being used unless you're in a long battle.
    Yeah that would be better for me :P.

I dont think there are so many skills useful if not pvp char... some guide on high level veno for pve will be great b:laugh
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Et voila:

dbbs.jpg

I leveled my genie to 62 to see skills available... poor me. I thought it was to soul change with an ally... now im dissapointed b:sad:

I'm pretty sure if you level the skill up, it'll have higher chance. Healing started with like 53% chance to immune to bleed, at 10 it's like 80%.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Just like soul transfusion this works like a %. If you have 25% mp and 75% hp those get switched its not like 2,000 Hp suddenly b/c you had 2k mana.

I dont know many barbs running around with more than 10-15% mana at any give time, it would be funny to switch them and see his hp take a nose dive....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Ban_me - Dreamweaver
    Ban_me - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Malefic Crush(Mana drain) + soul switch = bye bye barb :D
    edited May 2009
    Malefic Crush(Mana drain) + soul switch = bye bye barb :D

For even faster results, there is genie skill that also drains mana
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    There is an other skill, called Extreme Poison.. Description says;
    "Injects the target with a weaking poison.
    For 5.5 sec, increases damage received by the target by 20%
    "..

Im kinda confused about this one.. Will it be me who will receive more damage while the enemy is affected by poison? Cause thats how it sounds to me.. Though that makes no sense, would be more logical if the poison caused 20% more damage taken... If so that would work great with amplify damage.
    *Semi retired*
  • Emily - Dreamweaver
    Emily - Dreamweaver Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    "..

Im kinda confused about this one.. Will it be me who will receive more damage while the enemy is affected by poison? Cause thats how it sounds to me.. Though that makes no sense, would be more logical if the poison caused 20% more damage taken... If so that would work great with amplify damage.

It's basically another Amplify Damage... And it stacks with Amp Damage. Even better, it only takes 10 Dex to increase this skill's effect by 1%. Use it to fill in the gaps on Amp... or stack it for great fun.
    edited May 2009
    "..

I wished they had kept the genies simple... Like you got 1 passive skill and one 1 active. Passives would give you 1% of something, up to 2% at level 10 and active would be one elemental attack (matching genie) or a simple buff, like the blood clot...

The current system, specialy being translated from chinese is just a mess......

Oh, and the genies really should be 1/4th to 1/8th of their side (about same as a fairy) and we should have the option to hide/display them, like the we can with vanity clothing.
  • Angerr - Harshlands
    Angerr - Harshlands Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    A barb in TW will just use an MP Heiro meaning that if you switch their mp/hp its not gonna do anything =(
    edited May 2009
    A barb in TW will just use an MP Heiro meaning that if you switch their mp/hp its not gonna do anything =(

You are going to make his charm tick over and over and over for alot of hps (recovring 10k hps everytime you do the trick on him...)
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I found that a lot of good skills for Veno follow down the Earth tree, myself. There's one that combines the effects of Fox Wallop and Befuddling Mist, one that is an AoE Knockback, several others that have various crippling effects, and most, if not all, are AoE. It's going to be pretty epic to run FB's now.

Also, I gotta point out one advantage we have, that, really, none of the other classes have. We are grind fiends. While the genies aren't really good for grinding, I know that mobs have a tendency to drop gear, which then can be decomposed into stones to feed your genie. I've been feeding my genie any piece of gear I can find, and I have 200k Stamina. I didn't even use all my Perfect Stones.
  • Kirashan - Dreamweaver
    Kirashan - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Can you give me the name of the AoE Knockback skill? I just looked for it and had no luck.
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    imagine a wiz exchangin his hp for mp ^^, say hello to the new barbb:laugh
  • Eliathel - Lost City
    Eliathel - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Did u read description of skill? It says "values", is it the same as percentage???
    edited May 2009
    Can you give me the name of the AoE Knockback skill? I just looked for it and had no luck.

Earthquake.. I got that one for my genie. b:pleased

An other usefull skill that I found was Relentless Courage.. Increases your Attack, channeling and movement speed.
    *Semi retired*
  • Yoruichi - Harshlands
    Yoruichi - Harshlands Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2009

Correct.
    You are going to make his charm tick over and over and over for alot of hps

Wrong. With an MP charm their MP will always be near full and this switches the two with a % so the most you are doing is making their MP charm tick and IF they have both then switching 100% with 100% does nothing as angerr pointed in so very few words..

Also this skill takes 180 energy so that means you need a VIT genie. Good luck with getting high luck points b:bye
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Chaotic Spirit (starts at lvl 60)
    Causing Soul Transfusion in others by switching Hp and Mp of the target.

First of all, imagine someone who drains a lot of mana in PvP and then use this skill on them.. But then of course you would have to guess when to use it.

This is an obvious anti-veno skill. If you (a veno) are fighting another veno, get the upper hand, and they use ST to regain near-full hp, you can use this skill to switch them right back.

Course if you (a veno) and a friend (another veno) are fighting another veno and both of you use the skill, not much happens.
    edited May 2009
    Also this skill takes 180 energy so that means you need a VIT genie. Good luck with getting high luck points b:bye
    Do you know how much energy you get from VIT?
    *Semi retired*
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I believe it's 1 point per Vit. Which means since genies have a base Energy of 100, you'll need 80 Vit points to fire Chaotic Spirit once.
  • Vidalaire - Heavens Tear
    Vidalaire - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Wrong. You'd need 80 Vit points, but that translates into 120 attribute points. After getting 40 Vit points, it takes 2 attribute points to get one stat point thereafter. So 40+80=120 attribute points.
  • Emily - Dreamweaver
    Emily - Dreamweaver Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Wrong. You'd need 80 Vit points, but that translates into 120 attribute points. After getting 40 Vit points, it takes 2 attribute points to get one stat point thereafter. So 40+80=120 attribute points.

It says after 40, but it actually doesn't start subtracting 2 points each raise until 45. So you just need 115 attribute points to get the 180 energy needed. :) However, if the energy cost lowers each level, then you can maybe "get it cheaper".

And, if you haven't already decided for yourself, is a waste of points as the use for the Chaotic Spirit skill is limited... fun and interesting... but limited.
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i though it was a good skill but i ended forget it cost too much energy to even worth using it.. it have better skill
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]