decomposing genies

Kitsuneaki - Sanctuary
Kitsuneaki - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Lets say i decomposed a genie that took 100k exp to lv and i decomp it. Will i get an exp stone that has 100k exp? I heard there is some sort of penalty...so...anyone know info in decomping genies?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
6X Sin on RT
Post edited by Kitsuneaki - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Shinsen - Lost City
    Shinsen - Lost City Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Well i dunno about the penalty, but well i decomposed a lvl 10 genie (lvled via my sp) and i've got a stone of 1040xp or so. Well, if u know how much xp u need for lvl 10 genie, then you can do some easy calculations and see how many %xp is this 1040xp.
  • xperfectxzer0x
    xperfectxzer0x Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    wait genies decompose into exp stones? So if I level mine up with spirit points I can technically convert sp points into EXp points thus hastening my leveling?
  • XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    XKIAx - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    wait genies decompose into exp stones? So if I level mine up with spirit points I can technically convert sp points into EXp points thus hastening my leveling?

No. The xp stones can only be used by genies.
  • xperfectxzer0x
    edited May 2009
    No. The xp stones can only be used by genies.

darn, there goes a fast ticket leveling ticket
  • XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    XKIAx - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Well i dunno about the penalty, but well i decomposed a lvl 10 genie (lvled via my sp) and i've got a stone of 1040xp or so. Well, if u know how much xp u need for lvl 10 genie, then you can do some easy calculations and see how many %xp is this 1040xp.

That xp stone would almost be enough to level your genie to level 6.
  • Tieresius - Lost City
    Tieresius - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    What happens when you decompose Genie? Do you get to get another free? Cause I want Zeal on my Veno but I got the white one.
  • xperfectxzer0x
    edited May 2009
    What happens when you decompose Genie? Do you get to get another free? Cause I want Zeal on my Veno but I got the white one.

I was fortunate to get a zeal on my first try. Is it good? I haven't touched it since I have no idea how these little kiddos work and too scared to tamper with them. All I can tell is that zeal has some nice mag
  • Tieresius - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Right, I have no idea whether or not the magic one is good or not. I just figured...Veno-Magic, get a Magic fairy.
    Think I'll just make a new character a wait a week.
  • Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
    Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I decomposed my lvl 20 genie., got exp cube with lil over 8k exp. That got my lvl 13 genie to lvl 14 and i had about 3k exp left...

The genies are **** IMHO.
    *Semi retired*
  • Kitsuneaki - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009

You can buy one by selecting "summon genie" for 3 mirage stones. The free one u get is random.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    6X Sin on RT
  • Feiric - Harshlands
    Feiric - Harshlands Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I decomposed my lvl 20 genie., got exp cube with lil over 8k exp. That got my lvl 13 genie to lvl 14 and i had about 3k exp left...

The genies are **** IMHO.

So you ****ed up your genie (didn't like it or whatever the case), paid the price, so now the genies are ****, huh? Of course there's gonna be a penalty. Anyone who's played this kind of game before oughta know those kinds of principles.
  • Tieresius - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    So you ****ed up your genie (didn't like it or whatever the case), paid the price, so now the genies are ****, huh? Of course there's gonna be a penalty. Anyone who's played this kind of game before oughta know those kinds of principles.

Ladydeadlock, I think you offended Feiric.
    edited May 2009
    No, I havent messed up anything, my genie got pretty good amount of lucky points so far. I still think genies are ****. I dont think they make the game better in any ways...
    *Semi retired*
  • Kitsuneaki - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    No, I havent messed up anything, my genie got pretty good amount of lucky points so far. I still think genies are ****. I dont think they make the game better in any ways...

I dont think anyone cares...plus thats off topic. If you don't like them, dont use them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    6X Sin on RT
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    How were you already able to decomp your genie? It won't let me until its in trade state and it takes a week to switch to that.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
    edited May 2009
    Idk... I guess if u switch state it will let u decompose anyway..
    *Semi retired*
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    You can't switch state for a week. Mine is on the week timer to switch to trade state.
    Main characters
    edited May 2009
    Yes but during that time while its in switch to trade mode, I guess u can decompose it. Idk how it work, I just know I did it.. o.O
    *Semi retired*
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Well I know it told me I can't until its in trade state when I tried to decomp mine.
    Main characters
  • Agravain - Heavens Tear
    Agravain - Heavens Tear Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I think higher level genies cant be decomposed until tradeable. I have decomposed several lower but my lvl 30+ do not decompose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Baalzor - Heavens Tear
    Baalzor - Heavens Tear Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    lol liar, you cant decompose genie..genies arrived today and you need to wait at least for a week so they can be in trade mode and they you can decompose them. dont lie and say you decomposed it already. thats just bull.
    and yes its all ****.
    if they explained it in a way a common ppl would understand. the basics, one step at the time, it would be great. but NOOOOO they hide everything so much like its the evolution in MMO gaming. gimme a break, next time when you import such **** as genies (saying **** cuz 100% of the ppl are confused and dunno what to do) please do make some tutorial or anything like it so common ppl can understand.
    so far so bad...
    http:// fr.xfire.com/video/36f4d6/
    RUBBERBAND \o/
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    lol liar, you cant decompose genie..genies arrived today and you need to wait at least for a week so they can be in trade mode and they you can decompose them. dont lie and say you decomposed it already. thats just bull.
    and yes its all ****.
    if they explained it in a way a common ppl would understand. the basics, one step at the time, it would be great. but NOOOOO they hide everything so much like its the evolution in MMO gaming. gimme a break, next time when you import such **** as genies (saying **** cuz 100% of the ppl are confused and dunno what to do) please do make some tutorial or anything like it so common ppl can understand.
    so far so bad...

I beg to differ

I understood Genies.. o.o... why don't you?

It's not like the meaning of life or something... I mean you pick stats you like... (They give you description all what each stat do)...

You spend about 2 hours planning your genie build. They give you all the possible skill choices (Like.. Each element represent a req for a skill)

Woola... just spend like 2000 hours leveling it up! = good Genie! Woot!
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I did decompose 2 genies sooner.. like 3 - 4 hrs ago .; tried to decompose aother one 1 hr ago and couldnt.. not till he isnt tradable.

IMO the GM have changed an option.

the first genie i did decompose was level 30.. all Xp from SP. The stone only permited me to level the other one to level 10-12 .. so the penalty is a real hard one ;)
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • Baalzor - Heavens Tear
    Baalzor - Heavens Tear Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    you understood genies? wooooow ! awesome nintendo 64!!!!!!!!!
    its not rocket science, just said they could do something to simplify it.
    jawohl kommandant ?
    http:// fr.xfire.com/video/36f4d6/
    RUBBERBAND \o/
  • Xhinzo - Harshlands
    Xhinzo - Harshlands Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    First things first take a look at the skill trees and read the skill descriptions. Decide what skills interest you and try them out. For now until we know just how good/useful these skills turn out to be no its all experimenting here on in. As far as the damage spells go however I can say that lower level skills do less damage "duh" than skill learnt later on. So don't waste too much sp levelling skills that don't give you good damage unless it gives a good (in your opinion) benefit.

Now you know what skills you are interested see what elements you are going to have to learn to get those skills. Some are single element e.g. require 2 fire while other are mixed e.g. 1 fire, 1 metal etc etc. Remember you earn 1 elemental point every 5 levels so you have to know exactly which skills you want so you don't end up wasting elemental points.

Now you have got an idea of what skills you want you will notice that each skill benefits from certain stat changes e.g. skill x may do more damage with an increase of the strength stat. That means that you have to or should at least decide if you want to tailor your stats to suit the skills you have. Remember the genie gives us additional skills. Don't see it as the genie attacking. See it as you attacking using the genie as a placeholder for your additional skills. Now as an example you may have a damage skill that improves with strength and it has an additional effect which improves with higher dexterity. Now you must decide if you want to benifit from both, only one or neither. For instance you may only care about the damage aspect of the skill but not about the length of say the debuff, so you put your points in str instead of dex.

Note however you have 3 (initially) skill slots and that stats are also useful beyond improving the usefulness of skills. Example if you want to have more tha 3 skill slots you need to put points into magic.

Once you understand the relationship between these three operands:
    skill choice
    elemental affinity
    stat positioning

Then you can then go about making your genie to suit your purpose.

Quite honestly the genie upgrade opens the window to have a great variety of skills builds. E.g. as a wizard you could go for a heavily water based genie to help in healing, buffing etc or do like me and create and offensively oriented fire/metal genie. Another option could be to create a tactical genie to make your wizard a buffer/debuffer etc etc.

The one great divider amonst genies will be the lucky points. Quite honestly I think that a lot of top players will spend a lot of time trying to get maxed lucky points. Why? Because better stats = better skills and better skills = a better character (well at least in theory).

Its not the greatest explanation because there are lots of explanations I left out but basically understanding those three things:
    skills
    element points
    stat points

forms the basis of understanding how to unlock the power of the genies.
  • Lareish - Harshlands
    Lareish - Harshlands Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    How were you already able to decomp your genie? It won't let me until its in trade state and it takes a week to switch to that.

I think if it's under Level 40 you can decompose it without the wait. That's what one of the guides said, anyway. After 40 (or after 30, based on user feedback) you need to put it in Tradeable mode first, which has a 1-week waiting period to complete.

There's a FAQ on Genies, search the forum. There's also an official guide to genies linked on the latest Patch notice.

They aren't step-by-step guides but they come very close. Read through them, it should help clarify a lot of things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harshlands || Lareish (Wz), Enraged Executor || AKA Howl Leader Garmr

~~ ~~~ The semi-sane, optimistic cynic with a light heart. ~~~ ~~
    edited May 2009
    and yes its all ****.
    so far so bad...

Dude, did u woke up on the wrong side today? lol.. or are u just pissed with the genies.. b:chuckle
    *Semi retired*
  • Berwen - Sanctuary
    Berwen - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    and yes its all ****.
    so far so bad...

Foot in mouth much?? I also decomposed a level 6 genie.. seems you may want to remove that sock before sticking in in teh mouth b:chuckle
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    ... please do make some tutorial or anything like it so common ppl can understand.

Tutorial was up before the servers were: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/guide/genie
  • Rubles - Heavens Tear
    Rubles - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    there isnt a penalty to decomposing, i already decomposed 3 genies on my alts to send the xp cubes to my main.

the problem is that the ratio of 'xp cube' points to real 'genie xp' is diffrent from 'spirit' to 'genie xp'.

the precent you see at the bottom of the EXP infuse window tells you how much genie xp you get per 1pt of either 'your xp', 'cube xp', or spirit.

spirit rises real quick, and youll get getting 200% genie xp per spirit point and then some.

while the xp cube and your xp have a lower % rate of transfer.

ex: you use 1000 spirit at 200% you now have 2000 genie xp points
    you then decompose those 2000 genie xp points into a cube, and use it on another genie
    the problem is cube transfer % is only 50% so you wind up only having 1000 genie xp at the end of all this

(hope that was clear)

its all about the precents.. theres is no real penalty.. just difrent ratios