no magic+ on genies

Jimmijam - Heavens Tear
Jimmijam - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Wizard
any1 else a bit unhappy theres no increased magic attack skills but theres a increased physical attack skill on genies?
Post edited by Jimmijam - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Malena_Vazin - Lost City
    Malena_Vazin - Lost City Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    any1 else a bit unhappy theres no increased magic attack skills but theres a increased physical attack skill on genies?
    I am quite happy with all the fire skills that decress targets fire resis.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    ok, now I was about to create a thread for this, but let's go from here.
    What genie would be a good fit for wizzie?
    What I got random is a Infliction genie..That's doesn't help a lot from what I see. It has some poisonous thingie..might be better fit for a veno or something.
    I'm at work now, but can u guys that are in-game make a screenshot with your genies and post them here? I tried to find the detailed description of the default skill, but could not find any.
    Someone told me in game this morning they got a "decrease target magic resist" on their gennie. Now that is something I would kill for :)

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jimmijam - Heavens Tear
    Jimmijam - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Someone told me in game this morning they got a "decrease target magic resist" on their gennie. Now that is something I would kill for :)

the dex genie has an initial starting skill which reduces elemental resists by 30% for 4 secs which is pretty nice. havnt tried it out yet though. some of the genie skills at higher lvls say they are inactive. im hoping that 1 of them might be increased magic attack lol
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    Decrease magic resist by 30% for 4 sec is good enough for me. Do that skill before a nuke like SS and there u go, u will need 1 less shot to kill the mob. That ain't bad in my book

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Feiric - Harshlands
    Feiric - Harshlands Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I've got the dex genie. I'm low level, but I've used the decrease elemental resist skill and it makes a good difference. The thing is -- your genie has like 105 energy, and the thing costs 100 energy to use.

So it will literally just be useful 4 sec in a single battle until you level your genie. I don't know how useful it will be after leveling. Each vit you put on your genie increases your energy by 1. You get one per level and a random 1-10 every 10 so I hear. So you do the math.

It is nice that your genie can cast seperately from you. It's like controling 1.5 characters in a way.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    yeah, I will probably buy one of those genies and do lvl up...
    I want that decrease res feature againt Magic res mobs or when I aggro more than 1 mob. I don't like being hit at all, and this genie trick and FoW will make that happen.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xhinzo - Harshlands
    Xhinzo - Harshlands Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Genie: Zeal
    Elemental alignment(s): Fire/Metal
    Stats: Magic/Strength for the moment. May add vit as nescessary
    Skills: Some things are best kept secret. Lets just say I am creating a PvE monster.

Sadly, based on how these genies level, I can't afford to have a PvE and PvP version but I'm sure many do and I see some interesting PvP skills in those skill tables.

On a whole none of the wizard specific skills are exciting at all, though 1 or two seem to be useful. There are also some mixed elemental skills that could see some PvP usefulness.

Of course there is another route available to Wizards. Tired of bein beat down I know quite a few wizards are going to go for a lot of the water based skills. However I accept my lot as a hit hard die fast character and instead of using a genie to cover my weaknesses, I build mine (yes I know I said a PvE monster but its going to have some nice PvP uses as well) to help me hit even harder and also to exploit some weaknesses out there.

One happy aspect of my fire/metal build is that it cover 2 weaknesses of wizards though quite honestly I really am all about the damage:
    1) Protect vs sleep. Who cares about anti-bleed skills. I am confident I can take down a veno my level without headaching about the bleed skill.
    2) Anti stun. BMs and Barb.........booyah!

Really excited to get back home and keep levelling the Zeal.
  • Snakedoctor - Harshlands
    Snakedoctor - Harshlands Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Hmmm, this is pretty interesting. For PvE i do not care as this will be costly to use since you need chi stones to replenish stamina. And i consider wizzards a house for PvE anyway.

For PvP seems to me the best skills for us would be defensive since offense was never our problem though there are one or two i like. I like the Earth skill Evil wand that allows you to not take damage (Earth 5), Wood skill Fortify which makes you immune to stuns(Wood 5), And the combo Wood/Earth/Fire skill Relentless courage which makes you increase casting speed (2/2/1)

I would probably increase my int to 40 just to get an extra skill, allowing me to have 4. I think 3 is the max to start and please correct me if i am wrong. In that case i would probably get the anti bleed increase your own hp one, Healing i think it is called and it is water based (Water 1).

This will all be trial and error of course, maybe these don't do much good and they seem pretty costly in Exp/SP. Good thing i quit my high level char at 98% exp so i can use that to play around with a few genies, and trade it to this char early next week if i figure some stuff out
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Does anyone know if the -30% magic resist skill stacks with undine strike?

edit - I sure hope it does. If it does stack 90% reduction of magic resist!!!! *drools a lil
  • Snakedoctor - Harshlands
    Snakedoctor - Harshlands Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2009

edit - I sure hope it does. If it does stack 90% reduction of magic resist!!!! *drools a lil

Well i doubt it will be -90%. My guess is lets say it's magic res is 100. Undine -60% makes it 40. Then the genie cast -30% of 40 to bring it down to 28. Obviously i don't know for sure but i imagine that is how it works if they stack

On another note. As far as i can tell the only differnece in the genies is the look and starter points. (Not including lucky points) So if you plan on putting attribute points in all str/dex/int/vit or 3 i guess it doesn't matter which one you get. Might as well go for the look. That make sense or am i missing something?
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited May 2009

we're talking about "elemental weakness" right?
    first of all lvl 10 reduces mag res by 40% not 30%
    well i made some test and here are results:
    arcane cleric w/o buffs - base mag resist stats:
    metal - 6691
    wood - 6691
    fire - 6691
    earth - 6691
    water - 7560

after us+ew:
    metal - 5132
    wood - 5132
    fire - 2344
    earth - 2344
    water - 2528

after us only:
    metal - 6691
    wood - 6691
    fire - 4202
    earth - 4202
    water - 4541

so yea it stucks with US
    it's nice genie skill but... it requires a lot of mana b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'm using the str genie and uping its mag 2 dex 1 and str 1 every lvl. I'm using a healing spell it's so so on my lvl, but it is almost half my lvl itself still. I plan on getting the wiz ability to increase hp regen and absorb magic damage. My other skill for right now slow's them and speeds me. He wiz's gotta run. So far its a good grinding build I'll let u kno how it works on pvp
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • RoGz - Lost City
    RoGz - Lost City Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    first skill i went for was the 6second freeze..a wizards dream with a good 60% chance it works a treat both in pve and pvp
    im working on making for debuffs,freeze..so put all points into mag and got 83 means i can learn 2 extra skills and recovery rate is increased alot..
    i think there great so far and aint really got the hang of using them yet
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Extreme poison, that is all.
  • Babidi - Heavens Tear
    Babidi - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    it doesnt last 4 seconds.l it only lasts 2. tested with lvl 1 longetivity. does lvl affect this duration? or is it another bug?
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    the lvl 1 earth skill that lowers accuracy stacks with sandstorm! b:chuckle dont worry barb you can hit me as soon as this wears off b:laugh
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • missqq
    missqq Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Barb has too much HP for the -accuracy to even matter. First, you dont have evasion for it to make much of a difference, and once it wears off you'll get stunned and die.