Seems like "low" performance on a good set up

Magiterry - Lost City
Magiterry - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Support Desk
hey everyone!

Not really a big issue..but It just seems like that I'm not getting the kind of performance I should on the kind of system I have..

-AMD X4 9550 2.2Ghz
-6Gigs DDR2
-ATI 4870 512MB GDDR5
-Vista 64-Bit

in the major cities i am getting an average of like 15-17 fps, while in the open world, around 30-40.

everything is updated driver wise, and I can play any game I want to I have maxed out full for everything. I can also get around 60fps in Wow ( i can get more, but I have vertical sync turned on), around 50-60 fps in Crysis with all settings maxed but with NO AA at my native 1680x1050 resolution.

I know the game was created a few years back, so it really doesnt use all of the new hardware and what not..but I just feel like I should be getting a tad more performance then what I am.

lol again, its not that big of a deal, but I would just to have some insight on this, or if other players are having problems similar to this.

thanks!
-Terry-
Post edited by Magiterry - Lost City on

Comments

• Angelictj - Lost City
    Angelictj - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    **this is Magi..I just changed the character pic lol**

and yeah..I know many of you have WAYYYY better set ups then mine..but what I have gets the job done for what I do just fine =p

so please I dont have time for "oh your pc just sucks" or the old "should have gone with intel" talk. I dont want to hear it.
  • mooncrow
    mooncrow Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Just wondering if u playing at full screen? If not I would suggest trying how much u get frames at full screen because at window-mode your graphic card is most propably doing its job at 2d-mode.
  • BryanFury - Harshlands
    BryanFury - Harshlands Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Not really a big issue..but It just seems like that I'm not getting the kind of performance I should on the kind of system I have..

-AMD X4 9550 2.2Ghz
    -6Gigs DDR2
    -ATI 4870 512MB GDDR5
    -Vista 64-Bit

i'm getting like 5.000 FPS usually on full screen (6.900 on windowed) (:D) with MAXED settings and i have a

Q6600 Quad.core 2.8 (Ock 3.2)
    2GB DDR2
    (CFx) Ati Sapphire HD 4870 512MB GDDR5 (x2)
    -Xp Pro 32

You may have many problems for 2 reasons

-Vista (That kind of OS suck so hard since it need only for stay idle 2GB of ram)
    -Sync activated. Since there isn't any option for set up the Refresh rate, it may become lower than the actually on Window you have (i use 200 as refresh but i never turn on sync into any game and i have almost 5.000 FPS on all games)

You have to check if there is any kind of program that may suck memory or suck your CPU resources
  • Angelictj - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    thanks for the replies guys!

to answer the question, no, I do not play in windowed-mode =p full-screen all the way XD

and to the guy who says he gets 5K FPS. I play with it all maxed too.
  • GreyFace - Dreamweaver
    GreyFace - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i'm running a:
    T9300
    8800gts 512meg
    3gig ram
    Vista 32bit

i don't get over 25fps anywhere, window mode or full screen. I can run Crysis on gamer setting and get 30fps. The cpu usage never goes over 60% while playing with settings to max.

I can run an mkv (micro HD) file from the lappy to the tv while playing and the performance stays the same.

Something is wrong but have no idea what..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BryanFury - Harshlands
    BryanFury - Harshlands Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    thanks for the replies guys!

to answer the question, no, I do not play in windowed-mode =p full-screen all the way XD

and to the guy who says he gets 5K FPS. I play with it all maxed too.

do have you tried to check the AFFINITY on task manager? you should have it to all 4 cores, maybe it automatically use only 1 as standard affinity. Is a common problem on AMD CPU MC
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    What kind of apps are you all running in the background?

Have Yahoo or Google Apps/Toolbars/Update installed? Get rid of them, IMHO, they are very nosy and can bring down your system resources while they are sending info.

Don't be downloading ANYTHING in the background.

Do you have the latest Windows Updates for your version of Windows?

Do you have the latest motherboard, system, video and other drivers for yuor system? Go to your manufacturer's support pages and have your model number for your system handy. Updating those might help.

Try turning OFF ALL the graphic settings in-game under System Settings > System or UI, and slide the sliders all the way to the left. If your FPS doesn't improve, then you need to look elsewhere in your system for what is causing the issue. If it does improve, then turn each thing up or on, then try it out. It could be one grpahic setting that your video chipset just doesn't like in your current system configuration.

All else fails, send Tech Support a ticket here: http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

after following the directions here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2005612&postcount=33
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Angelictj - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    lol well, I found one thing..
    I think the Water setting is bugged or something XD
    on the max setting, in City of the Plume I get like 15-17FPS, but when it is on the middle setting, it jumps up to like 20-25.

maybe the devs can take a look at this?
  • sparqy
    sparqy Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Is your 64 bit windows working harder to run a 32 bit app?

You can try a 32 bit install on an alternate harddive. You will not be able to use all of your available memory however...

Also, I'm not sure how well this game takes advantage of multiple CPU cores, so you may be expecting more then this game is designed to take advantage of...
    You can however assign it to a specic core through the affinity options in task manager, and assign all your other applications to the cores other then that one.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Please review the FAQ here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=75572

If that doesn't help...

You can send us a ticket to Tech Support here: http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

after reading this: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2005612&postcount=33

We'll take a look at your system and see what is going on hopefully, ok? b:pleased
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Angelictj - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    sparqy wrote: »
    Is your 64 bit windows working harder to run a 32 bit app?

You can try a 32 bit install on an alternate harddive. You will not be able to use all of your available memory however...

Also, I'm not sure how well this game takes advantage of multiple CPU cores, so you may be expecting more then this game is designed to take advantage of...
    You can however assign it to a specic core through the affinity options in task manager, and assign all your other applications to the cores other then that one.

lol I'm not about to re install a 32-bit OS. I dont have the time for that. And the game did the same thing on my Vitsa 32-bit Computer (2.2Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 3Gigs DDR2, and my ATI 4870 153MB GDDR5)
This discussion has been closed.