How're my stats looking?

Gielgamesh - Heavens Tear
Gielgamesh - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Blademaster
Since I wasn't particularily concerned with builds and all that when I first started this character, I'm wondering now if my current stat lay-out should be alright.
At level 52, my base stats are as follows:
Vit. 61
Str. 151
Mag. 5
Dex. 58

For the past while, I've basically been putting my points like this for each level: 3 points in Str., 1 in Vit. and the last point in Dex., if I need it for equipment, otherwise it goes into Str. After looking at some of the guides, I've realized that this isn't too shabby, but I'd still appreciate any input.

Also, I'm worried that I may have done my skills incorrectly. I'm a poleblader, and for attacking skills, I mainly use: Stream Strike (lvl 8), Drake's Ray (lvl 6), Aeolian Blade (lvl 4), Ocean's Edge (lvl 2), Farstrike (lvl 1), and Piercing Winds (lvl 1). I also use Spark Eruption, Diamond Sutra (lvl 2), and Roar of the Pride (lvl 1).

As you can see, some of my skills are still fairly low levelled, and that's because I've been slightly strapped for money. It'd be greatly appreciated if anyone could reccomend which skills I would be best investing in, since I obviously can't upgrade all of them.
Post edited by Gielgamesh - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    No need to put any extra points in str other than what's needed for equips, you're better off putting it into dex and vit.
    As for skills there's not really any wrong way to put it into skills, it'll just take a bit longer to get the SP and money needed to max the better ones. The only skills that you absolutely have to max asap are Mastery (poleblade i'm guessing for you) and Aura of the Golden Bell. Only level diamond sutra when you feel that the health boost isn't enough. Stop leveling stream strike and ocean's edge, max out drake's ray since you're a polearm BM, aeolian's nice if you have the money to spare, and farstrike and piercing winds you'll want to level but i'm not sure how quickly since i'm Axe. Pretty much if you're trying to conserve money and SP just upgrade your Polearm mastery and Aura of the Golden Bell
  • nocturnalbastard
    nocturnalbastard Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Your stats look fine. Add enough STR so you can upgrade to the next set of weap when you're ready and put all your points in to Vit or Dex.

Skills? Upgrade your Farstrike and Piercing Winds as soon as you can afford.
  • Kaier - Sanctuary
    Kaier - Sanctuary Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    ...still a nooob here but i put my points as evenly as possible into my statsb:victory
    Friendship means being stupid together...b:cute
  • Averian - Lost City
    Averian - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Kaier, I hope you didnt add to magic... cause we arent suppose to do that.
  • Truvosh - Dreamweaver
    Truvosh - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'm did some basic research and decide as an aspiring Blademaster to go Axe BM. Also, I'm leaning very heavy to STR with the rest of my points in dex. I'm focused purely on monster battles, though I know at some point I must PVP. I have no VIT, but I'm still a bit early in the game. At what point do we really start needing it for gear, I wonder.
  • Averian - Lost City
    Averian - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    For me, I havent bought any equips yet. I am 54 and I only bought my lvl 44 and 54 weapon. for vit just add it once in a while but at later lvls, for PvE, it is pretty important especially if you are an axe BM.