Has something like this happened to you?

scionofchaos
scionofchaos Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
A quick story of one of the stupid things I've done while trying to explore every corner of PW.
One time I entered the swamp on my way to see Dreamweaver and decided to stop and see the Wraiths Gate. I had more curiosity then caution at the time so in I went. Inside I got too close to the guards and was quickly covered in a cloud of powerfull poison. Luckily I had enough time to escape but not enough time to prevent myself from dying. At this point it was quiet a sight seeing a dead guy suddenly appear in town and the town even had multiple clerics in it at the time. For a minute I tried getting a rez thinking I could get out of this without the exp hit for my current idea. Tried but no rez from any of them. So I hit Go to Town and as soon as I clicked it I noticed a cleric over by the banker had finally started to channel their revive. Safe to say that was not one of my better days. Things to learn from this
1. don't go into higher level FBs (I'm not a veno)
2. If you do go in don't walk up to the mobs and say "Hey guys. I lost my way. How do you get out of here?"
3. Say nice things about every cleric you see whether you mean it or not. Maybe they will remember you when you are lying dead nearby.
Do not walk behind me, I will not lead
Do not walk in front of me, I will not follow
Do not walk beside me, This twisted road I must walk alone
Post edited by scionofchaos on

Comments

• Cy_clone - Heavens Tear
    Cy_clone - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    this post made me laugh out a little :)
  • Enina - Heavens Tear
    Enina - Heavens Tear Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Lesson no. 3: Always look around WELL before you press the "Go to Town" button. Nothing makes a cleric more angry than being almost done channeling our revive, and then the person disappears - wasting our mana (yes, interrupted revive still drains mana).
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I try to die as little as possible. I've only received Cleric res like 2 times due to this (one was when I went AFK in Hidden Orchid Valley, must have been a Diplopod around me, the other was me joking around in a Cenminator fight).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Im the god of PW. I never die.
  • Jayson_fall - Heavens Tear
    Jayson_fall - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I only die when I leave towns. b:chuckle

Once at level oh...30? ish. I thought I go get revenge on the blasted darkbreed wolfkins that always gave me so much trouble. Turns out, low 30's isn't quite high enough to take on four of them. They chased me almost all the way back to Wellspring, as I 'potted my **** off.b:surrender

48, however is high enough. I make it a point to swing by the den and whoops some at least once a day. Revenge X2.b:victory So far.<<
  • Lady_Iona - Heavens Tear
    Lady_Iona - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I only die when I leave towns. b:chuckle

Once at level oh...30? ish. I thought I go get revenge on the blasted darkbreed wolfkins that always gave me so much trouble. Turns out, low 30's isn't quite high enough to take on four of them. They chased me almost all the way back to Wellspring, as I 'potted my **** off.b:surrender

48, however is high enough. I make it a point to swing by the den and whoops some at least once a day. Revenge X2.b:victory So far.<<

That is so me with the Bloodraged Cadaver. I make sure to kill it twice every single day, more if there are people in the area needing the kill. It is just so satisfying to pay him back for all those times he snuck up on me while I was questing in the area.
  • bloodpoolz
    bloodpoolz Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Just a note so some of you that are rude, Kill steal, and simply do not care about anyone but yourself in this game. I personally have a "DO NOT REZ" list. this is made of of the people who went out of their way to kill every mob in the area no matter if other people are there trying to do a quest. People who have ks from me on perspose, and the jerks that I have asked nicely to spread out so we were not fighting over the same mobs. And there are a few higher levels that were killing mobs for the lower levels, that did not care that 10 other people were there trying to do a quest making it very hard for us because they killed everything in one hit.
    There is 37 people on my list so far, and two or three times now I have come across them asking for a rez. While standing on top of them I explain how sorry I am and i am sure they do not remember me and what they did, but I also point out to them when they are doing me wrong that they will be added to this list, and at that time they do not seem to care. When they are dead its a very different story when you have rez 7 and there laying there face down in the dirt.

Name Withheld
  • Axemanek - Heavens Tear
    Axemanek - Heavens Tear Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Whenever i do die, i never get ressurected by any random cleric.
    I end up asking guildies and they eventually come
    I Want To Eat Estasi & Send Her Into Extasy!! b:victory

May The Force Not Be With You!
  • Lareish - Harshlands
    Lareish - Harshlands Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I had an exciting time yesterday. My husband and I had recently killed B. Cadaver, and were heading along back to the temple killing some of our other quest mobs when we both got DC'd.

I had recently passed Farn. At the DC I was beyond his normal pace range, well away from where he was that second.

I relogged a centimeter away from him.

Needless to say, 4.8 mps isn't fast enough to get away from him. My speed powders have since gone back into my quickbar, needless to say... I died two hops away from making it over the temple wall.

Quite exciting though XD Farn really puts a lot of enthusiasm into chasing down squishy mages well below his level. The chase sequence was wonderfully animated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harshlands || Lareish (Wz), Enraged Executor || AKA Howl Leader Garmr

~~ ~~~ The semi-sane, optimistic cynic with a light heart. ~~~ ~~
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Happened to me once I was heading outside of arch to finish a random quest and one of those venomous things went for me, so I stopped to kill it, I usually like to kill small things along my way, adds up to a few k in DQ drops everytime I go places.
    Anyway, these tree guys were nearby and normally they never go agro, but for some reason attacking the venomous guy p!ssed them off O_o took me a while to realise the strange noise was 4 of them spamming poison magic over and over. By the time I got the wits to run, despite mad pot spammage I was taking 227 dmg hits of poison damage and dropped dead just in sight of the quest NPC. =P
  • Seraph - Dreamweaver
    Seraph - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Tree guys, or three guys?

The trees aren't aggro outside arch from what I remember (and they use a phys attack, not poison), but the ghouls are. If you get close enough they will attack, and if you attack one close enough to another they will join in. But yeah, if you're at the level to quest outside arch, four of those ghouls are more than enough to drop you, especially if you're a melee class. ^^
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Npced a stack of 37 apoth potions after a long grinding session,they look the exact same as venom dqs,pretty mad at that took ages to make them.
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet