Polearm PvP

Options
unoxx
unoxx Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Blademaster
Hi there, I have a question for all Polebladers out there.
Im gonna reach lvl 70 in a week or so, and I'm gonna start doing some PvP then. In duels I tend to perform very well, but of course real PvP is different. My question is, how can I keep my performance @ pvp high? We cant really stun-lock since we have only 2 stuns skills, and our AoE's are linear, its kinda hard to "place" human opponents correctly.

My stats are: str: 173 vit: 63 dex: 105 mag: 25 currently lvl 66.
Are these good or should I change something?

So basically, what strategies and skills are good for PvP for polebladers?
Any input is welcome, tnx :)
Post edited by unoxx on

Comments

• Michael - Harshlands
    Michael - Harshlands Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Ranged skills are your best bet with the spear, most classes will attempt to kite BM's, which means normally they will get alot more attacks than you will (in most cases percentagewise the BM does more per hit) your ranged skills will allow you to do very nice damage even to players who kite, plus remember to stun and beat on them as much as you can (still helps even if you cant permanently stunlock). Aim is to stun them, tick their charm with close range attacks, and when they try to run unload the 2 ranged attacks and kill them
  • Xscottyx - Sanctuary
    Xscottyx - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Well I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure there's no need to have any points in magic. I'd suggest putting them elsewhere.
  • chomon
    chomon Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    restat all your mag points into dex or vit, and be prepared to get attacked by 8x/9x if you enter secret passage
  • unoxx
    edited May 2009
    Options
    yes, I was thinking about doing that.. but there is no scroll for just restatting 20 points lol.
    And I wasnt planning on starting PvP @ secret passage, not on my own anyways^_^

any more thoughts on tactics? tnx for urs btw Micheal :)
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I take it your not on a PvP server. Please respond.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • unoxx
    edited May 2009
    Options
    No I am not. I'm on sanctuary.

Should I go n add more to dex or vit?
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i am not the person to be answering your question really. Some one like Lyndura would be better. Especially since she is a PvP oriented spear user.

With that being said if it was me. I would take and put at least 15 more points into dex. The remaining points I would wait on some more feed back.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • unoxx
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Ok tnx a lot :) The xtra crit % may come in handy.
    Hope Lyndura can help me our further.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Well, as many already said, remove your points from MAG and put them into DEX until you have 80, then put the rest into VIT (5 more points).

For PvP Farstrike is your main skill, Meteor Rush is your secondary.

Max Aeolian Blade, both Leaps, Roar of the Pride, both Sprints, Drake's Ray, Marrow Physical. If you duel a lot max Ocean's Edge. Leave Magical Marrow somewhere between level 3~6. Bleeds depend on you.

If you're fighting on land then use Ocean's Edge to constantly slow their speed, attack them with your secondary damaging skills if they are close, if they start to run then use your ranged attacks. Learn to use Leap so while they are running slowly you can keep attacking them with your skills. Use both bleeds for a easier killing. And don't forget to keep stunning them.

And sprints for when they start to run.

If you're fighting on the air then slowing them will be useless. You will need to learn how to use Farstrike to "stop" yourself (and damage) so you can use Tiger Leap right after and keep attacking.

Use Leap back to cancel the casting of a ranged class by getting out of their range. Use Bleeds on robe users. Stun.

If you can't kill them then you will have to use Advanced Spark Eruption or Glacial Spike.

Pretty much that is what you can do at your level. More things are added or changed the higher level you get, but you should be able to figure it out then.
  • unoxx
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Tnx alot Lyndura! This helps me out greatly. Got some work to do on my skills, but I am already saving for that :)

One more question, should I keep my current vit/dex proportion? Like twice more dex than vit? Or add more to vit?
  • unoxx
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Hey, I just came across an older polearm guide, and it said to use evasion shards in armor when you have a PvP polearm build. But so far I've only heard that all BM's should wear HP shards....
    Now which ones should I use?
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Can somebody confirm this?

A friend told the that due to the range that pole has. Magic mobs are on mag range all the time. So, the pole guys gets mag attacks over and over rather than having a mag attack followed by a series of melee attacks.

its this true?
  • skyp3r
    skyp3r Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I think lyndura recommend in another thread to use hp shards till lvl 90 and then to switch to evasion, draztik recommend to use eva shards if u're a pvp build.

@granrey:
    yay, that's right, because of the range the monsters use magic attacks, but you can also walk 1-2 steps in front of the enemy and he will hit you like normal.
  • CJ7 - Sanctuary
    CJ7 - Sanctuary Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    because of the extra range i carry light armor with me all the time. chest, pants, and boots they give you a good boost on your mag resistance when fighting mag mobs. no need to go out and spend on this just use the best drops you get while grinding and upgrade when you get a better drop.

definitely wear hp shards for pvp evasion only works against melee or archer attacks. extra hp is always good versus mag or phys.
  • unoxx
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Yes that is what I was thinking as well. I guess I'll go for HP shards then :)

About the melee/magic range with poles, just move into melee range, use roar to cancel first mag attack and start attacking. No problemo at all.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Well, as many already said, remove your points from MAG and put them into DEX until you have 80, then put the rest into VIT (5 more points).

Do you use fists as well?
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.