What type of Genie do you have? And what build? :o

WingedAmeh - Heavens Tear
WingedAmeh - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I got a Dex Genie...better than a Mag one I guess. :<

I'll upload a pic of my fail-Genie later.

Edit.

sgrfw5.jpg
Post edited by WingedAmeh - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Omg that genie is some kinda random stat based? D=
    *is at work*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • WingedAmeh - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    All of them are. You get a random stat-based Genie. :P
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    There are 4 genies, each one has a main starting stat that it is high in. At first you get a random genie but then at the cost of 3 mirages you can pick whatever one you want.

The real random stuff is ever 10 levels. Every 10 levels the genie randomly gets 1-10 lucky points, which are extra stat points. It's not possible to reset the random points so for example you get 1/10, you are stuck with it. No way to reroll other than get a new genie.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Anjiru - Sanctuary
    Anjiru - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    geniep.jpg
    genieskill.jpg

Vit... Like it's gonna tank anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:laugh
    ---
    "Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics."
  • Walterthewf - Harshlands
    Walterthewf - Harshlands Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    There are 4 genies, each one has a main starting stat that it is high in. At first you get a random genie but then at the cost of 3 mirages you can pick whatever one you want.

The real random stuff is ever 10 levels. Every 10 levels the genie randomly gets 1-10 lucky points, which are extra stat points. It's not possible to reset the random points so for example you get 1/10, you are stuck with it. No way to reroll other than get a new genie.

When I go to learn skills, I only see 5 skills.
    Is that the same for every genie?
    Are there more then 5 total skills for genies or what?
    edited May 2009
    You have to get the skills to learn more skills. o.o

Also, how the hell do you obtain Chi Stones?
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    When I go to learn skills, I only see 5 skills.
    Is that the same for every genie?
    Are there more then 5 total skills for genies or what?

There are arrows on the bottom of the skill list, click them. There are TONS of genie skills and they are the same for all genies.

You get chi stones by decomping player equips.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Qwentomec - Heavens Tear
    Qwentomec - Heavens Tear Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Decompose weapons
    you thilly gooses... feather set is thuper fabulous! -Bowlinbob

Chars:
    Qwentomec 94 BM / _Zappy_ 99 Wizzy / xLysander 6x Cleric / MoneyBagz 5x Veno / BaNaNa 3x Barb / _Flappy_ 2x Archer / xKnifey 2x Sin / Spoo_Ney 3x Psy

(cookie for anyone who gets the simpsons reference in those last 2 names)
  • Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
    Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    There are arrows on the bottom of the skill list, click them. There are TONS of genie skills and they are the same for all genies.

It dont work o.O The page wont turn...

So do u only need spirit, coins and Element points to learn skills? The amount of dex/vit/int/str will only affect the skills itself and not the ability of learning skill itself right?
    *Semi retired*
    edited May 2009
    Right, Lady. Only Affinity affects the type of skills you can learn. Dex/Vit/Int/Str affects the skills themselves.
    edited May 2009
    So then my question is, how much does it matter which genie you use? I guess the green one, Longevity, that comes with 15 Dex sounds more desirable..? I really dont know which one to pick o.O
    *Semi retired*
  • Ryohki - Harshlands
    Ryohki - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    So then my question is, how much does it matter which genie you use? I guess the green one, Longevity, that comes with 15 Dex sounds more desirable..? I really dont know which one to pick o.O

That's my question too, looking at the skills, it doesn't seem to matter what color of genie you have, just that that determines the starting attributes and skill?
    edited May 2009
    For some reason I can only see the first page, so all the skills there seem to be only affected by Dex.. Why cant I turn to next page?? b:sad
    Anyway.... Uhm... I guess if U really want to have a white one, but will put most of stats to Dex, I guess u could deal with that u lose that extra 10 Dex if u go for white genie..

Edit: no sry my bad, seems it only get 1point/lvl. I thought it was 5.
    *Semi retired*
  • Ryohki - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    For some reason I can only see the first page, so all the skills there seem to be only affected by Dex.. Why cant I turn to next page?? b:sad
    Anyway.... Uhm... I guess if U really want to have a white one, but will put most of stats to Dex, I guess u could deal with that u lose that extra 10 Dex if u go for white genie..

Edit: no sry my bad, seems it only get 1point/lvl. I thought it was 5.

If you want to see all the skills a genie can learn, right click your genie, then click the Afinity button, then Skill Inquiry.
    edited May 2009
    Just found it.. Dam, so many.. Still, they dont tell what stats is gonna benefit those skills =/ Guess just have to use my common sense lol..
    *Semi retired*
  • Ryohki - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    lol i know. Trial and error i suppose.
  • Stupidus - Heavens Tear
    Stupidus - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Right, Lady. Only Affinity affects the type of skills you can learn. Dex/Vit/Int/Str affects the skills themselves.

well, I'm still at work so never seen genie so far but few more questions:
    stats from genies affects my buils? if I make a vit genie, my vit will increase?
    and what skill require vit for example coz I assume some skills require str/dex/int:P
    edited May 2009

Well, depends.

Dex Genie -- Built around being more successful with skills, longer duration of skills, and range.
    Str Genie -- A more offensive Genie when using offensive skills.
    Mag Genie -- More Energy regenerated and more skill slots.
    Vit Genie -- Bigger Energy pool. (This would be needed because some skills require more than 105 Energy. [Genies have skills that require more than 105 Energy to cast.]).
    edited May 2009
    well, I'm still at work so never seen genie so far but few more questions:
    stats from genies affects my buils?
    Yes.

if I make a vit genie, my vit will increase?
    No. The maximum Energy pool of your Genie does.

and what skill require vit for example coz I assume some skills require str/dex/int:P
    They don't. Skills require Affinity to learn. NOT Stats. Str/Dex affect ONLY the skills themselves.

There's your answer.
  • XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    XKIAx - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    stats from genies affects my buils? if I make a vit genie, my vit will increase?

No, it wont increase your vit.
    STR: Determine damage out put of skills
    DEX: Determine effect of skills -duration
    WIL: MP pool
    INT: MP Recovery and the skills learnable (each 50 INT = +1 MP recovery)

Quoted from http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=253091 post nr 1
  • Walterthewf - Harshlands
    Walterthewf - Harshlands Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Anyone know if you can see how the damage scales as you increase the level of it before you actually get the skill?
  • Stupidus - Heavens Tear
    Stupidus - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    No, it wont increase your vit.

uhh, big giggest worry from here was a genie who affect my build. if his stats are on he's own and my separate is ok b:victory
  • Soho - Lost City
    Soho - Lost City Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    My Genie is geared towards being helpful in PVE. Later on, I plan to make a PK Genie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sohographics.deviantart.com
  • Zostar - Harshlands
    Zostar - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Hey im trading my Ice genie on my wizard Lek for one of those purple ones. PM me on the forums and we'll set it up.
  • Ashieka - Sanctuary
    Ashieka - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Here is the Zeal Genie. I am interested in seeing the Infliction one, please anyone gave a pic?

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg73/leshasplace/genie.jpg
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    have one but I'm at work

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sylvini - Heavens Tear
    Sylvini - Heavens Tear Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    STR: Determine damage out put of skills
    DEX: Determine effect of skills -duration
    VIT: MP pool
    INT: MP Recovery and the skills learnable (each 50 INT = +1 MP recovery)

All genie skills cost stamina, which requires Chi stones to replace, so all genie skills effectively cost money. From that perspective:

STR: More bang for your buck on damaging (and possibly healing) skills
    DEX: More bang for your buck on durrational skills
    VIT: Allows you to use more expensive (and powerful) skills, as well as chaining them together
    INT: Allows you to use skills more frequently, and with more variety
  • Mahafilac - Heavens Tear
    Mahafilac - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Name the layers of the OSI model in order.

ALL
    People
    Seem
    To
    Need
    Data
    Processing

Application
    Presentation
    Session
    Transport
    Network
    Data
    Physical
  • Xhinzo - Harshlands
    Xhinzo - Harshlands Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Well, depends.

Dex Genie -- Built around being more successful with skills, longer duration of skills, and range.
    Str Genie -- A more offensive Genie when using offensive skills.
    Mag Genie -- More Energy regenerated and more skill slots.
    Vit Genie -- Bigger Energy pool. (This would be needed because some skills require more than 105 Energy. [Genies have skills that require more than 105 Energy to cast.]).
    Yes but you can restat the genies hence making the color more a matter of choice than function.
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Yes but you can restat the genies hence making the color more a matter of choice than function.

You can't restat down past their starter levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...